The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney / Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Hardly, Larry might appeal to the Repub base, but I doubt that he would be of much help with the communities we need. I heard a couple of days ago that 1/3 of the population is now either on straight out welfare or on some other kind of gov. assistance (not including social security or medicare as those are earned). I think the republicans can pretty much write those folks off outright. We need to attract some of the folks from the "minority" communities. I think the we can still mostly forget about attracting many blacks (too much racial pride involved and I can't really blame them) but you can't tell me that there was no one out there with a last name like Garza, Ramirez, Silva, Alaniz, or something similar that could have been chosen. Find someone who can present their speeches in fluent Spanish. Don't really care if they are currently well known, and a relative unknown might actually have been a plus. Someone who grew up hard scrabble and can convincingly portray him or herself as regular folks (I know, who really wants Joe average for president?). There are certainly smart, conservative, successful, hispanic businessmen and even legislators out there. I know that it seems shallow and manipulative to use that kind of strategy, but before we can put our ideas into action, we have to be in office. Perhaps Ryan will show something that will help bring the centrists into the fold, but he just looks like more of the same to me.

Foregoing the ethnic strategy, I have always liked Bobby Jindal, and although I don't think she was interested, I like Rice. Jindal seems to be fiscally responsible, not white, well spoken (once you get around that accent)and very bright. Rice is demonstrably brilliant, talented, a woman, and black.

I see your points...but...

It's time to stop apologizing for being a predominately white, christian, conservative leaning nation. All that wishy washy hand wringing is what got us Obama. (re: McCain)
    Bill Davis

I like that Romney did

1. not play the race card

2. not play the gender card

3. not play the Ohio or Florida card

4. not play the media favorite card

instead he picked someone who will be good for the country, which after all is THE MOST IMPORTANT
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I like that Romney did

1. not play the race card

2. not play the gender card

3. not play the Ohio or Florida card

4. not play the media favorite card

instead he picked someone who will be good for the country, which after all is THE MOST IMPORTANT
    I would like to agree, but what is MOST IMPORTANT at the moment is to take back the Whitehouse and let's face it, he already had your and my votes, he needs to gather up a bunch of folks who either voted Democrat last time or didn't vote at all. Again, how does Ryan help with that?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I hope Ryan can get his message out that if we stay under Obama in 15 years Medicare will not be here they are going and will be broke. Paul Ryan has a plan Obama doesn't have a clue.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-11-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

You either stand for something or you don't!!!

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/08/1275...-in-6-minutes/
    Stan b & Elvis

I would like to agree, but what is MOST IMPORTANT at the moment is to take back the Whitehouse and let's face it, he already had your and my votes, he needs to gather up a bunch of folks who either voted Democrat last time or didn't vote at all. Again, how does Ryan help with that?
    he doesn't
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

Politics as usual...we have a choice between a big government, over spending Democrat or we can go the opposite direction and pick a big government, over spending Republican ticket. Those claiming Paul Ryan is a conservative or dislikes wasteful spending, or deficit, etc have never looked at his voting record! It's simple in politics...if Republicans are whining about the over spending, fast government growth, etc it's a clear sign they're not the "party in power" and vice-versus for the Democrats. Both parties are one in the same the only question to ask yourself is; when the country goes of the cliff-want it to be on the left or right side?

God has blessed America with a great soul in Paul Ryan.

This is an easy vote for us seniors if your over 55 you don' t even have to think about it we are fine. Obamas plan bankrupt SS and medicare in 15 years the money is gone, or Ryans plan to keep it and make sure its available for us, our kids and grandkids. 4 more years of the same or hope and change seems like we just heard this.....
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-11-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I never saw anything like this in my catechism.

You should check again. You disagree with my opinion that the teachings of Rand are unchristian, so I'm not surprised by this.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)