The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undecided - are there really any

Then how come Ron Paul couldn't win one damn state? he's basically a libertarian...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The Repubs are just about fiinished and the Dems aren't too far behind! The majority has been disenfranchised by the current two parties!

http://news.yahoo.com/poll-political...185110098.html
    The results indicate a collective thumbs down to both the Democratic and Republican Party, showing that an unprecedented 38 percent of adults rejected both parties and call themselves independents. Only 32 percent now say they are Democrats and 24 percent now call themselves Republicans.

Even the majority of Hispanics are now Independents!

Fifty-one percent of Hispanics describe themselves as political independents, according to a new USA Today/Gallup poll. Thirty-two percent identify as Democrats, 11 percent as Republicans.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...l-independents
    that's a ludicrous statement....I thought that the TEA Party was a passing fancy and they proved me wrong....one of the main reasons that people CLAIM to be independent, is that they dont want to be associated with a loser...case in point, How many people do you know that will admit they voted for BHO...heck some R's had to have voted for him for him to win by such a wide margin....more and more will register as INDY's so they wont be grouped with one side or another...IMO the R or D designation is getting archaic and being replaced by Conservatives vs Liberals/progressives

Both R and D will do their best to supress any Ind movement because they know it will erode their power....In order for the American public to have a true Ind Party they will need to have infrastructure and viable candidates that will vote their platform...right now candidates are forced to run under one party or another but do anything but vote for the party that elected them or even more important their state constituents
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    that's a ludicrous statement....I thought that the TEA Party was a passing fancy and they proved me wrong....one of the main reasons that people CLAIM to be independent, is that they dont want to be associated with a loser...case in point, How many people do you know that will admit they voted for BHO...(I know quite a few folks that voted for obama and theystill like him are they are still planning on voting for him again) heck some R's had to have voted for him for him to win by such a wide margin....more and more will register as INDY's so they wont be grouped with one side or another...IMO the R or D designation is getting archaic and being replaced by Conservatives vs Liberals/progressives Most are not what today's Conservatives have become nor what the Dems have become. Many are Fiscal Conservative and Social Liberals. The Progessives and Social Conservatives make the most noise but do not represent the majority! Independents are the ones that have been disenfranchised.

Both R and D will do their best to supress any Ind movement because they know it will erode their power....(their power is eroding everyday because voters are sick and tired of all the lying and shennagans coming from the Dems and Repubs)In order for the American public to have a true Ind Party(there is no real Ind Party, there is the second oldest party, the Libertarian Party and when talking about the Tea party, which sect would one be talking about?) they will need to have infrastructure and viable candidates that will vote their platform...right now candidates are forced to run under one party or another but do anything but vote for the party that elected them or even more important their state constituents
    My comments are in red.

It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

that is the biggest weak spot of the TEA Party, they have a dysfunctional base...too many different factions...the line between the Libertarian and TEA party is very grey...Like I have stated before, its the SOCIAL- MORAL issues that really divide us, not the fiscal ones

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I think 90% of the electorate has had their mind made up for over a year. Almost always, the 'undecideds' are way over-stated since folks just say that they are undecided when they are really not. A small percentage of folks who say they are independent really are. In my state, since the Republican party allows registered independents to vote in its primaries, most of them are Democrats seeking to wreak havoc

Hispanics, women and gays will determine the election...the rest of us don't count. Sorry that is just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I think 90% of the electorate has had their mind made up for over a year. Almost always, the 'undecideds' are way over-stated since folks just say that they are undecided when they are really not. A small percentage of folks who say they are independent really are. In my state, since the Republican party allows registered independents to vote in its primaries, most of them are Democrats seeking to wreak havoc
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Hispanics, women and gays will determine the election...the rest of us don't count. Sorry that is just the way it is.
    gay and lesbian will tend to vote D...but the wealthier segment will vote their pocketbook not their sexual orientation

Hispanics will vote according to their social status...the uneducated like those that work in my industry will swing hard to D's , while the more educated and those that have immigrated here legally or have business will vote their pocketbook.....

IMO women will vote their social and economic conscience not their gender

Every vote counts....your state may not be in play in the grand scheme of things, but in TX for example there is a US Senate seat up for grabs...the state will go R in the POTUS election

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Sambo, you are just plain full of crap...
    Bill Davis

I think there are less undecided than one might think. No hard evidence or stats. Just a hunch. I have talked to several people in this part of the world (heavily Democratic) who are in their 60's and have just registered to vote for the first time in their life. The reason given was the same. They feel they must help get Obama out of the Whitehorse regardless of the opponent. Hardly scientific but interesting.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth