The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remind Me Again Why We Are In A'Stan!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    everyone wants out of A'stan...now getting out without getting a bunch of guys killed is another feat in itself...First they have to cut off financial aid to crooks like Karzaid, then we need to draw down the troops but in a safe military thought out way...and although it may seem of no consequence to many, you have to do it and try and save face or its Viet Nam all over again....we didnt come in overnite and you cant expect to leave overnite...
    I'm not convinced that everyone wants out, looks like MK, Huntinman and Romney prefer the status quo.

I understand that the exit stratery needs to be one where we take the least amount of casualties. But that stratergy doesn't take years. The people in A'stan will get the government they deserve when we depart(if ever) and saving face is the least of my concerns. I just don't want us wasting more American lives in a futile war that has little to do with terrorism.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm not convinced that everyone wants out, looks like MK, Huntinman and Romney prefer the status quo.

I understand that the exit stratery needs to be one where we take the least amount of casualties. But that stratergy doesn't take years. The people in A'stan will get the government they deserve when we depart(if ever) and saving face is the least of my concerns. I just don't want us wasting more American lives in a futile war that has little to do with terrorism.
    This is a war that can't be won. What do people see as the good outcome from this? We have been there 9 years now? And with little progress and allied military still being killed on a semi-regular basis. I say pull out and leave them to fend for themselves. Unless we are going to take the country over (which we obviously won't, and shouldn't) than we just need to leave ASAP. I clearly wasn't alive during Vietnam but what did we need to pull out gradually for to "save face". Who are we trying to save here, American Military lives or our good standing with the world (which we have little).

I beleive that we should leave that place TONIGHT!!!

I beleive going there in the first place was a monumental blunder.
    I have never waivered on this issue.
    Stan b & Elvis

Ruusia was there for what 20 yrs and not much has changed. Get our men and women out of that country!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

As usual, Franco, you are wrong again. I have many of those soldiers as clients. I live very near Fort Campbell and our area has suffered many casualties from these wars. I pesonally know people who are missing limbs, who have lost family members, and have other maladies that come from war.

I want it to end as soon as possible. However, I do not subscribe to a wholesale retreat. Nor do I think the current policy of leaving our men shorthanded in the face of danger for the sake of politics, ala Obama is a sound one. We need to get our people out of there in the safest way possible. But I think that shoud be left to the Generals to decide, not an idiot politician whose favorite memory is filling his car in high school with pot smoke. Choom Gang is not a military strike force.
    Bill Davis

Franco...you want get an argument from me on Afganistan. Stupidddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!