The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tax dodger wants in the whitehouse

not sure who said this originally, but

I care a lot more about how Obama is spending MY money than how Romney is spending his.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Quote Originally Posted by J Hoggatt View Post
    Almost 50% of the American People - have ZERO Federal Tax Liability - ZERO -(shouting) - How (smart guy) do we give them - who give Zero - A Tax Cut???? Go a head and use your math skills............. waiting................ and still waiting...............

This debate is about spending!!!!! -- get it!!

Using "scare tactics" is a real sign of a weak argument on your part -- - our lack of intellectual ability....OR you are so biased towards the other party you will never see both sides.........

Yo, J. Why are you ignoring your tag line? I just reminded John about that same pitfall. I know...it's hard to stand on the sidelines and listen to the ignoramuses spewing their pathetic stupidity. But it's almost amusing to read some of these comments, and realize they aren't one bit chagrined by what they believe. They indeed ARE the "fools" of this nation.

UB

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I get so very tired of this argument.

So, he just happens to follow the tax law as written, he's done nothing illegal.

Do you guys even stop and think that it's guys like him that BUY politicians to write tax laws that suit them? Then you give them credit for just being smart enough to not pay any more than is due them?
    Buzz, you know there are 70,000 pages of tax code(deductions). You don't believe that ALL OF THEM were bought via pressure, influence, money or votes?? You don't think they were ALL put forth as "FAIR"? Primary home Mortgage interest, child deduction, earned income tax credit, Corporate deduction for health insurance, $3,000,000.00 exemption from estate tax,day care tax credit, mineral depletion allowance, just to name a few. I haven't seen anyone praise the income tax as working, yet few argue to scrap the whole idea of an income tax as fatally flawed.

I would be willing to bet that you could not cut the code to less than 10,000 pages, no matter how hard you tried, even if you had sole responsibility. Even then, it still would be a fatally flawed system.

Each of us has a different situation. You own your own company. I am retired. Some work for an hourly wage, some work on salary. some have a company pension plan. some do not and have to save for their retirement. Nobody can create a tax code for all that is "FAIR" to all. I take tax deductions that many can't. You take tax deductions that many can't. romney takes tax deductions that many can't. Anyone who takes an earned income tax, or a child tax deduction, or day car tax credit or home mortgage deduction are taking a deduction that I can't or don't take. It lowers their tax but I do not criticize them for doing so. I CRITICIZE SUCH A SYSTEM THAT CREATES ENVY, AND ANGER TO THOSE WHO ONLY FOLLOW THE LAW, not them.

I would much prefer a consumption tax with no exemptions, none. Not perfect but far better than the income tax. Easy to understand, encourages savings, discourages children unless you can afford them and are willing to pay for them are just a few things I like about it.

Just as sure as you criticize Romney for following the tax code, there are surely many that would criticize you if they saw your tax returns. That I am sure of.

Romney is lucky enough to have good acountants that can save him some money.... something we all wish we had. Hes not a tax cheat and he's not a liar like BO.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

We need to cut spending...but need to tax more too....getting the top 5% to pay their share along with cuts makes sense...Ryan wants to cut spending a good thing...but wants to cut taxes too. Lets pay some bills and then give ourvelves a raise...make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    We need to cut spending...but need to tax more too....getting the top 5% to pay their share along with cuts makes sense...Ryan wants to cut spending a good thing...but wants to cut taxes too. Lets pay some bills and then give ourvelves a raise...make sense?
    How about we start with getting rid of refunable tax credits, then move on and get the 50% who pay zero to start coughing up some cash!!!!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

And making the Romney's pay their share too

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    And making the Romney's pay their share too
    He plays millions already!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Sambo you can't be that dense!

He paid 3 and made 24...don't you think it would be better if he paid 8?