The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Papa johns pizza cost more

I guess because he's the one that wants their vote so bad he signed the Executive order to allow them to stay. Who knows what wild hair he will get today and what he will sign away. If your an illegal follow the proper methods and you can become a citizen . If you are an illegal convicted felon, commit a crime we need the right to arrest you and let the Judge do his job. If I had ten traffic violations I would be arrested why does an illegal have rights we dont? What makes tis President think this way? Now they are all signing up for GED's so they can scream Dreamer to the border agents and they can't be arrested If someone has this mind set I guess you would be for Obama Because if you support him you support this. Im very predictable I don't like flip flippers someone when they are running say one thing than when they need votes say something else . ( my opinion )
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-08-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I think several of you are missing the point. The point is that in the past, most folks working in the fast food industry were not making a career of it and in fact many were young people covered by their parents' insurance. It is also a fact that people in their teen and twenties tend to be healthier and less likely to need healthcare than older folks. These small businesses couldn't (and still can't) afford to provide their young, mostly part time and somewhat transient workforce with health insurance. Now, they are going to be forced to provide it by the Govt., thus increasing the cost of doing business, and it would be my guess that we will see many small businesses go out of business.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

^^^^^agree, very well said^^^^^^
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Reminds me of the big brouhaha about a year ago when Subway came out with their $5 footlong sandwich campaign. That's $5 except in San Francisco. Reason being that San Francisco has their own minimum wage standard requiring all employers to pay employees a minimum of $10.24/hr. compared to the state's minimum wage of $8/hr. Subway tried to explain that they could not afford to offer sandwiches at $5. and still pay over $10/hr to the people who made them. Amazingly the residents of the city just couldn't understand this. Seemed like it was on the nightly news for over a week.

T. Mac

Quote Originally Posted by T. Mac View Post
    Reminds me of the big brouhaha about a year ago when Subway came out with their $5 footlong sandwich campaign. That's $5 except in San Francisco. Reason being that San Francisco has their own minimum wage standard requiring all employers to pay employees a minimum of $10.24/hr. compared to the state's minimum wage of $8/hr. Subway tried to explain that they could not afford to offer sandwiches at $5. and still pay over $10/hr to the people who made them. Amazingly the residents of the city just couldn't understand this. Seemed like it was on the nightly news for over a week.

T. Mac
    So all the Subway shops in San Francisco went out of business?-Paul

p.s. I wouldn't want to try to live on $10.24 an hour in San Francisco (or anywhere else in the U.S.)
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    I wouldn't want to try to live on $10.24 an hour in San Francisco (or anywhere else in the U.S.)
    Is it the employers responsibility to make sure people who are not worth the wage still receive a living wage? Or is it the employee's responsibility to provide enough value to the product that they are worth the wage they are receiving?

What's a 24 year old with a Masters in history worth if the job requires he know how to do such rudimentary tasks as mow a lawn on a riding lawn mower? If he is unable to perform a task that elementary?

Remember Paul, his pedigree is worthless if he can't perform the task . The things presented are real life, there are some awfully untalented people out there.

Full time teachers make it on 25K per year in SD - & get results ! It's considered a good job there & the positions are filled with quality people.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    So all the Subway shops in San Francisco went out of business?-Paul

p.s. I wouldn't want to try to live on $10.24 an hour in San Francisco (or anywhere else in the U.S.)

Subway did what any business must do, they raised their prices to cover their costs + and sold their $5 sandwiches for $7.50. Just the building rent in SF probably precluded their selling sandwiches for $5. but to add on the required increase in wages; and remember that unemployment and workman's comp insurance are based on total payroll and also went up due the the minimum wage increase, was just the focal point for their exclusion of SF stores from their promotional rates.

Also on a similar but separate side not, there was an interesting article in Bloomberg's Business a couple issues ago on how food prices are getting ready to skyrocket. They said something along the line that corn would be the starting point with drought related shortages in the US further accentuated by bio-fuel demand and increase demand for livestock feed as more third world country populations join the middle class income levels and now demanding more chicken/beef/lamb... in their diet. According to the article corn prices are now at an all time high and projected to go much higher. With such a demand, farmers will tend to plant more corn at the expense of other crops now creating shortages in those corps, building what could become a new price bubble in food.

T. Mac

Subway did what any business must do, they raised their prices to cover their costs + and sold their $5 sandwiches for $7.50. Just the building rent in SF probably precluded their selling sandwiches for $5. but to add on the required increase in wages; and remember that unemployment and workman's comp insurance are based on total payroll and also went up due the the minimum wage increase, was just the focal point for their exclusion of SF stores from their promotional rates.

Also on a similar but separate side not, there was an interesting article in Bloomberg's Business a couple issues ago on how food prices are getting ready to skyrocket. They said something along the line that corn would be the starting point with drought related shortages in the US further accentuated by bio-fuel demand and increase demand for livestock feed as more third world country populations join the middle class income levels and now demanding more chicken/beef/lamb... in their diet. According to the article corn prices are now at an all time high and projected to go much higher. With such a demand, farmers will tend to plant more corn at the expense of other crops now creating shortages in those corps, building what could become a new price bubble in food.

T. Mac

its already started...we have increased prices on our menu 3 times in the last year...all part of yield management from our parent company....the price of a prime steak is now $59, up almost $10 from last year....the consumer keeps paying , but sooner or later they will meet the breaking point...or maybe we have already gone past that point
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I heard on the news today that they figured that they would need to charge an extra 12-15 a pizza to pay for the healthcare costs.

That'll be pretty painful...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

T. Mac
    I disagree, most crop prices have risen to records levels directly proportionally with corn because of the record drought, here we basically rotate corn with beans it would make no since to plant more corn when soy beans are at record levels. There is going to be a crop shortage without a doubt and food prices will be going up very fast, very soon. The one thing we will be seeing is just about all CRP being put back into production when its eligible to do so, that's been happening the last few years and will continue to.