The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a Thought

Default Just a Thought

I find it interesting that RMoney is routinely demonized for finding business opportunities & becoming wealthy, while the various sports figures playing in stadiums financed by public dollars get a pass even though they are wealthy beyond even their own dreams. & many more wealthy than RMoney .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I find it interesting that RMoney is routinely demonized for finding business opportunities & becoming wealthy, while the various sports figures playing in stadiums financed by public dollars get a pass even though they are wealthy beyond even their own dreams. & many more wealthy than RMoney .
    This MUST be a "freaking lie!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

I made a similar statement on a seperate thread and included actors, entertainers, etc. I completely agree with you but nothing ever seems to be said by the libs on this.

Romney's success and the restoration of your liberty and freedom are two different things. Our first priority should be to elect someone who completely demonstrates knowledge of the constitution and has complete respect for it. Libertarian candidate Johnson started a construction business and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor of New Mexico he vetoed more legislation than the other 49 governors combined. When he left office after 2 terms the state had 1200 fewer employees than it had when he was elected. Mitt is too cozy with the Wall street crowd and if elected will continue our fascist ways.

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Romney's success and the restoration of your liberty and freedom are two different things. Our first priority should be to elect someone who completely demonstrates knowledge of the constitution and has complete respect for it. Libertarian candidate Johnson started a construction business and grew it to over 1000 employees. As governor of New Mexico he vetoed more legislation than the other 49 governors combined. When he left office after 2 terms the state had 1200 fewer employees than it had when he was elected. Mitt is too cozy with the Wall street crowd and if elected will continue our fascist ways.
    cpj well said!!
    Im gonna do some research on Johnson; sounds better than the other two bought amd paid for same ol same ol alternatives that may promise change but history shows us will do exactly what the controlling special interests have hired them to do

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    cpj well said!!
    Im gonna do some research on Johnson; sounds better than the other two bought amd paid for same ol same ol alternatives that may promise change but history shows us will do exactly what the controlling special interests have hired them to do
    I've been trying to decide between Johnson and Rmoney. The more I hear Rmoney speak, the more I am leaning toward Johnson.

Does anyone really beleive Rmoney? Or, is he just saying what the noisey on the far right wants to hear?

He has also demonstated that he is another big government type, is inept on Foreign Poilcy and supports the shenannigans on Wall St. Again, the more I hear from him, the less I think he is any better than Obama!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Do you really believe Romney is for big Government? He wants to cut programs so maybe people will have to get up out of bed and get a job. He wants to create jobs so they can do just that. Obama is out cutting the work reqiurement for the unemployed and telling us we can all eat healthier if we were on food stamps. you should really listen to what he says he is not for big gov't.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Do you really believe Romney is for big Government? He wants to cut programs so maybe people will have to get up out of bed and get a job. He wants to create jobs so they can do just that. Obama is out cutting the work reqiurement for the unemployed and telling us we can all eat healthier if we were on food stamps. you should really listen to what he says he is not for big gov't.
    Rmoney vocally supported TARP and other bailouts...that is big government. He supports the failed policies of our Federal Reserve, that is big over-bearing government. He has said nothing that addresses our failed Monetary Policy. He laid the groundwork for mandated Healthcare, that is big government. He caters to those that would make this country a Theocracy, that is big intrusive government. And, I'll add that he is clueless on Foreign Policy.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Like Pawlenty I wish that Johnson would have stayed in the R race longer, but he did not seem to be able to gain traction. While he appears OK on the surface, NM is not the bastion of heartland values & his stand on marijuana is not to my liking. I believe we are letting LE off the hook by not demanding they do a better job of policing. I would like to see GJ vetted more as he was on my somewhat short list of acceptables, as was RMoney, who has more than a fair share of positives.

I vote for the guy that has a chance of winning, which Johnson does not. Protest votes can be best wasted in a primary race, but the vote that counts is the one where the country is affected. As for your comment on Bush's 2nd term, you do remember who his opponent was? I thought Kerry's ad with the Sears hunting jacket & the tags still on it to be about as funny as anything I've seen . You could sense his discomfort in that scene!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin, how many people are killed by drunk drivers every year and how many are killed by people high on grass? I read an article a while back that suggested pot is illegal because the chemical company that invented poly rope didn't want competition from hemp rope so the right legislators got campaign donations and hemp became illegal under the guise of it being hazardous to our health. Don't know if it's true but it wouldn't suprise me.