The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80

Thread: Paul Ryan

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Actually Bill, Ron Paul won the majority of delegates in 5 states. Louisiana and Maine are fighting the legal elections of Paul delegates currently. These states are refusing to allow the delegates to go to Tampa unless they agree to vote for Romney and not to speak negatively about him to the media among other stipulations.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Originally Posted by FrancoSambo, I would say that they have you fooled. Just like the Debt Ceiling scare tactics they use to raise the Debt Ceiling.

    In case you missed it, most of the smaller community banks were solvent during the bailouts. It was the big banks run by greed that caused the problems. Those with good credit could walk into any community bank and get a loan during that time. I know, because I did!
    Franco and I in perfect alignment......on the FACTS!!!!!


    I do think scare tactics are a huge part of the tail wagging the dog. The politicians use it TOO often. .
    I do not think our world would be turned upside down if GM were allowed to fail. Perhaps the UAWs world, but not the entire world.

    The banks may have been a different story, but I know I make a lot of money off of a few of those banks.... and I'm kinda glad they didn't go away. Although, I'm pretty sure there would have been another bank ready to step in and take the wheel.

    I see the bailouts a lot like the war.... tons of money spent on what we now know were not WMDs.... but who would have done it differently? The nation was screaming for revenge after 9/11....and both sides of the aisle were anxious to provide it. Then, the cry came out to help the banks, the cars, the insurers..... both sides of the aisle seemed ready to help. Now, looking back, letting a few fail and a few make it? ... well, who gets to play God in that scenario?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I guess that makes me (an advocate for states rights) unreasonable, but you already thought that anyways..........
    Being an advocate for states rights doesn't make you unreasonable, trying to defend Romney for flip-flopping on the mandate would, your smarter than that.

  4. #24
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,729

    Default

    wonder when Biden will tell us his plan since he brings so much to the ticket. When you talk about a flip flopper make sure you include BO with his gay marriage flip flop. Something he would never had said until Uncle Joe opened his mouth and put him on the spot.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Being an advocate for states rights doesn't make you unreasonable, trying to defend Romney for flip-flopping on the mandate would, your smarter than that.
    It's not a flip flop, it is a position held by many that believe in states rights. Just because something was implemented on a statewide level doesn't mean it is something that is proper for a nationwide scale. While I don't agree with the state mandate any more than the national one, I am not voting for a state position but a federal one and he has pledged that, like many states rights activists, it is not something meant for the federal government to implement.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    Originally Posted by FrancoSambo, I would say that they have you fooled. Just like the Debt Ceiling scare tactics they use to raise the Debt Ceiling.

    In case you missed it, most of the smaller community banks were solvent during the bailouts. It was the big banks run by greed that caused the problems. Those with good credit could walk into any community bank and get a loan during that time. I know, because I did!
    Franco and I in perfect alignment......on the FACTS!!!!!


    I do think scare tactics are a huge part of the tail wagging the dog. The politicians use it TOO often. .
    I do not think our world would be turned upside down if GM were allowed to fail. Perhaps the UAWs world, but not the entire world.

    The banks may have been a different story, but I know I make a lot of money off of a few of those banks.... and I'm kinda glad they didn't go away. Although, I'm pretty sure there would have been another bank ready to step in and take the wheel.

    I see the bailouts a lot like the war.... tons of money spent on what we now know were not WMDs.... but who would have done it differently? The nation was screaming for revenge after 9/11....and both sides of the aisle were anxious to provide it. Then, the cry came out to help the banks, the cars, the insurers..... both sides of the aisle seemed ready to help. Now, looking back, letting a few fail and a few make it? ... well, who gets to play God in that scenario?
    Scare tactics are the oldest form of population manipulation. Scaring the plebs is a huge tool used by politicians and preachers

    In a truly Free Marketplace, yes there would have been other banks to replace the banks that were criminally run. Same for the auto industry. As much as our Federal Reserve has tried to destroy community banks, it has been the conservative practices of the community bank that didn't allow them to make bad investments.

    The 15 TRILLION bailout of foreign banks in 09 is proof that not only is our currency and monetary policy controlled internationally, they look down their crooked noses at our community banks. Because most of those community banks aren't run by old money elite or Harvard MBAs. Yet those same community banks proved they had the better business model!

    And, when the government does get to play God, their attempt at picking winners and losers is dismal and unConstitutional!

    Sadley, the prognosis of the health of our future is not good and neither the Dems or the Repubs will change anything.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-16-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Anyway, this thread is about Paul Ryan. With this history, is there any hope that he has reformed his big government/spending philosphy? Or, is he a closet Dem?

    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  8. #28
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Scare tactics are the oldest form of population manipulation. Scaring the plebs is a huge tool used by politicians and preachers

    In a truly Free Marketplace, yes there would have been other banks to replace the banks that were criminally run. Same for the auto industry. As much as our Federal Reserve has tried to destroy community banks, it has been the conservative practices of the community bank that didn't allow them to make bad investments.

    The 15 TRILLION bailout of foreign banks in 09 is proof that not only is our currency and monetary policy controlled internationally, they look down their crooked noses at our community banks. Because most of those community banks aren't run by old money elite or Harvard MBAs. Yet those same community banks proved they had the better business model!

    And, when the government does get to play God, their attempt at picking winners and losers is dismal and unConstitutional!

    Sadley, the prognosis of the health of our future is not good and neither the Dems or the Repubs will change anything.
    Franco, why don't you just go ahead and end it all? Without things going your way, we are doomed. Instead of trying to fix a problem, you just sit around and moan about it.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #29
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Franco, why don't you just go ahead and end it all? Without things going your way, we are doomed. Instead of trying to fix a problem, you just sit around and moan about it.
    I've been working hard to fix the problem by supporting the only candidate with a realistic grasp of our monetray and foreign problems. YOU are the one supporting the status quo and a part of the problem! Your hatred for Obama has blinded you to the point where you are willing to accept anything!

    My candidate msy have lost the beauty contest but his message goes on.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  10. #30
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I've been working hard to fix the problem by supporting the only candidate with a realistic grasp of our monetray and foreign problems. YOU are the one supporting the status quo and a part of the problem! Your hatred for Obama has blinded you to the point where you are willing to accept anything!

    My candidate msy have lost the beauty contest but his message goes on.
    I am not willing to accept the status quo. The status quo is Obama and the Dems. I don't hate Obama. I hate what he stands for. I am willing to accept almost anything but Obama's crap.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •