The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney / Ryan?

Ryan will slam Biden in the VP debate! Can't wait to watch that one!!!
    Wendy Porch
    Shadowhill Retrievers

SS & Medicare, EVERYone admits (Ds, Rs, EVERYbody) are not sustainable. Ryan proposes a plan for something that will be sustainable ... maybe not run by the govt (a bad thing?), but preserving something for seniors. How is that less good than something that will simply go bust with no plan of any kind remaining?

As to his votes earlier in his career ... it IS possible that as he became more informed he became convinced that action had to be taken. He addressed that in one of the YouTube videos ... he did what is rare among politicians, he admitted to it.

There are two videos of Ryan testifying WRT Obamacare (prior to passing) with Obama present. Clearly, it appeared, that Ryan was a whole lot more familiar with the facts/numbers than Obama is/was.

However, I do agree that it may be hard for many to understand the need for the changes that Ryan recommends. That is the point the campaign will have to reduce to simple terms for their ads. The D ads gloss completely over the fact that no present recipients of SS & Medicare will be affected. Moreover, those current recipients WILL be impacted with the $ that was removed from Medicare via the funding for Obamacare.

The key will be how to make these points with punchlines that make good ad copy.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I don't think I would put Jake Kemp on my resume. Still he is not effective. No compromise and voting the party line is not an effective leader. Show me you are a leader and get something done. Anyone can do what he does....talk and do nothing

I'm 50 and every politican have said that SS and medicare were not substainable and talk about doing something about it and none do....just talk and not a relivent point any more because it still works and deficits are high and they don't get smaller but the right is going to tell you how they are going to save it.....bullsh>>t

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I don't think I would put Jake Kemp on my resume. Still he is not effective. No compromise and voting the party line is not an effective leader. Show me you are a leader and get something done. Anyone can do what he does....talk and do nothing

Your man in office is the best I have ever seen at doing just that.....and Jack Kemp was the kind of conservative that this country needs at this time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    If I were Biden I would run and hide
    Biden probably is hiding and cussing about now. I'm sure he's bitten all his fingernails off as well! I can't wait to watch this debate!!!!
    Wendy Porch
    Shadowhill Retrievers

Ryan will tweak this plan and they will compromise at least he has a start which is more than obama, who wants to keep spending. I'm not on medicare yet, but under Obama it wont be there when I need it and it sure won't be there for my daughter. In 4 years no one has come up with anything except Paul Ryan. I believe Ryan and Romney are 100% more truthful than Obama

President Obama's national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office, rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.

Obamacare: This bill will be paid for by more than $500 billion in new taxes. The reform would impose an individual mandate on individuals, requiring every American to buy a government designed insurance package or pay a new tax equal to 2.5 percent of their income. At a time of rising unemployment, businesses would be required to provide health insurance to workers or pay a new tax equal to 8 percent of workers wages. These new taxes could drive the total cost to taxpayers much higher than the $500 billion in direct taxes in the bill.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-12-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

So sambo when's the last time the democrats passed a budget? We know the reason they haven't but really when?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhill View Post
    Biden probably is hiding and cussing about now. I'm sure he's bitten all his fingernails off as well! I can't wait to watch this debate!!!!
    Judging by his track record in debates, I'm sure he's cowarding in fear after that last a** whupping he took.

Truthfully, Biden appears to me not to even realize how dumb some of his stuff sounds.

He had a large advantage over Palin due to his years in the Senate. I don't expect him to fare nearly as well against Ryan.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.