RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Training Collars

2K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  bluto77 
#1 ·
What ctraining coolars do you use? I have an Innotek 1600 that appears to be on its way out. I'm looking to replace this unit and was wondering what everybody else uses. Thanks

#3 ·
Lots of information previously posted on the RTF on this subject. You might do a search. My current ecollar is a Tritronics Pro 500 G3 Exp. My previous ecollar was Tritronics Flyway Special G3 Exp.

#7 ·
I use a Dogtra 1900 NCP and a 1702 NCP 2 dog. Love them both

#17 ·
I'm trying to make a decision on which Tritronic. I'm trying to figure out the major differences within the tubular transmitter models. From what I can tell, they all have a 1 mile radius, 3 different options of intensity, a tone mode, and then some have 6 different momentary and continuous stimulation levels, 6/18, 18/6, 18/18.... Do I really need 18 different stimulation levels, or will 6 do the trick? I'm a novice trainer, and training my Lab to retrieve in the field. I won't be running hunt/field trials. Am I seeing the differences correctly? I may be wrong about the 3 options of intensity for all of the models. The "Classic 70" and "Field 90" don't specifically state that there are 3 different intensity options. I don't want to break the bank on this purchase, but I also don't want to get the least expensive one to find out down the road that I should've spent an extra $100'ish to get the one I needed.

I'm looking at the:
- Field 90
- Pro 100
- Flyway G3
- Pro 200

Any recommendations? Sorry to threadjack, but I've been searching the board for a good place to ask this question, and this seemed like the best spot.

THanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.