The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 80

Thread: Paul Ryan

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Wasn't the bail bailout Bushy's baby? I thought all the Republican rank and file lined up to give billions to bankers so they could split up bonuses to themselves.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Wasn't the bail bailout Bushy's baby? I thought all the Republican rank and file lined up to give billions to bankers so they could split up bonuses to themselves.
    Almost correct, all but one of the Repubs did line up to handout the bailouts, except for one House member. One of the few with any scruples. Obama's payoff was to the UAW and other unions via the stimulus.

    And, the crooks are walking free, living in the lap of luxury and donating money to their favorite PAC.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-16-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  3. #13
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    Saturday Paul Ryan will be in the "Villages" a popular senior community his mom who lives in Fl and is on Medicare will be there. He will be answering audience questions This could be to much for Obama
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  4. #14
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Don't argue economics with me....had the banks not been bailed out, every major bank in the world would have failed along with everyone's checking account. Honoring the FDIC insurance would have looked like a mountain compared to what they loaned the banks. God sake....you got this wrong, and I don't care to see this again to prove I'm right. This was not politics. It was a major f>>k up but not politics. It was the politics of the past that put us in the position, but this was not someone playing for political gain.

    Paul's economic position is why I don't like him. Thank God others that don't know as much about economics as I do see it too.

    Ok I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are in the banking industry..point Sambo

    BUT IMO opinion the truth is somewhere between your stance and Franco's....both of you are on complete polar opposites of the bank bailout issue

    Franco is right about letting some businesses fail, in a free market that should have happened, but I don't think the entire banking system would have folded...but some people got VERY rich off the bank bailout...point Franco

    I do agree with your statement that it was not politics, it was a MAJOR ____up
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Franco....if everything had run its course we would be fighting for a spot in a soup line...that simple. There was a massive credit crunch and the only funding available was government. TARP for the most part has been repaid as has the auto bailout, so government got something right. Maybe had the Germans not drawn as hard a line, Europe would be on better footing.

    Now just because government did the right thing during the crisis, does not mean that what they did to get us in the crisis is excusable
    Sambo, although I completely disagree with you on this topic, I will give you credit to sticking to your guns. The hard core Repeblicans on the board have selective memory when it comes to remembering what their guys did only a few years ago. No one wants to talk about the billions their guys gave away, only the billions the other guy gave away, everyone wants to talk about what a how moronic Obama's health care mandate was and not how moronic Romney's health care mandate was.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Sambo, although I completely disagree with you on this topic, I will give you credit to sticking to your guns. The hard core Repeblicans on the board have selective memory when it comes to remembering what their guys did only a few years ago. No one wants to talk about the billions their guys gave away, only the billions the other guy gave away, everyone wants to talk about what a how moronic Obama's health care mandate was and not how moronic Romney's health care mandate was.
    Your reading comprehension must be awful but I'll give a try to helping you out anyway. Search these boards and you will find that we have said MANY times that Bush's bailout was just as bad for this country as Obama's was. Your next point is comparing apples and oranges but I suspect you know that. You might not know that many on this board have complained about the Romney health care. What you and others are missing is that his was a state run program that affected only his state and he has said that he would never implement that on a national scale. Good enough for me. States rights are still in play for now no matter how much you and Obama supporters hate it.

    Why is it when you guys disagree with something said by the right you instantly jump to saying, "Well you guys did it to" and then add that us on the right supported that? It's incorrect, but again I think you guys know that...

  7. #17
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Sambo, I would say that they have you fooled. Just like the Debt Ceiling scare tactics they use to raise the Debt Ceiling.

    In case you missed it, most of the smaller community banks were solvent during the bailouts. It was the big banks run by greed that caused the problems. Those with good credit could walk into any community bank and get a loan during that time. I know, because I did!
    Franco and I in perfect alignment......on the FACTS!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Your reading comprehension must be awful but I'll give a try to helping you out anyway. Search these boards and you will find that we have said MANY times that Bush's bailout was just as bad for this country as Obama's was. Your next point is comparing apples and oranges but I suspect you know that. You might not know that many on this board have complained about the Romney health care. What you and others are missing is that his was a state run program that affected only his state and he has said that he would never implement that on a national scale. Good enough for me. States rights are still in play for now no matter how much you and Obama supporters hate it.

    Why is it when you guys disagree with something said by the right you instantly jump to saying, "Well you guys did it to" and then add that us on the right supported that? It's incorrect, but again I think you guys know that...
    The Republicans had taken a hard line stance that Nationalized health care was evil and the individual mandate was unconstitutional, that is the only reason he said he would never implement it. I don't believe that any reasonable person could believe that Romney thought the mandate was a fantastic idea on a State level and a aweful idea on a National level it was a pure flip-flop simple as that.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    274

    Default

    I was on the board of directors of a regional bank that at the time of the banking crisis. At that time we had 600 plus million dollars in assets. We were never at risk of failure. In '06 I believe it was, our CEO told us a double dip recession was coming. He spent some time on the board of one of the Federal Reserve banks. I have to believe plenty of people knew what was coming. Has anyone watched the news report I referenced?

  10. #20
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    The Republicans had taken a hard line stance that Nationalized health care was evil and the individual mandate was unconstitutional, that is the only reason he said he would never implement it. I don't believe that any reasonable person could believe that Romney thought the mandate was a fantastic idea on a State level and a aweful idea on a National level it was a pure flip-flop simple as that.
    I guess that makes me (an advocate for states rights) unreasonable, but you already thought that anyways..........
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •