The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Romney / Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    We (the R party) tried that in '08 with McCain...it didnt work then and sure as heck wont work now...the primary season was all about which candidate was more conservative, but Romney emerged mainly because he was more electable in a general election, which was already a move towards the middle....I want a clear difference between the Romney and BHO...those that are in the "middle" or are "undecided" can be swayed or turned at a moments notice

This election is more about which party can get their base out to vote, apathetic voters almost do as much harm as the ones that just vote based on a catchy slogan or because they are cool and hip....

If your litmus test is whether or not the candidate is pro life or pro choice, then none of the R candidates fit that criteria
    I'm with Franco on this one. 2008 was the first time since I have been voting that I didn't vote Republican for Pres (went Libertarian) and Palin was the reason. I wanted to cry when she was chosen as the VP. I would have been McCain all the way if he hadn't just folded to the nearly hysterical demands of the uber right.

AS to the pro-choice question, I said it wasn't deal breaker as the most important issue to me this time is putting pretty much anybody else but Obama into the whitehouse, Hell, I might even have voted for Palin herself for pres had she been the only alternative this time.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Guess what ...Palin isnt on the ballot this time...she isnt even getting a spot talking at the convention....she may be a media darling and some on here may swoon at the very mention of her....but the R party realized that she is a lightning rod, she cast her support behind Newt, and that didnt work....but notice how she is silent when it come to backing the nominee when it comes to beating BHO...maybe she isnt a R party woman that she claimed to be, but more about promoting herself..

and FTR I WAS a SP fan, until I closed my eyes ,got past her looks and realized she had no substance...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

She is not a good looking woman!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Sambo, you better make an appointment with the eye doctor.....if nothing else Sarah Palin IS a good looking woman, with or without the Tina Fey impersonation...

of course maybe your tastes are more along the lines of Hillary, Janet Reno, Nancy Pelosi, or DW Schultz....

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

No...McCain was the pick to the middle...if you and HPL think that this election will be won or lost on Pro life vs Pro choice , you both know better than that...you were both Ron Paul supporters (HPL I apologize if I miscategorized you)...but RP wasnt pro choice...so WHY are you now so concerned about the issue...this election is about the economy....as Mitch Daniels pointed out you go with the most electable conservative that can win the general election and you fight the social issue in the courts....

I also think you are very WRONG about women not voting Republican....pro choice women are going to vote D...pro life women will vote R.....Nothing a candidate can say or do is going to change their minds in either direction if THAT ISSUE is their tipping point....trying to get them to change their mind on the subject is a lesson in futility....accept it for what it is...I do

As a male I find it almost hilarious and somewhat sad that males try and tell a woman how she feels....as much as I am pro life, I am not going to tell a woman that she can or cant do what she feels she must or must not do, because its a no win situation...
    Like others, we have more important things to be concerned with than the Abortion issue. I agree that the Economy is the most important issue. However, with many women who don't spend as much time evaluating the issues and more time voting thier emotions, there is no denying that the GOP is on the wrong side of the abortion issue for the vast majority of them.

After 8 years of Bush and Palin as the VP candidate last election, the GOP has a lot to overcome if they are to take the White House. It is THE major reason we now have Obama!

P S

Kate Upton is an attractive woman. S Palin is ordinary looking in my book
    Last edited by Franco; 08-13-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Guess what ...Palin isnt on the ballot this time...she isnt even getting a spot talking at the convention....she may be a media darling and some on here may swoon at the very mention of her....but the R party realized that she is a lightning rod, she cast her support behind Newt, and that didnt work....but notice how she is silent when it come to backing the nominee when it comes to beating BHO...maybe she isnt a R party woman that she claimed to be, but more about promoting herself..

and FTR I WAS a SP fan, until I closed my eyes ,got past her looks and realized she had no substance...
    Perhaps she realizes that she can help most by having a low profile this time around.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

If you support Obama Kiss medicare goodbye. Romney will reform it , we will still have it but under Obama it is going away. This has being reported for a long time that they are going broke now its time to do something about it.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Perhaps she realizes that she can help most by having a low profile this time around.
    We can only hope...she has alienated as many female voters as those that favored her...but there is talk that she like Ron Paul will have alternative speaking engagements away from the convention....

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    P S

Kate Upton is an attractive woman. S Palin is ordinary looking in my book
    Best comment of the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    for your party line eye

"So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin