The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled Kansas City Hunt Test

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    So does this mean that you are on the list to help them out next year?

What is the fix for burnout?

Assumtion is the mother of all screwup regards

Bubba
    Absolutely if they need help I would love to go! I love working at tests cause you get the best seat in the house for watching dogs work and then you usually get a free lunch on top of it! I love to throw the live ducks, or run a winger station or plant a blind, I also like to see If I can get the next series set up before the judges are done with the call back list. I remember calling a hunt secretary an asking if I could come out and work at thier test and they were asking me "who are you?" and Why do you want to work??!?!! They had a hard time understanding why a person not runniing a dog would want to come out and work for a club they didn't even belong too haha. Then the first Field trial I went to go watch I talked them into letting me hang birds and run them out to the close stations.
    I even got an award at the 2010 Labrador Nationals because I worked every event they had. They made me take a lap around the ring when giving out awards.
    I have had judges like Kevin Burnell(sp?) tell me to slow down because it was hot and I was running to plant the blind and they thought it was too hot.

The fix for burnout is to bring in new club members. A local club here was in a bit of trouble and running out of workers and they decided to change things, they started having training days and providing food at training days, they had their meeting on training days, they started offering classes, they were active in procuring memebers, soon they had 70+ members and they had so much help they ended up with 2 people at every station. They helped out other local clubs and recieved help in return. At training days they required everyone to run a station for a few dogs and they trained you how to run a station. They worked very hard for a few years and then the club had enough workers that it was very easy in the following years. The one problem they discovered was they needed to teach a few more people to be chairman or Sec or gun capt or head marshall, but that will go quickly. They are very proud of their tests and strive to put on the best tests in the country.
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH

Call me in 30 years

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Call me in 30 years

Bubba
    I don't think you are my type

Breeder here, regards

P.S. hoping Bubba has a sense of humor
    Last edited by Kelly Greenwood; 08-20-2012 at 03:43 PM.
    Dogs Dog, Handlers Handle, Judges Judge

HRCH Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami MH

JTS, just so we are clear, nobody owes anybody an explanation about anything. If you don't want people moaning and groaning about things, and you say you have a reason that if everyone knew it they would understand, why not give the reason? At that point, anybody left moaning and groaning is pretty much definitionally unreasonable, no?

Call me in 30 years

Bubba
    oh boy....30 years ago I heard you were still putting pine cones in burlap sacks so you could buy yer first 10 speed bike...

I thought I would revive this old thread. The KCRC board is in the process of planning for our spring hunt test scheduled for late May. The board is reaching out to persons who are interested in helping with this event. If you posted or complained HERE IS YOU CHANCE!! Feel free to contact me or any other board member. We will find you a job and make this event happen. Kevin Polley 6606201163 or kkpolley@sbcglobal.net. For a list of board members reference the club website @ kcrc.net.

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Same weekend as KC HRC hunt test again...darn it!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Quote Originally Posted by firehouselabs View Post
    Same weekend as KC HRC hunt test again...darn it!!!
    cool, the OP will have a test to exibit at
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    cool, the OP will have a test to exibit at
    Not if I am HTS.

Best served cold regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Ken, you are sooooo bad

Bubba, well, you are just Bubba. And that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Is frequently a humorous thing. And sometimes, well. This is supposed to be a family oriented board.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!