The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Close the beaches, part the seas, it's KIng Obama

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    That is the problem with cutting spending....it cuts jobs too. Obviously we don't need as much defense as we did. I know the job loss associated with getting out of these wars has driven decisions of exiting them too, and I don't think that is good business either.
    You dont think we need defense as much as we did. My god 9/11 iran look at how many people in the world hates us . Look at the border. Why dont you go protect yourslf with a squirt gun , ill take my 12 ga.

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    You dont think we need defense as much as we did. My god 9/11 iran look at how many people in the world hates us . Look at the border. Why dont you go protect yourslf with a squirt gun , ill take my 12 ga.

We spend more on defense than the rest of the world combined. How much is enough?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We spend more on defense than the rest of the world combined. How much is enough?
    unfortunately we also waste a lot more on defense than the rest of the world combined,along with all the corrupt dealings that go with it, very sad situation all the way around...the money spent by lobbyists on defense spending is enough to make many of our problems disappear
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Cyndi good grommers are hard to find. I've hired 3 grommers since I went in business and all three have been exceptional but had 25+ years of experience. Two of them had to quit for health reasons too.

My point to you is don't give your services away. Providing proper dog care and gromming takes a lot and if money is an issue let them go get less somewhere else. If quality matters, they will be back. Hats off to you for helping your elderly, but don't let them play the poor me card. You earn your money.

[QUOTE=sambo;996800]grommers are hard to find. I've hired 3 grommers
    Providing proper dog care and gromming (/quote)

What is a ????????? - in your enlightened world I would think you'd be hiring grumers

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I think it is spelled Groomer so both of us were wrong...usually it is just you

Thanks its a very hard job I've been doing it for 30 years. I would rather spend all day with dogs than people.

Obama goes lower! He has a website asking for help from the public to dig up any dirt on Romneys VP choices. He's alot like the kids that bullied the bus driver, he must have been picked on as a kid

Obamas words in 2008 if you dont have a record to run on you paint your opponent as someone to run from. Saying that Mccain spent millions of dollars on negative ads to run a slash/burn campiagn that only divides America sound familiar?
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Thanks its a very hard job I've been doing it for 30 years. I would rather spend all day with dogs than people....................................
    .................................................. ..........
    Well said. I have to agree though that you should charge whatever the going rate is in your area. Most of we older people will dig up the money to pay a good groomer etc. Or I would if I had a dog to get groomed.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~