The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best 12 ga shotgun

Stoeger 3500 can't beat it for the price IMO

I own a Beretta A400 and a Beretta A391. I love both guns, but if I was looking for a gun today, I would take a hard look at the new Beretta A300 for the money. To be honest the recoil difference between most of newer semi-autos is minimal.

I have been a Remington owner for many years, have a 12 and 20 Ga matched set of Skeet B 1100's that will never leave here. My workhorse is an 1187 which has shot many birds over the years. I got to try a super vinci a few months ago, liked it a lot, very low recoil, breaks apart so easy for cleaning ( one gripe about the 1187), It is significantly lighter than the 1187, so I was over swinging on birds due to weight diff. Overall I did like the SV, but price for one is unreal.
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

I have either tried or owned most semi's, my SBE2 was my go to gun but not any longer. the new Beretta A400 xtreme has to be the lightest shooting gun I have ever used, can even stay on birds when shooting, LUV this gun and not hard to look at either. Once I got it fitted, made all the difference, got to luv new technology , if you ever get the chance try one! 4 of my buddies picked one up after shooting mine

I have both the SBEII and the Beretta A400 Extrema. Both guns feel about the same as far as recoil goes. I finally got the Beretta fitted properly and am shooting it on par with my SBEII. Even though both have 3.5" chambers the only time I shoot 3.5" is for Geese or Turkey. My 14yr old son is shooting the SBEII now and I'm shooting the A400. I really don't have a preference of one over the other. It all depends upon the game being hunted. Waterfowl is a toss up. Turkey and upland game it's my SBEII because of the 24" barrel.
    Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

No one has mentioned the Beretta A-400 with the kick off. Man that is the finest gun out there for waterfowl today!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Fields View Post
    No one has mentioned the Beretta A-400 with the kick off. Man that is the finest gun out there for waterfowl today!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree. I just picked up the new A-400 in opti-fade and its by far the best shooting duck gun I have put my hands on. It will cycle 2 3/4" just as easy as 3 1/2s. All day without a glitch.
    Captain of Bobby's Boat call name COBB

The A400 I have is with the kickoff. i can't tell difference between my A400 or SBEII
    Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Sbe2 is good

i purchased the browning maxus.... looks and feels great havent got to shoot it and pattern it yet.....do yall have any extended chokes yall use i had a kicks on the benelli vinci i had just wondering what was the best