The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Best 12 ga shotgun

Stoeger 3500 can't beat it for the price IMO

I own a Beretta A400 and a Beretta A391. I love both guns, but if I was looking for a gun today, I would take a hard look at the new Beretta A300 for the money. To be honest the recoil difference between most of newer semi-autos is minimal.

I have been a Remington owner for many years, have a 12 and 20 Ga matched set of Skeet B 1100's that will never leave here. My workhorse is an 1187 which has shot many birds over the years. I got to try a super vinci a few months ago, liked it a lot, very low recoil, breaks apart so easy for cleaning ( one gripe about the 1187), It is significantly lighter than the 1187, so I was over swinging on birds due to weight diff. Overall I did like the SV, but price for one is unreal.
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"

I have either tried or owned most semi's, my SBE2 was my go to gun but not any longer. the new Beretta A400 xtreme has to be the lightest shooting gun I have ever used, can even stay on birds when shooting, LUV this gun and not hard to look at either. Once I got it fitted, made all the difference, got to luv new technology , if you ever get the chance try one! 4 of my buddies picked one up after shooting mine

I have both the SBEII and the Beretta A400 Extrema. Both guns feel about the same as far as recoil goes. I finally got the Beretta fitted properly and am shooting it on par with my SBEII. Even though both have 3.5" chambers the only time I shoot 3.5" is for Geese or Turkey. My 14yr old son is shooting the SBEII now and I'm shooting the A400. I really don't have a preference of one over the other. It all depends upon the game being hunted. Waterfowl is a toss up. Turkey and upland game it's my SBEII because of the 24" barrel.
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

No one has mentioned the Beretta A-400 with the kick off. Man that is the finest gun out there for waterfowl today!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Fields View Post
    No one has mentioned the Beretta A-400 with the kick off. Man that is the finest gun out there for waterfowl today!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree. I just picked up the new A-400 in opti-fade and its by far the best shooting duck gun I have put my hands on. It will cycle 2 3/4" just as easy as 3 1/2s. All day without a glitch.
    Captain of Bobby's Boat call name COBB

The A400 I have is with the kickoff. i can't tell difference between my A400 or SBEII
    "Blastem Daddy!" My Son's advice to me as a big ole Tom turkey came strutting within range. My son was 6 at the time.

Weller's Tell It To The Judge MH (Justice)
    Weller's Running With The Wind MH (Chase)
    JD's In It Again MH (Trouble) 5/1/2009 - 1/3/2012

Sbe2 is good

i purchased the browning maxus.... looks and feels great havent got to shoot it and pattern it yet.....do yall have any extended chokes yall use i had a kicks on the benelli vinci i had just wondering what was the best