The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ryan's "PLAN"

  1. #1
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,735

    Default Ryan's "PLAN"

    I have now read this (at least what is published on line).

    Many of you have blasted the plan in general.

    I was wondering, what specifically do you dislike about it??

    Please be specific.............
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #2
    Senior Member Jason Glavich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    woodbridge,VA
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    In my best Liberal Voice. "What I do not like is the fact that ....umm....well....Romney is a Tax cheat" or
    "Well I do not like that fact that kids in other countries do not have maps and stuff" or
    " I do not like it because is was written by Ryan"
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

    ~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

  3. #3
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Ryan's plan does not address the deficit and actually increases spending in the Federal budget.

    From the far-right Fox News...
    But claims that Ryan is slashing spending don't quite square with the numbers. Those claims are convenient Washington shorthand for what Ryan's plan actually proposes -- which is to slow the rate of budget growth, but still allow the budget to grow.
    Under the latest Ryan plan, the budget would grow from $3.6 trillion this year to $4.9 trillion in 2022. The only years in which spending would dip are 2013 and 2014.
    Under President Obama's 2013 budget, spending also increases over the 10-year period, but by a much bigger amount. The budget grows from $3.8 trillion in 2012 to $5.8 trillion in 2022. And instead of the $3.1 trillion long-term deficit under Ryan's plan, Obama's plan comes with a $6.7 trillion deficit.





    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-slash-budget/

    The only difference between the two parties is the social issues.

    In regards to the Economy and spending, a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-17-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  4. #4
    Senior Member gmhr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Obama has no plan, we will all be out of medicare and into Obamacare 21 new taxes, where is his plan? He has had 4 yrs and only put us deeper in debt. He is clueless
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wetumka, OK
    Posts
    585

    Default

    wait wait wait..... how do you compare the Ryan budget with the Obama budget when Obama has yet to produce a budget? Did I miss something?
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

  6. #6
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Ryan's plan does not address the deficit and actually increases spending in the Federal budget.

    From the far-right Fox News...
    But claims that Ryan is slashing spending don't quite square with the numbers. Those claims are convenient Washington shorthand for what Ryan's plan actually proposes -- which is to slow the rate of budget growth, but still allow the budget to grow.
    Under the latest Ryan plan, the budget would grow from $3.6 trillion this year to $4.9 trillion in 2022. The only years in which spending would dip are 2013 and 2014.
    Under President Obama's 2013 budget, spending also increases over the 10-year period, but by a much bigger amount. The budget grows from $3.8 trillion in 2012 to $5.8 trillion in 2022. And instead of the $3.1 trillion long-term deficit under Ryan's plan, Obama's plan comes with a $6.7 trillion deficit.





    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-slash-budget/

    The only difference between the two parties is the social issues.

    In regards to the Economy and spending, a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama.
    Maybe you missed my question.

    What specifically do you dislike about Ryans plan??
    Have you read it???
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #7
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Maybe you missed my question.

    What specifically do you dislike about Ryans plan??
    Have you read it???

    Maybe you missed my answer.

    Ryan's budget does not address deficit reduction and instead grows the deficit. His plan grows the defcit slower than Obama's but that is not enough. And, where is he championing a Balance Budget Amendment?
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  8. #8
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Maybe you missed my answer.

    Ryan's budget does not address deficit reduction and instead grows the deficit. His plan grows the defcit slower than Obama's but that is not enough. And, where is he championing a Balance Budget Amendment?
    I read the answer you posted.
    I gives the appearance of "cut & paste."

    Maybe I am wrong???????

    Who do you think could balance the budget in 1 year?
    2 years?


    I mean, besides RP???
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #9
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I read the answer you posted.
    I gives the appearance of "cut & paste."

    Maybe I am wrong???????

    Who do you think could balance the budget in 1 year?
    2 years?


    I mean, besides RP???
    Well first off, Ryan's plan doesn't eliminate the deficit in 10 years and only grows the deficit at a slower rate than Obama's. When you say besides RP's plan, his budget from the first year was a balanced budget and actually reduced the deficit. Hard to improve on perfection

    I would dramatically cut spending starting with the Defense Dept. Most of thier budget is not about Defense and it is layden with waste. I would immediatly begin to shrink the size of the Federal Government by cutting entire departments and agencies. I would get rid of the current IRS and laws and simplfy making it fair for everyone. Reform Medicare and eliminate Medicaid all the while returning our healthcare policy to what it was in the early 60's. I would put in rules that would make the actions of Lobbyist and Special Interest more visable to the voting public. I would secure the boarder with the plan that RP put forth, unsecured boarders is a huge financial drain. Neither the Dems or the Repubs are serious about taking that issue on. We need real banking reform so as to prevent the too big to fail problem and return to real Free Markets which would stimulate the economy and jobs. This would also mean no more Federal Reserve because we can't have a Free Market and real Capitalism when the Fed is trying to manipulate the market!

    P S
    We desperatley need a Balanced Budget Amendment even though neither the Dems or Repubs want that. It would curtail their out of control spending!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-17-2012 at 11:05 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Georgetown, MA
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well first off, Ryan's plan doesn't eliminate the deficit in 10 years and only grows the deficit at a slower rate than Obama's. When you say besides RP's plan, his budget from the first year was a balanced budget and actually reduced the deficit. Hard to improve on perfection

    I would dramatically cut spending starting with the Defense Dept. Most of thier budget is not about Defense and it is layden with waste. I would immediatly begin to shrink the size of the Federal Government by cutting entire departments and agencies. I would get rid of the current IRS and laws and simplfy making it fair for everyone. Reform Medicare and eliminate Medicaid all the while returning our healthcare policy to what it was in the early 60's. I would put in rules that would make the actions of Lobbyist and Special Interest more visable to the voting public. I would secure the boarder with the plan that RP put forth, unsecured boarders is a huge financial drain. Neither the Dems or the Repubs are serious about taking that issue on. We need real banking reform so as to prevent the too big to fail problem and return to real Free Markets which would stimulate the economy and jobs. This would also mean no more Federal Reserve because we can't have a Free Market and real Capitalism when the Fed is trying to manipulate the market!

    P S
    We desperatley need a Balanced Budget Amendment even though neither the Dems or Repubs want that. It would curtail their out of control spending!

    The problem with all of that is you would need to be King and not president. In the real world the president needs to persuade Congress to go with the plan. That was also RP's problem. Twenty years in Congress and he was never able to persuade them to pass any of his bills. He would have the same problem as president IF he could persuade voters first.

    Ain't no way you will get any congress to go along with all those proposals. The country will not change overhnight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •