RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Training DVDs...What is the best series?

3K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  NSweez42 
#1 ·
I'm going to be buying a Chessie puppy and I've been getting prepared for it and I would just like some honest opinions on what preference of dvd series I should get or if anyone has some they are done with that I could purchase. Looking for taking them from a puppy all the way through to experienced hunter. Thank you Nate

#8 ·
2 Page Article on Force Fetch
http://www.gundogsonline.com/Article/Force-Fetch-Issues-Page1.htm

If I were you. I'd Go Hillmann Pup, to Hillmann Fetch.
And then decide on a Complete Program for the rest.
-Smartworks seems most ‘New user’ friendly.
-TRT seems to be unmatched in Overall Worth, but new comers might struggle with keeping up. Train with a group or local experienced trainer though, and this might not be a problem.
-Fowl Dawgs seems to be a solid program and easy to follow as well for new folks.
-Farmer/Aycock Basics is simple and easy to follow too but will only get you to Water Force.

Overall, if I could afford it, I’d have the entire TRT package(TRT/Marking/E-collar) w/ all 3 Volumes of Training with Mike Lardy or the entire Smartworks+Advanced package. Not just a little of one or the other.

You SHOULD seek out help locally. Training a pup is fun, but you will meet walls when training alone. Especially in Force Fetch Training and Marking. Group Training is a MAJOR Key to success for unnumbered reasons from achieving distance in retrieves to socialization.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.