The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seems really dumb ...

Default Seems really dumb ...

Somebody at the WH publishes a photo of Obama on the phone, casually holding a baseball bat in his other hand. Then they publish the photo and explain that this is a photo of the POTUS speaking to the leader of Turkey.

Then the Turkish politicos all start carrying on about the significance of that baseball bat as related to the attitude of POTUS to his Turkish counterparts, and connoting disrespect to the Turkish govt.

Why would any jerk publish such a photo? I know they are always taking photos of a sitting President for historical value ... but not all of those photos are actually published at the time they are taken.

I'm not "blaming" Obama for this ... but there is surely some staff hanging around the WH that really need to put their thinking caps on.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I'm sorry I think he is an awful President but in this case it's a bunch of guys getting there panties in a bunch OVER NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Somebody at the WH publishes a photo of Obama on the phone, casually holding a baseball bat in his other hand. Then they publish the photo and explain that this is a photo of the POTUS speaking to the leader of Turkey.

Then the Turkish politicos all start carrying on about the significance of that baseball bat as related to the attitude of POTUS to his Turkish counterparts, and connoting disrespect to the Turkish govt.

Why would any jerk publish such a photo? I know they are always taking photos of a sitting President for historical value ... but not all of those photos are actually published at the time they are taken.

I'm not "blaming" Obama for this ... but there is surely some staff hanging around the WH that really need to put their thinking caps on.
    I guess his PR people think there is no bad press for entertainers and that applies to Obama also. Maybe his PR people are trying to present him as a sports figure since we do seem to worship them in this country. I mean we did see him singing recently and it seemed to go over well with some people.

Then the well read people who see this think maybe he is trying to send the message of "speak softly and carry a big stick". I guess they aren't adding all the army etc. cuts up yet and realize he ain't saying that for sure. Who knows..........it would seem that all on his team are not great team player I mean they aren't all headed for the correct basket when their team gets the ball.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I feel goofy POTUS photos are nothing new.
    often dogs are involved.
    sometimes yard working tools.
    sometimes when abroad.
    sometimes a flight deck and coveralls what the heck was my pres thinking that day?
    anyway, While not a fan of him. this aint nothing.
    I would have been messing with a fake big red button on the desk!
    Let um think about THAT!!! Image is everything
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I thought he was trying to be like the principal from that 80's movie, except that guy got the job done by the end of the movie.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Have not seen the photo but my guess is that it was photoshopped, since it was more than likely a golf club in his hand...anyone who saw him throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game knows that he possesses absolutely zero baseball skills
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Have not seen the photo but my guess is that it was photoshopped, since it was more than likely a golf club in his hand...anyone who saw him throw out a ceremonial first pitch at a baseball game knows that he possesses absolutely zero baseball skills
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I'm sorry I think he is an awful President but in this case it's a bunch of guys getting there panties in a bunch OVER NOTHING.
    I agree! But they pay people some reasonable bucks on WH staff (not just this administration) to think this kind of stuff through to avoid unnecessary flaps.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Looks to me that he doesn't even know how to hold a bat correctly.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Looks to me that he doesn't even know how to hold a bat correctly.
    Well he flunked out of basketball and baseball. He was trying to get into a minor league in Hawaii. Instead he went to the East Coast and now he is rich ya all for a law degree. His mommy hailed from Kansas.