RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Dakota Xtreme decoys

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  PMG 131 
#1 ·
Has anyone used or seen the Dakota exteme flocked head mallard decoys?. Are they as good as they say ? Thanks Jim

#2 ·
Depends on how you take care of them,slotted bags and care in using them-last awhile

Regular bag's and abuse -replace/reflock every year.
Hard to clean the flocked heads if they get muddy/dirty.

I have a dozen of the regular Dakota's non flocked heads and while I'm impressed with the look and durability they are heavy if you have to pack them very far compared to other brands.

#4 ·
My oldest Dakotas are just two seasons old, but I bought more for last year on the strength of how those looked, rode and held up. They, too, rate "great" - so far. They're not babied and are chunked in a common bag, but they're only carried in and out of the marsh twice a year, as I leave them in the water (and sun) for all of each split. The flocked heads have held up well to that handling and sun, but I also use some unflocked ones and like them about as well.

Flocked:

Unflocked:

You may not be aware that the drakes are packaged with two heads per, one flocked, one not, so there's backup in the box. That, and new flocked heads are available for, I believe, $3 each.

#7 ·
I think post 2 and 3 are right out of'er. I have 24 of them in a 6 slot dakota honker bag (4 per slot) fits perfect, extremely durable. No issues at all.
Post 3, if that is correct did you contact Dakota? I cant see snow destroying there flocking as i have a trailer full of FFD lessers.

Poster 2 is right, they are a bit bigger but i prefer that. My boat can carry 24 deke's no prob. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.