RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Best 12 ga shotgun

18K views 51 replies 43 participants last post by  cosmo38655 
#1 ·
i have a the vinci and im wanting a gun that will shoot 3 1/2 looking for input on softest shooting best duck gun

#32 · (Edited)
I like my Beretta 391 Urika
It has a 3" Chamber,, but its a 20 guage..

Like I said,, I like it,, Its very easy to carry,, it dont kick me, Ducks dont like it though,,kicks the heck outa them :)

P.S.
Now that I think about it,,, dont think I have ever used the 3 inch chamber in it either..

Gooser again.

#35 ·
Get a Beretta A400 with kick off. One thing about shooting, if you're worried about recoil you will miss your target.
I used to shoot a 10ga BPS and never felt the recoil. I'm so jacked at birds working all that goes to the wayside.

#36 ·
Was in the same boat last week and went with the Beretta A400. Thought I got a hell of a deal for $1,450 w/ free shipping. Cant post links yet but here is the address. They already went up $50. Whatever u decide look at these two sites and you can come across some deals. Good luck!

gunsamerica.com/906430484/Guns/Shotguns/Beretta-Shotguns/Autoloaders/Hunting/Beretta_A400_Xtreme_12ga_28_Max4_3_1_2_Chamber_Kick_Of_SHIPS_FREE.htm

gunbroker.com/

#37 ·
Was in the same boat last week and went with the Beretta A400. Thought I got a hell of a deal for $1,450 w/ free shipping. Cant post links yet but here is the address. They already went up $50. Whatever u decide look at these two sites and you can come across some deals. Good luck!

gunsamerica.com/906430484/Guns/Shotguns/Beretta-Shotguns/Autoloaders/Hunting/Beretta_A400_Xtreme_12ga_28_Max4_3_1_2_Chamber_Kick_Of_SHIPS_FREE.htm

gunbroker.com/
http://www.gunsamerica.com/90643048...28_Max4_3_1_2_Chamber_Kic k_Of_SHIPS_FREE.htm

#43 ·
I have been a Remington owner for many years, have a 12 and 20 Ga matched set of Skeet B 1100's that will never leave here. My workhorse is an 1187 which has shot many birds over the years. I got to try a super vinci a few months ago, liked it a lot, very low recoil, breaks apart so easy for cleaning ( one gripe about the 1187), It is significantly lighter than the 1187, so I was over swinging on birds due to weight diff. Overall I did like the SV, but price for one is unreal.

#44 ·
I have either tried or owned most semi's, my SBE2 was my go to gun but not any longer. the new Beretta A400 xtreme has to be the lightest shooting gun I have ever used, can even stay on birds when shooting, LUV this gun and not hard to look at either. Once I got it fitted, made all the difference, got to luv new technology :) , if you ever get the chance try one! 4 of my buddies picked one up after shooting mine

#45 ·
I have both the SBEII and the Beretta A400 Extrema. Both guns feel about the same as far as recoil goes. I finally got the Beretta fitted properly and am shooting it on par with my SBEII. Even though both have 3.5" chambers the only time I shoot 3.5" is for Geese or Turkey. My 14yr old son is shooting the SBEII now and I'm shooting the A400. I really don't have a preference of one over the other. It all depends upon the game being hunted. Waterfowl is a toss up. Turkey and upland game it's my SBEII because of the 24" barrel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.