The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn teachers...there's a new rule in town.

Default Attn teachers...there's a new rule in town.

Is there no end to this pathetic messiah's involvement? How proud you lefties must be. Bet your just elated with this news. Can't wait to here how this will affect Buzz's and Sambo's kids.

By all means, open the official order and read the audacity of this incredible grab at more power.

UB

Obama Order: Black Kids Should Be Disciplined Differently From White or Hispanic Children

Written By:
    Bat One
    Aug 2, 2012

A basic tenet of America’s legal system, as well as every other society of which I am aware, is that punishment for violation of the society’s rules should be based on the nature and severity of the offense, and not on the race, religion, or ethnic background of the offender.

Race, or ethnicity, if you prefer, is what is known as a suspect category, and any law which provides for punishment based on race is constitutionally impermissible. Barack Obama, however, doesn’t believe this should be so. And as reported in The Daily Caller, he is instituting a controversial campaign by progressives to regulate schools’ disciplinary actions so that members of major racial and ethnic groups are penalized at equal rates, regardless of individuals’ behavior.

Labeled The White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans, the Obama Executive Order sets up yet another new federal bureaucracy within the Department of Education to promote

“a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

“African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline,” said the order…

“What this means is that whites and Asians will get suspended for things that blacks don’t get suspended for,” because school officials will try to level punishments despite groups’ different infraction rates, predicted Hans Bader, a counsel at the Competitive Enterprise Institute. Bader is a former official in the Education Department’s Office for Civil Rights, and has sued and represented school districts and colleges in civil-rights cases.

“It is too bad that the president has chosen to set up a new bureaucracy with a focus on one particular racial group, to the exclusion of all others,” said Roger Clegg, the president of the Center for Equal Opportunity.

“A disproportionate share of crimes are committed by African Americans, and they are disproportionately likely to misbehave in school… [because] more than 7 out of 10 African Americans (72.5 percent) are born out of wedlock… versus fewer than 3 out of 10 whites,” he said in a statement to The Daily Caller.

Although ” you won’t see it mentioned in the Executive Order… there is an obvious connection between these [marriage] numbers and how each group is doing educationally, economically, criminally,” he said.
    What also isn’t mentioned, either in The Daily Caller article or the Obama Executive Order is the effect that a separate and unequal system of school discipline that favors specifially African American students would have on the non-African American students.

After all, discipline based on the race of the offender, or the proportion of the offender’s racial or ethnic group within the entire population, is the exact opposite of what students should be learning in civics/government classes, not to mention state and federal law.

If a white student is subject to suspension for behavior which is not a suspension violation for a Black, we are no better off than we were before Brown, and only the roles have changed and the minority is privileged while the majority is discriminated against. The only principle at work then is might makes right. Is that what we need to be teaching our school children?

Nearly 60 years after the historic Brown v. Board of Education ruling, America’s first Black president (okay, half Black) is taking the country backwards in an obvious effort to pander to the Black voters who are losing patience with his failed economic policies and his radical social agenda.

If students – White, Black, Hispanic, or whatever – misbehave in school, that is a matter for local school authorities, not for Washington bureaucrats anxious to garner more federal control, and help their failed boss get reelected.

The actual Executive Order can be found here.
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 08-03-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

We have a chance in nov to stop this nonsense shame on us as a country if we don't .
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Equally interesting, seems Pres has set up a special Agency for African-American students. I'm thinking he's trying to offset some damage done to his support by the gay marriage thing, by giving out some ice cream?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I heard he was called and told if he didn't do something for the blacks he was going to lose their vote. Obama has an agenda and if he gets another 4 years we will all suffer from it.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

The only bright side to this might be (First) more parents home schooling or sending kids to private schools and (2nd) consequent pressure on state governments to issue vouchers.

I think private education and school choice (for ALL kids of ANY color) is the best long-term chance we have of turning this thing around.

This crap started a year or 2 ago in our county. The NAACP and other crew claimed too many black kids were getting suspended vs white kids. Of course previous history, severity of offense etc were not used in the complainers stats. So the county caved and now they aren't suspending trouble makers like they should.
    White kids are getting suspended for minor offenses and minorities are getting a pass with a history or a major offense. What a pile of dogdoo!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

So, we have to change the rules so some kids can make it?
    Interesting.
    If I were to accuse Obama of thinking this way, I would be severely admonished by our resident secular progressives.

Yet, here it is..........
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    I heard he was called and told if he didn't do something for the blacks he was going to lose their vote. Obama has an agenda and if he gets another 4 years we will all suffer from it.
    3 Things:

1) I just love posts that start "I heard he was called and told"..........great source & credibility
    2) I cant fathom him losing the black vote
    3) I can't fathom him getting 4 more years.

Why cant we acknowledge that reverse predjudice is still predjudice and should be banned; and certainly not legitimized ?

it was on Bill O Reilly, sorry but i dont recall the name of the person that called and told him he needs to act and do something for the blacks . He already has lost a lot of the black vote because of his flip flop on gay marriage, have you seen the group of black pastors that are furious at him calling him the devil for the gay marriage issue. A popular black magizine is upset because he has not done anything about the blacks killing blacks in Chicago, his hometown yet he runs to Colorado after the shooting. I can't stand the thought of him for 4 more years but it's a possibility.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-04-2012 at 09:36 PM.