The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The Ayn Rand principle explained...

Default The Ayn Rand principle explained...

...in words any person with a job should understand. (I know this will sail over Sambo's head, but this isn't written for his ilk.)

This is not a threat, it's a reality. If this oligarchy is given another 4 years, this nation as you know it will dissolve. It will be a Humpty-Dumpty moment, and Atlas will shrug...you can bet the farm on it. Nothing can be more understandable than what this business owner/employer writes. This is unarguable. Obama is the most ignorant fool to ever live in the White House. He has no clue what is involved in running a small business, or ANY business for that matter. As has been stated many times, "elections have consequences". This coming one will be the biggest most consequential in our lifetime.

UB

Michael A. Crowley, PE
    is the owner of Crowley & Associates, Inc. and was President and an owner ofCrowley, Crisp & Associates, Inc. and Michael A. Crowley, PC. As President of Crowley & Associates, Inc.,Mike is a lead designer of water supply, treatment and storage projects, regional sewage lift station design, andresidential and commercial site development projects and is responsible for the management of the firm. Mike’sindustry background includes over 20 years experience in the civil engineering field inclusive of executive levelresponsibilities in Marketing and Project Management. Prior to founding Michael A. Crowley, PC, Mikeheld positions with several engineering firms in North Carolina and Maine . Mike holds a B.S. Degree inCivil Engineering from University of Maine and a Master of Business Administration from Boston College .Mike is a member of the American Water Works Association (AWWA) and holds professional registrations inNorth Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Maryland, Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Indiana, Maine,Tennessee, Australia, and Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies. Mike is a native of Norridgewock , Maine . TheCrowley family resides in Wake Forest .

To All My Valued Employees,

There have been some rumblings around the office about the future of this company, and morespecifically, your job. As you know, the economy has changed for the worse and presents manychallenges. However, the good news is this: The economy doesn't pose a threat to your job.What does threaten your job however, is the changing political landscape in this country.

Ofcourse, as your employer, I am forbidden to tell you whom to vote for - it is against the law todiscriminate based on political affiliation, race, creed, religion, etc.Please vote for who you think will serve your interests the best. However, let me tell you somelittle tidbits of fact which might help you decide what is in your best interest.

First, while it is easyto spew rhetoric that casts employers against employees, you have to understand that for everybusiness owner there is a back story.This back story is often neglected and overshadowed by what you see and hear. Sure, you seeme park my Mercedes outside. You saw my big home at last year’s Christmas party. I'm sure allthese flashy icons of luxury conjure up some idealized thoughts about my life.

However, whatyou don't see is the back story.I started this company 12 years ago. At that time, I lived in a 300 square foot studio apartmentfor 3 years. My entire living space was converted into an office so I could put forth 100% effortinto building a company, which by the way, would eventually employ you.My diet consisted of Ramen Pride noodles because every dollar I spent went back into thiscompany. I drove a rusty Toyota Corolla with a defective transmission. I didn't have time to date.

Often times, I stayed home on weekends, while my friends went out drinking and partying. Infact, I was married to my business -- hard work, discipline, and sacrifice.Meanwhile, my friends got jobs. They worked 40 hours a week and made a modest $50K a yearand spent every dime they earned. They drove flashy cars and lived in expensive homes andwore fancy designer clothes. Instead of hitting Nordstrom's for the latest hot fashion item, I wastrolling through the Goodwill store extracting any clothing item that didn't look like it was birthedin the 70's.
    My friends refinanced their mortgages and lived a life of luxury. I, however, did not. I put my time

(cont'd)
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Crowley, cont'd...

my money, and my life into a business --- with a vision that eventually, some day, I too, will beable to afford these luxuries my friends supposedly had.
    So, while you physically arrive at the office at 9 am, mentally check in at about noon, and thenleave at 5 pm, I don't. There is no "off" button for me. When you leave the office, you are doneand you have a weekend all to yourself.
    I unfortunately do not have the freedom. I eat, ****, and breathe this company every minute ofthe day.There is no rest. There is no weekend. There is no happy hour. Every day this business isattached to me like a 1 day old baby.
    You, of course, only see the fruits of that garden -- the nice house, the Mercedes, thevacations...
    You never realize the back story and the sacrifices I've made.. Now, the economy is falling apartand I, the guy that made all the right decisions and saved his money, have to bail out all thepeople who didn't.
    The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that Iearned and sacrificed a decade of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits but theprice I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the cost of running this business,and employing you, is starting to eclipse the threshold of marginal benefit and let me tell youwhy:
    I am being taxed to death and the government thinks I don't pay enough. I have state taxes.Federal taxes. Property taxes. Sales and use taxes. Payroll taxes. Workers compensation taxes.Unemployment taxes. Taxes on taxes. I have to hire a tax man to manage all these taxes andthen guess what? I have to pay taxes for employing him.
    Government mandates and regulations and all the accounting that goes with it, now occupy mostof my time.
    On Oct 15th, I wrote a check to the US Treasury for $288,000 for quarterly taxes. You knowwhat my "stimulus" check was? Zero. Nada. Zilch.
    The question I have is this: Who is stimulating the economy? ME, the guy who has provided 14people good paying jobs and serves over 2,200,000 people per year with a flourishing business?Or, the single mother sitting at home pregnant with her fourth child waiting for her next welfarecheck?
    Obviously, government feels the latter is the economic stimulus of this country. The fact is, if Ideducted (Read: Stole) 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean,why should you? That's nuts. Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, Iagree which is why your job is in jeopardy. Here is what many of you don't understand .. tostimulate the economy you need to stimulate what runs the economy.

Had suddenly governmentmandated to me that I didn't need to pay taxes, guess what? Instead of depositing that $288,000into the Washington black-hole, I would have spent it, hired more employees, and generatedsubstantial economic growth. My employees would have enjoyed the wealth of that tax cut in theform of promotions and better salaries. But you can forget it now.
    When you have a comatose man on the verge of death, you don't defibrillate and shock histhumb thinking that will bring him back to life, do you? Or, do you defibrillate his heart? Businessis at the heart of America and always has been. To restart it, you must stimulate it, not kill it.Suddenly, the power brokers in Washington believe the mud of America are the essential driversof the American economic engine.
    Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep. So wheream I going with all this? It's quite simple.

If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, myreaction will be swift and simple. I fire you. I fire your co-workers. You can then plead with thegovernment to pay for your mortgage, your SUV, and your child's future. Frankly, it isn't myproblem anymore. Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire.
    You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the
    unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my
    citizenship.

(cont'd)

While tax cuts to 95% of America sounds great on paper, don't forget the back story: If there isno job, there is no income to tax. A tax cut on zero dollars is zero. So, when you make decisionto vote, ask yourself, who understands the economics of business ownership and who doesn't?Whose policies will endanger your job? Answer those questions and you should know who mightbe the one capable of saving your job. While the media wants to tell you "It's the economyStupid" I'm telling you it isn't.If you lose your job, it won't be at the hands of the economy; it will be at the hands of a politicalhurricane that swept through this country, steamrolled the Constitution, and will have changed itslandscape forever. If that happens, you can find me in the South Caribbean sitting on a beach,retired, and with no employees to worry about.Signed, Your boss,
    Michael A. Crowley, PECrowley, Crisp & Associates, Inc.Professional Engineers1906 South Main Street, Suite 122Wake Forest , NC 27587Phone:
    919.562.8860 x22
    Fax:
    -----

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Will the real Ayn Rand please stand up.

I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows.

This—the supremacy of reason—was, is and will be the primary concern of my work, and the essence of Objectivism.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson