The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 12 ga shotgun

I bought a browning gold a few years ago in 3 1/2. I thought i needed a 3 1/2 but as time went on I realized I really didn't need it, I use a SKB o/u 12 gauge and usually only use 2 3/4 inch shells now. I kept missing ducks with the 3 1/2 '' so I asked a buddy of mine about it and he told me I was over shooting and needed to use a 2 3/4 and it worked. Just something that worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mlp View Post
    I bought a browning gold a few years ago in 3 1/2. I thought i needed a 3 1/2 but as time went on I realized I really didn't need it, I use a SKB o/u 12 gauge and usually only use 2 3/4 inch shells now. I kept missing ducks with the 3 1/2 '' so I asked a buddy of mine about it and he told me I was over shooting and needed to use a 2 3/4 and it worked. Just something that worked for me.
    Good point...

I have a Browning BPS. Best gun Ive had yet. Seen its share of days in the field, and its still going strong. No complaints at all!

Love my Maxus. Very low recoil.

I've been very happy with my Beretta Xtrema2.

Benelli Super Black Eagle. Get camo. the black willrust easy.

got to say the 870 is the best ever i have 2 and my dad has 3 been shooting them for 20 some years and the never missed a beat

Quote Originally Posted by heath3381 View Post
    i have a the vinci and im wanting a gun that will shoot 3 1/2 looking for input on softest shooting best duck gun
    so are you ready to sell your if so how much ill give .....750.00

BJ Gatley got it right.
    Ford, Chevy, Dodge, BMW, Cadillac, Audi, Toyota, Kia, Honda, Ferrari, Mini Cooper, ........ you can't even begin to imagine the arguments for any automobile or firearm. What really matters is how the gun fits you. If your shotgun is pointing where you are looking when you pull the trigger you will be much more successful in hitting your target. Buy the shotgun that fits you best. It takes almost as much time and research and much less guessing as finding a great pup.
    "That's a fine dog you got there son. Looks like one of ya'll got the brains and the other one got the driver's license.".

Personal choice, but I sure like a synthetic stock for waterfowling. I am pretty tough on a gun. Been shooting a Benelli for the last 15 years, thousands of rounds, mud, water, driven hard put away wet at times, pretty BULLET PROOF (couldn't help myself). I do think some of the newer guns have less recoil. I may be in the market as well. Got some shoulder issues.
    Last edited by 7pntail; 08-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.
    John Stroh, Lodi ca

There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace…........If one has cut, split, hauled, and piled his own good oak, and let his mind work the while, he will remember much about where the heat comes from, and with a wealth of detail denied to those who spend the weekend in town astride a radiator.

Aldo Leopold