The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney / Ryan?

Default Romney / Ryan?

It is being reported that Mitt Romney has chosen Paul Ryan from WI as his VP choice!

Batten down the hatches folks.
    Ryan scares the hell out of Obama and Biden.
    You are gonna like this guy.....a lot.

Well, the secular progressives are NOT gonna like him.......A LOT!!!!

Wait till you hear this guys plan on the budget, economy etc.

You will be able to guage his fear factor by how viciously the progressive start attcking him on a personal level....TODAY!!!

I mean they have to, Obama can't run on his record, so the secular progressives have to make up lies about the next President and Vice President.

Boston, MA – Mitt Romney today announced Wisconsin Representative Paul Ryan as his Vice Presidential running mate. Below is Congressman Ryan’s biography:U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan is in his seventh term in Congress representing Wisconsin’s First Congressional District. He is Chairman of the House Budget Committee, where he has worked tirelessly leading the effort to reign in federal spending and increase accountability to taxpayers. He also serves on the House Ways and Means Committee, where he has focused on simplifying the tax code and making health care more affordable and accessible.In January 2010, Ryan gained attention nationwide after unveiling his “Roadmap for America’s Future,” a proposal to eliminate the federal deficit, reform the tax code, and preserve entitlements for future generations.Representative Ryan was born in Janesville, Wisconsin on January 29, 1970. A fifth-generation Wisconsin native, Ryan was the youngest of four children born to Paul Ryan Sr., who worked as an attorney, and Betty, a stay-at-home mom.In April 2000, Ryan proposed to Janna Little, a native Oklahoman, at one of his favorite fishing spots, Big St. Germain Lake in Wisconsin. Later that year, the two were married in Oklahoma City.The Ryans reside in Janesville with their three children, Liza, Charlie and Sam. The family are parishioners at St. John Vianney Catholic Church.Upon entering Congress in January of 1999, Ryan was the youngest member of the freshmen class at the age of 28. Prior to running for Congress, Ryan served as an aide to Republican Senators Robert Kasten Jr. and Sam Brownback, former U.S. Rep. and Vice Presidential Candidate Jack Kemp, and as a speechwriter for Education Secretary William Bennett.Ryan is a graduate of Joseph A. Craig High School in Janesville and earned degrees in economics and political science from Miami University in Ohio. He is an avid outdoorsman and is a member is of his local archery association, the Janesville Bowmen.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-11-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

the VP debate will be good.
    now it's gonna get fun.
    They sould get Carville (i know, no way... maybe?)
    to do his "Its the economy stupid" line for an add.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Not familiar with him, but I'm sure liking how he's talking so far.

I'm not really familiar with Ryan. What does he bring that will attract some of the folks that voted for Obama last time? How does he help get Romney in and Obama out?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

If I were Biden I would run and hide
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

I did not expect Romney to choose Ryan., This will be a good next few months...
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

OMG! Can you imagine Ryan debating Biden on fiscal policy? The stand-up comics will have material for years to come

I would say that Ryan would appeal to Rs who think and to independents who do likewise. I would expect that the Obama campaign would hammer on the Medicare plan.

Ryan will get the chance now to give voice to why it has to be done. I'm on Medicare, but that doesn't mean that I can't see why it needs to be fixed for the next generation to enter the program. No present beneficiaries will be affected ... and fixing it now will assure that others will benefit from a program that is sustainable. Seniors who vote are not as stupid as some politicos think (there are some on this forum who could validate that statement).

Can hardly wait to see what kind of "dirty" ads they come up with for Ryan. His calm demeanor and articulateness should be able to handle it. I'm sure the O campaign has been "digging" on all the potential VP candidates.

I think Ryan will get good support from the fiscal conservatives in the party, who might have found Romney too liberal? Being RC, the religious right should find him acceptable. He likes to hunt ...

There are some Dems in the House who have supported R bills ... if Ryan has the respect of his colleagues, that could be a force for good in Congress. We already know that there are Ds who are not fond of Obama's agenda and his modus operandi.

When I look at some of the young Rs, like Ryan, Rubio, Jindal, Rand Paul, there may be reason to hope that these younger guys can have a positive impact on the country's future. I think that people like Rubio, Jindal, Paul, and others like them will give a lot of support to this kind of ticket.

Maybe the complaints of the Ds that Romney hasn't disclosed a detailed fiscal plan is because he is going to back Ryan's plan? Don't know if it will get Romney votes, but choosing Ryan (who probably knows more about the govt fiscal matters than just about anyone) was an intelligent choice. Ryan would be a solid advisor to Romney on fiscal matters.

I think the choice of Ryan is in line with Romney's persona as a businessman. That can be good and bad from a vote-getting standpoint.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

In the little reading I have been able to do since the announcement this morning, he appears to me to bring nothing to attract any of the folks who voted for Obama in the last election, and indeed greatly adds to the Dems ability to claim that the Republicans are callous, don't care about the poor, and intend to cast them loose. His position on medicare is going to scare a lot of folks and his tax policy is very easy to interpret as favoring "the rich." He is a practicing Catholic and yet even the conference of catholic bishops is castigating him: "The 2012 Ryan budget also received criticism from elements of the Catholic Church, specifically from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and from faculty and administrators of Georgetown University. In its letter to Rep. Ryan, the group of Georgetown faculty and administrators criticized the Ryan budget as trying to "to dismantle government programs and abandon the poor to their own devices," going on to say that Catholic teaching "demands that higher levels of government provide help—"subsidium"—when communities and local governments face problems beyond their means to address such as economic crises, high unemployment, endemic poverty and hunger." I fear this is just another case of the Republicans only listening to the base and that will just ensure another four years of Obama, and possibly even help the dems regain control of the house.

Ya'll think that he will be a great debater, but most of the folks that the Republicans have to attract don't have the attention span to really watch the debates. They will instead see a white bread conservative intellectual who neither understands nor cares about the problems of the average guy (which is how he will be portrayed in the little sound-bites that most people will actually see.)
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Paul Ryan said his medicare plan will not affect anyone over 55 ...Hopefully we will learn the facts of his plan and not what the dems say. One thing Ryan isn't afraid of Obama, and he will tear Biden apart in the debate.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

for the naysayers who say it brings nothing to the table ...who do you think would have.......Ryan was the smart choice, second guess it all you want but guys like Ryan are the future of the party and the nation..compared to the ticket we had in 08 this VP is qualified to take the top spot...He brings a lot to the ticket

Think of it this way...if Mitt was the CEO he has a legit CFO in Ryan....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"