The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Paul Ryan

Do you think those three cities in Ca are going to be the only ones that are bankrupt? If Obama gets 4 more years the entire country will fail.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Come on...you know that is not true...but I'm sure you will get to see that your prediction is not going to come true

Did anyone think we would see 3 cities for bust or Pa having to pay its all its state employees min wage? this is what Obama did and he has plenty more up his sleeve.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    They paid it back after the waters settled down and they could sell stock. Again if you can read pull up BofA and JPM 10K and lets have a discussion about what all those numbers mean.
    I wonder if it is you that can't read-read with comprehension, that is. I did not say ALL. I did not say BOA AND JP MORGAN-CHASE(didn't JP Morgan buy chase during that time period? I'm not sure.) I SAID SOME!!! There are now a little over 6000 banks. there used to be over 14000 banks. You think all of them were in finantial trouble?? Not hardly were they all in trouble. some were even smart enough to IGNORE the regulators. Tennessee Bankshares, a holding company that I am familiar, ignored the regulators who complained that they had to high a percentage of farm loans and not enough construction loans. Its stock has gone from $120/share to over $300/share since 2000. THEY NEVER NEEDED TARP MONEY BUT WERE COMPELLED TO TAKE IT.

I will offer you just a little tidbit for your future. THERE IS NO SUCH WORD AS "THEMSELFS" You might try the word "themselves" next time. I don't think that was a spelling error. Eighth grade vocabulary??

JPM and Chase merged in the 90s. 8000 banks have not failed. The point is that had TARP not have been made available....the financial system would have melted down and Tenn Bankshares would have melted with them no matter how strong they were. Lots of innocent folks got hurt and not because of the current president.

JPM and Chase merged in the 90s. 8000 banks have not failed. The point is that had TARP not have been made available....the financial system would have melted down and Tenn Bankshares would have melted with them no matter how strong they were. Lots of innocent folks got hurt and not because of the current president.
    It never dawned on me that you would think that I was saying that 8000 banks had failed. I was talking about the banks that have been bought up and consolidated. I has amazed me that one bank would pay such a high price for another bank. then it dawned on me that the Gov. has made it almost impossible to start a new bank. I have believed that if the Gov. made it easier to start a new bank then fewer would be bought up and fewer called "to big to fail". that was my point. It appears to me that you think those banks that did not want to take the TARP money were in your opinion were stupid and had they spoiled the TARP plan they would have caused their bank to fail also. I'm sure you remember that the arguement for making all banks take the TARP money was to hide those that were in distress and thereby reduce the chanches of a run on them. Otherwise, it was argued, TARP WOULD FAIL. So I guess you think those that wanted to refuse the money, in effect wanted to self distruct. Good logic, the successful banks were dumb and those in trouble were the smart ones,along with the gov.

Just for informtion purposes, Bank of Halls depositors NEVER lost a dime during the depression and furthermore, it took over the only other bank in town and made their depositors whole also. How stupid could they be. I guess you could just ask you or the government.

Ok...when I get time I will pull the 2008 10K on Tenn Bankshares. One bank in Texas did not take TARP it was Prosperity Bank. I'm sure a capital test was done and they failed. Anyway TARP was cheap equity for any bank at a cost of 5%, so why would you not want it anyway?

So they paid it back...it did not hurt them based on their growth in market cap since then. Nobody else is boosting those numbers

Ok...when I get time I will pull the 2008 10K on Tenn Bankshares. One bank in Texas did not take TARP it was Prosperity Bank. I'm sure a capital test was done and they failed. Anyway TARP was cheap equity for any bank at a cost of 5%, so why would you not want it anyway?

So they paid it back...it did not hurt them based on their growth in market cap since then. Nobody else is boosting those numbers
    The reason I know what the appreciation of the stock was is because my aunt died in 2000 and left me a little stock in it. It always paid a 1% dividend and I had not paid attention to its value. $129.0/share was the basis when she died and a little over $300/share this year. It paid about 3-4% dividend this year and about 8% dividend last year. Reason they said for the special dividend was they had too much money. I don't think anyone has to worry about buying any of it because noone is selling. there are less that 200 stockholders. Oops, dividends paid year before last and last year.
    Last edited by caryalsobrook; 08-20-2012 at 04:33 PM.

It is not publicly traded then....Go to the FDIC's website and pull the latest call report. Look for percentages of Tier 1 equity you want it greater than 10% and look at how much they expensed for provisions and if they showed a good profit with good equity hang on to it. Send me a private message if you would like for me to look at it but from what you said I would hang onto it until some big bank buys it.

If only sanity had prevailed during the 2008 banking crisis!

http://capitalism.aynrand.org/yaron-...ancial-crisis/
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.