The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: NASA Lands Rover On Mars!

Default NASA Lands Rover On Mars!

Three cheers for the Private Sector in keeping our space program on the cutting edge of space exploration!

"Tonight’s success, delivered by NASA, parallels our major steps forward towards a vision for a new partnership with American companies to send American astronauts into space on American spacecraft. That partnership will save taxpayer dollars while allowing NASA to do what it has always done best – push the very boundaries of human knowledge. And tonight’s success reminds us that our preeminence – not just in space, but here on Earth – depends on continuing to invest wisely in the innovation, technology, and basic research that has always made our economy the envy of the world."
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

wait wait wait.... i thought NASA was shut down? so did NASA put em on mars, or private money? both? and just how exactly is landing on mars going to bolster our economy? are there aliens on mars with billions to spend on Earthly American goods?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Both.

The exploration of space has always been a good thing. It creates some high paying jobs and helps keep us on the leading edge of all technology. We have all benefitted from what NASA has discovered. Just look at what we have learned about the origins of the universe and man himself! Science always trumps myth.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Franco , Have you ever been to NASA's Stennis? (Mississippi) I get to go there to watch a rocket engine test scheduled in the fall. I've never been down there before. We might squeeze in a New Orleans visit while we are there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Bob View Post
    Franco , Have you ever been to NASA's Stennis? (Mississippi) I get to go there to watch a rocket engine test scheduled in the fall. I've never been down there before. We might squeeze in a New Orleans visit while we are there too.
    Funny thing about the NASA's Stennis location, my family use to own much of that land before it was built. I remember as a kid going there on some weekends, staying in our little camp house and shooting snakes with my B B gun. Back then, it use to take us half a day to get there and today is only an hour trip. Never been there since.

When visiting New Orleans, make sure you visit the National WW2 Museum! Well worth the visit and don't miss their 3D movie theater as it puts you right in the middle of Omaha Beach on D Day!

That's pretty cool that you've seen it before they put the facility there. I'm really looking forward to seeing the area and the test. If all goes to plan we will be watching a test of NASA's new J2X engine. All of it will be new to us.