The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Hey Franco!

  1. #31
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    So then what makes you think he would accomplish anything as president if he is so rejected by the current establishment? Also in case you missed it your list of things RP is for is also things supported by the current Republicans and the house has tried to pass many things to balance the budget and practice fiscal restraint. Can you fault the current crop of republicans because the Senate is stonewalling them?
    The Repubs were handed a zero deficit in 2000 and thanks to Bush and his supporters in Congress, they ran the deficit to 8 TRILLION. Would you like to guess how many times the Repubs voted to raise the debt ceiling? I'll also add that many of the bills that passed through the House didn't make it through the Senate because of all the Social items the Repubs attached to the bills. Which only demonstrates how disinterested the Repubs have been in getting spending under control and how much more interested they are in telling everyone how they should be living their lives. Also, would you like to guess which House member wrote and championed previous Balanced Budget Amendments?

    As far as changing the establishment, that begins with the electorate. They want more of the same as they have shown little interest in electing real reformers!

    When your hear political repubs talking about balancing the budget, smaller Federal government, cutting spending, ending foreign welfare, ending Medicaid, free markets, auditing the Fed, just remember who has been saying the same thing for decades. Obama and the GOP candidates have all been parroting RP! Romney will get the nomination because he has money, has raised a lot of money especially through special interest super PACs and looks Presidential. Romney won the beauty contest!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-10-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Bush is no longer around and you will notice I never said anything about the past republicans. The current batch have passed many things to reduce the deficit / debt and instead of doing something about it is sitting in the Senate. Your guy lost because people saw him for what he was. A big mouth with no action. People wanted someone who could get things done, not sit around for the whole term talking about what others should be getting done...

  3. #33
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Bush is no longer around and you will notice I never said anything about the past republicans. The current batch have passed many things to reduce the deficit / debt and instead of doing something about it is sitting in the Senate. Your guy lost because people saw him for what he was. A big mouth with no action. People wanted someone who could get things done, not sit around for the whole term talking about what others should be getting done...
    Jibberish as you can't substantiate your comments because they have zero substance. All the bills going to the Senate with any spending cuts are laiden with Social issues. The only thing the Teas have gone after since 2010 is Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting, less than one-tenth of one percent of the entire fiscal budget! . Hence, demonstrating that they are more interested in telling people how to live than going after any real cuts in spending. That is why the Tea Party has zero credibility and will only do OK in the deep south and parts of the mid-west.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Jibberish as you can't substantiate your comments because they have zero substance. All the bills going to the Senate with any spending cuts are laiden with Social issues. The only thing the Teas have gone after since 2010 is Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting, less than one-tenth of one percent of the entire fiscal budget! . Hence, demonstrating that they are more interested in telling people how to live than going after any real cuts in spending. That is why the Tea Party has zero credibility and will only do OK in the deep south and parts of the mid-west.
    Zero substance? Please tell me where I have stated something that was incorrect or "did not have substance". You are more concerned with not voting on social issues than getting rid of the deficit is the same as stating the GOP is more concerned with the social issues than getting rid of the deficit. If the Senate wanted to get rid of those issues they simply amend the bill and send it back to the house to be voted on or provide their own bill that will take care of the financial situation. Instead of supporting those that are actually attempting to do something about the deficit you cry that they are making it worse which is a huge leap (read lie). Instead of supporting those that are passing bills and attempting to get things done with the financial situation you support a man who has NEVER done anything productive in congress except moan about how no one will listen to him.

    You and others like you will lead to another Obama victory because you feel only YOUR brand of conservatism is the correct one and damn everyone else (including the country) if your man doesn't win. I am all for you voting your gut and not voting against your morals but what exactly has Romney done that makes you believe it would be against your morals to vote for him? Ran a great company that created thousands of jobs and made tons of money in the process? Ran a balanced budget in Mass.? Cut a ton of spending in Mass. where he inherited a huge deficit from the previous administration? Sounds like all of these things you would be for and more importantly sounds like the exact situtation he would be getting into now?

  5. #35
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Zero substance? Please tell me where I have stated something that was incorrect or "did not have substance".
    I covered that in my last several post.

    You are more concerned with not voting on social issues than getting rid of the deficit is the same as stating the GOP is more concerned with the social issues than getting rid of the deficit.
    Correct, The Repubs are more interested in the Social issues than balancing the budget. The bills going to the Senate are a mess that is wasn't a matter of just taking the social portions out of the bills. If they were serious about cutting spending, it would reflect in the bills. Going after Planned Parenthood and Public Broadcasting makes them look silly and no one takes silly, seriously.
    If the Senate wanted to get rid of those issues they simply amend the bill and send it back to the house to be voted on or provide their own bill that will take care of the financial situation. Instead of supporting those that are actually attempting to do something about the deficit
    Then, why aren't they going after the major spending instead?
    you cry that they are making it worse which is a huge leap (read lie). Instead of supporting those that are passing bills and attempting to get things done with the financial situation you support a man who has NEVER done anything productive in congress except moan about how no one will listen to him. Please tell us what they are going after?

    You and others like you will lead to another Obama victory because you feel only YOUR brand of conservatism is the correct one and damn everyone else (including the country) if your man doesn't win. Obama or Romney, tax payers and citizens lose.I am all for you voting your gut and not voting against your morals but what exactly has Romney done that makes you believe it would be against your morals to vote for him? How about the fact that he supports Crony Capitalism, doesn't really believe what he is campaigning on and part of the problem. Ran a great company that created thousands of jobs venture capitalist cut more jobs than they created, in general. However, they do save some companies from going bankrupt. They also spend billions on Lobbyist to help create favorable tax legislation for their companies. and made tons of money in the process? Ran a balanced budget in Mass.? Cut a ton of spending in Mass. where he inherited a huge deficit from the previous administration? Sounds like all of these things you would be for and more importantly sounds like the exact situtation he would be getting into now?
    Again, tell us exactly what spending they are going after?
    My comments are in red.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Again, tell us exactly what spending they are going after?
    My comments are in red.
    Ryan's budget laid out over 5 trillion in cuts, thats a pretty big start is you ask me. takes a deficit of over 8% to just over 1%. Not exactly the perfect solution but definitely a great start.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Bush is no longer around and you will notice I never said anything about the past republicans. The current batch have passed many things to reduce the deficit / debt and instead of doing something about it is sitting in the Senate. Your guy lost because people saw him for what he was. A big mouth with no action. People wanted someone who could get things done, not sit around for the whole term talking about what others should be getting done...
    I like Paul Ryan, at least he is trying to get some future cuts done. But, you need to make up your mind. Ryan has been in Congress since the Clinton Administration!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    How does the statement you highlighted mean that every Republican that was in office in that era was / is bad? There is nothing contradictory about it. The majority of Republicans in office during Bush messed up America either through ignorance or being greedy. That does not mean all and it certainly doesn't mean that I think that they can not have seen the error in their ways. I have no idea how Ryan was during that era (I was 9 when Clinton first took office), although even if he voted on somethings I would now disagree with, he is now looking to get the deficit reduced and with the Do-nothing democrats he isn't able to.

    I agree with most things you say to be honest Franco, I just think you have placed your faith in someone who has consistently shown he can't get anything done. Romney is currently our best chance to get anything done to change America; Note that I didn't say best choice, only the best chance. To think that we shouldn't vote or we should write in a third party is as good as voting for Obama as the race now sits. I won't say throw away vote because at least you are voting in an educated matter but with the system we currently have you are doing nothing to get rid of Obama and simply helping him win.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    How does the statement you highlighted mean that every Republican that was in office in that era was / is bad? There is nothing contradictory about it. I pointed out that it was mostly the Repubs that ran up a huge deficit and you dismissed that sain YOU said post Bush Republicans. Then you dismissed that y saying post BUsh Repubs. Then, you brought up Paul Ryan. How many times did Paul Ryan vote to raise the Dept Ceiling when Bush was in the White House? The majority of Republicans in office during Bush messed up America either through ignorance or being greedy. That does not mean all and it certainly doesn't mean that I think that they can not have seen the error in their ways. I have no idea how Ryan was during that era (I was 9 when Clinton first took office), it helps to know a little history in keeping a clear perspective although even if he voted on somethings I would now disagree with, he is now looking to get the deficit reduced and with the Do-nothing democrats he isn't able to.

    I agree with most things you say to be honest Franco, I just think you have placed your faith in someone who has consistently shown he can't get anything done. Romney is currently our best chance to get anything done to change America; Note that I didn't say best choice, only the best chance. To think that we shouldn't vote or we should write in a third party is as good as voting for Obama as the race now sits. I won't say throw away vote because at least you are voting in an educated matter but with the system we currently have you are doing nothing to get rid of Obama and simply helping him win.
    My comments are in red.

    If by Ron Paul warning of the Liberties ceded to an ever growing Federal Government is moaning, than we will just have to disagree! That's because when the Fed Gov is running on a 16 TRILLION deficit, you make think you are free when in fact, you are working for the government! And, my man has carried that torch the longest!!!

    P S

    Gary Johnson, The Libertarian candidate has a potential to attract many more Obama votes than Romney votes, if that is your real concern. Don't let paranoia control your thoughts!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    But he has DONE nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •