The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Devo, Seamus, and Romney...the beat goes on.

Default Devo, Seamus, and Romney...the beat goes on.

WASHINGTON - The tale of how Mitt Romney's dog was once strapped to the roof of the family station wagon is being immortalized in a new song and smartphone app. Devo, the New Wave-punk rock group, has recorded a single that satirizes the story of Seamus, Romney's Irish setter, who got sick during the 12-hour drive to a family vacation in Canada.
    The single, Don't RoofRack Me, Bro (Seamus Unleashed), will be released on Aug. 26, the day before the Republican National Convention begins in Tampa. It also happens to be National Dog Day.
    The story of Seamus and the Romney road trip initially came to light during the Republican's first presidential campaign. But it has taken a life of its own this time around. President Obama even made a reference to the dog story earlier this week as he criticized Romney on energy issues.
    "As an animal lover, I felt I had to get involved," said Gerald Casale, founder of the music group best known for its 1980 hit, Whip It.
    Casale has joined forces with an organization called Dogs Against Romney. The single will come out in conjunction with a mobile game, The Crate Escape: Seamus Unleashed, which will be available for iPhone and iPad.
    By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

I would rather have a dog with the runs on top of my car than in my stomach at least the Romneys didnt eat him. Bo better watch out once Obamas out of the white house they may get hungry
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

We are not men...We are Devo

at least that what I think was their mantra...always thought they looked like they were wearing Christmas tree bases on their head
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

They look more like Ikea red trash cans than Christmas Tree bases to me.
    How is Devo even relevent today? Oh wait they are not. Just like all celebrities or wannabees, they have no real place in politics, they are rich, and claim they are in tough because they played a poor person in a movie, or starved before they were famous. I really like when they think they are part of the 99% crowd like Moore does.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    WASHINGTON - The tale of how Mitt Romney's dog was once strapped to the roof of the family station wagon is being immortalized in a new song and smartphone app. Devo, the New Wave-punk rock group, has recorded a single that satirizes the story of Seamus, Romney's Irish setter, who got sick during the 12-hour drive to a family vacation in Canada.
    The single, Don't RoofRack Me, Bro (Seamus Unleashed), will be released on Aug. 26, the day before the Republican National Convention begins in Tampa. It also happens to be National Dog Day.
    The story of Seamus and the Romney road trip initially came to light during the Republican's first presidential campaign. But it has taken a life of its own this time around. President Obama even made a reference to the dog story earlier this week as he criticized Romney on energy issues.
    "As an animal lover, I felt I had to get involved," said Gerald Casale, founder of the music group best known for its 1980 hit, Whip It.
    Casale has joined forces with an organization called Dogs Against Romney. The single will come out in conjunction with a mobile game, The Crate Escape: Seamus Unleashed, which will be available for iPhone and iPad.
    By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY
    WOW!!!!

What a game changer!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

So do you take people serious that have not more common sense than to strap their dog to the roof of the car? Just asking the crowd that cares so much about their dogs that they invest in Deerskin and Ainley dog boxs to assure their saftey.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    So do you take people serious that have not more common sense than to strap their dog to the roof of the car? Just asking the crowd that cares so much about their dogs that they invest in Deerskin and Ainley dog boxs to assure their saftey.
    No different than being in a crate in the back of a pickup... Dog is still in a crate... At least it wasn't basted in gravy
    Bill Davis