The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Ryan

Thanks for the compliment sambo. I imagine a bank Holliday would be declared before an all out run could occur.

I insulted someone once and got suspended for a week. But that was years ago I guess the rules have changed. Then I was basically begged to come back because I believe the mod didn't care for the person I insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    Simply not true....at least not with the evidence at hand. People are currently lining up for miles to open accounts with the smaller banks to get away from the bailed out banks. To say people would have done this to all banks is speculation at best and contrary to current evidence!

I haven't seen the debt ceiling referenced in this thread but I skimmed some of the posts. But to say that spending trillions to bail out banks has nothing to do with the debt ceiling is a little ridiculous don't you think?
    You REALLY dont think that if the headlines were reading "Bank Of America Fails" "JPMorgan Goes Bust" "Capital One Out Of Capital" "American Losing Millions By The Minute, No Cash to Cash Out"

You HONESTLY believe this would not have incited pure panic???? There would have been a run on banking like never before. And our media would have fed the beast like crazy

Like I said.... I never agree with Sambo, But you have to really have your blinders on to not see this point.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post
    Thanks for the compliment sambo. I imagine a bank Holliday would be declared before an all out run could occur.
    roflmao.... yea, declare a bank holiday or shut em down for a day ....that'd surely calm everyone down.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    roflmao.... yea, declare a bank holiday or shut em down for a day ....that'd surely calm everyone down.
    You are so right Bush saved us from the apocalypse the same way Gore saved us from Global warming. ROTFSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    You are so right Bush saved us from the apocalypse the same way Gore saved us from Global warming. ROTFSHMSFOAIDMT
    how in the heck did you get THAT ^^^^ out of my post??????? or any of my posts?????????
    Forrest Gump, 1994

It is a global market. US and foriegn banks are counterparties in countless trades totaling in the trillions.

Because every body would have tried to withdraw at once the banks would have not had the cash to honor the request.

Just download one of the large banks 10Ks and see how many 100s of billions in deposits they have.

The fed stepped up this time inserting massive liquidity into the market and the treasury made loans to these banks to keep them from running out of liquidity as the value of their assets were marked to market thus providing less to borrow against while the liqidity to borrow was drying up. They did this too late when the market crashed in the 20s thus causing a run on banks...they learned from history.

obama says his plan is working, unemployment is up in 44 states what plan is that the plan to destroy America Hes doing a great job. A fiend of ours was laid off from his his job today because his employer can't afford health care so like so many business's he has to let people go This is Obamacare. Wake up America It was a mistake to ever put B.O. In the WH but its a mistake that can be corrected before its to late
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    It is a global market. US and foriegn banks are counterparties in countless trades totaling in the trillions.

Because every body would have tried to withdraw at once the banks would have not had the cash to honor the request.

Just download one of the large banks 10Ks and see how many 100s of billions in deposits they have.

The fed stepped up this time inserting massive liquidity into the market and the treasury made loans to these banks to keep them from running out of liquidity as the value of their assets were marked to market thus providing less to borrow against while the liqidity to borrow was drying up. They did this too late when the market crashed in the 20s thus causing a run on banks...they learned from history.
    Troll troll, troll your boat, gently down the stream.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Troll troll, troll your boat, gently down the stream.
    Merrily, Merrily, Merrily, Merrily life is but a dream