Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Franco!

Default Hey Franco!

Santorum, Bush, Paul to speak at GOP convention
    Posted by
    CNN Political Director Mark Preston
    (CNN) - Rick Santorum, who emerged as Mitt Romney's fiercest competitor for the Republican presidential nomination, will speak at the Republican National Convention, a senior GOP official tells CNN.

The former Pennsylvania senator is one of four Republicans including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul and Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin, who will be announced Tuesday as primetime convention speakers. They join seven others who Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus announced Monday would address the convention.

Santorum will be Romney's first rival for the GOP nomination to be named as a speaker at the convention, which will be held in Tampa later this month.

Santorum, whose shoe string nomination run was fueled by conservative support, never developed a close personal or political relationship with Romney following the primary. Giving Santorum a primetime speaking role may help quell speculation about animosity that exists between the two men.

Paul is the son of retiring Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who also unsuccessfully sought the GOP nomination. The Kentucky senator is well regarded by tea party activists and will likely inherit his father's political machine that is comprised of an eclectic group of anti-government, young, libertarian minded activists. Sen. Paul is said to be looking at running for president in 2016 if Romney loses in November. It is unclear if Rep. Paul will also speak at the convention.

Bush, a popular former Florida governor, is the son of former President George H.W. Bush and brother of former President G.W. Bush. He passed on a chance to run for president, himself, and drew buzz as a possible vice presidential running mate for Romney earlier this year.

Fallin is a former congresswoman, who was elected governor in 2010.

Exact days and times for each speaker will not be released by the RNC at this time.

The message will get heard!
    Stan b & Elvis

The fans of Ron Paul are angry that the original himself was not invited to speak. There is lots of chatter on the Libertarian website and Libertarian Facebook page that RP supporters will not support Mittens and will support Gary Johnson instead.

Though RP and his son hold very similar ideas, RP does NOT want to be identified as a Tea Party candidate. The reasons are many and I expect a huge crowd at RP's speach in a different facility during the convention.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

even though Santorum will be speaking, I find it sad that many of the other candidates who swore that they would support the R nominee and that the united goal was to defeat BHO are very silent

where is Newt ? where is Gov Perry ? Michelle Bachmann ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    even though Santorum will be speaking, I find it sad that many of the other candidates who swore that they would support the R nominee and that the united goal was to defeat BHO are very silent

where is Newt ? where is Gov Perry ? Michelle Bachmann ?
    Pouting and licking their wounds. Perry got another dose of salt when his boy lost last week in the run off. Newt took his ball and money and went home to "write" another book. Michelle? Who cares?

It's the Libertarians who vote for Obama by staying home or voting for some no chance write in that worry me.
    Last edited by M&K's Retrievers; 08-07-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Pouting and licking their wounds. Perry got another dose of salt when his boy lost last week in the run off. Newt took his ball and money and went home to "write" another book. Michelle? Who cares?

It's the Libertarians who vote for Obama by staying home or voting for some no chance write in that worry me.
    That is as crazy a statement as I've read here on POTUS! Just because traditional Conservatives, today's Libertarians, don't care for Mittens doesn't mean that voting their conscience is a vote for Obama!

Just in case you have missed it, our financial and Foreign Policy mess was created by both the Dems and Repubs. Rmoney may look Presidentail but he hardly has the experience to lead this country. Hell, he is a part of the problem.

Some people want real reform and change and others like you, with this dumb statement, just want more of the same!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-07-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Anyone that votes for GJ just voted for BUMFACE
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That is as crazy a statement as I've read here on POTUS! Just because traditional Conservatives, today's Libertarians, don't care for Mittens doesn't mean that voting their conscience is a vote for Obama!

Just in case you have missed it, our financial and Foreign Policy mess was created by both the Dems and Repubs. Rmoney may look Presidentail but he hardly has the experience to lead this country. Hell, he is a part of the problem.

Some people want real reform and change and others like you, with this dumb statement, just want more of the same!
    And that is the craziest and dumbest thing you have ever posted on POTUS and there have been a bunch. I respect everyone's right to vote as they please as I respect their right to be an idiot thinking that a vote for any other than Mitt isn't wasted. Your guy can't win, isn't even running so voting for him is a vote for obama and you know it. I believe Ross Perot gave us 8 years of Clinton.

As far as me wanting more of the same, you would have to be an idiot to think I want more of obama's policies. Your thinking will get us more of obama. Even though Mitt is not my guy, I'll damn sure help him win as his policies are preferred over obama's. Your guy's policies were obviously not popular enough to win the nomination so apparently your ideology isn't well accepted.

Wise up, Franco. Help us help this country out of this current mess rather than pout because you didn't get everything your way.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    And that is the craziest and dumbest thing you have ever posted on POTUS and there have been a bunch. I respect everyone's right to vote as they please as I respect their right to be an idiot thinking that a vote for any other than Mitt isn't wasted. Your guy can't win, isn't even running so voting for him is a vote for obama and you know it. I believe Ross Perot gave us 8 years of Clinton.

As far as me wanting more of the same, you would have to be an idiot to think I want more of obama's policies. Your thinking will get us more of obama. Even though Mitt is not my guy, I'll damn sure help him win as his policies are preferred over obama's. Your guy's policies were obviously not popular enough to win the nomination so apparently your ideology isn't well accepted.

Wise up, Franco. Help us help this country out of this current mess rather than pout because you didn't get everything your way.
    You just don't get it! Both the Dems and Repubs have failed the U S Tax Payer. Both are broken and corrupt in their own ideology. I want better and you want more of the same and I am not supporting that! Any vote for Obama or Romney is wasted.

Why don't you tell us what it is about Romney that makes you think he can turn the economy around, eliminated the deficit and implement a sane Foreign Policy? We know you hate Obama so, tell us about Mitt!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    You just don't get it! Both the Dems and Repubs have failed the U S Tax Payer. Both are broken and corrupt in their own ideology. I want better and you want more of the same and I am not supporting that! Any vote for Obama or Romney is wasted.

Why don't you tell us what it is about Romney that makes you think he can turn the economy around, eliminated the deficit and implement a sane Foreign Policy? We know you hate Obama so, tell us about Mitt!
    I get it, Franco. You don't. Your guy can't get elected. A vote for him takes a vote away from the only guy that has a chance of defeating obama. I already said that Mitt is not my champion but he is the only one that can beat the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Your guy and your wasted vote for him can't do squat to help this country. Your wasted vote will only allow you to strut around and moan about how much better life would be if only folks had listened to you.

Do you really think Ron Paul is dumb enough to vote for Ron Paul? I don't think so.......
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth