The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Akin!!!

Default Todd Akin!!!

About all I have to say is DAMN!!! Is the RNC going to have to vet everything any candidate is going to say?? Just as we may be getting a little traction, somebody has to make a jackass statement like that. There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    About all I have to say is DAMN!!! Is the RNC going to have to vet everything any candidate is going to say?? Just as we may be getting a little traction, somebody has to make a jackass statement like that. There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!
    he should have his azzz kicked....beating McCaskill should have been a slam dunk and he has managed to screw it up and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...Akin is an idiot
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    he should have his azzz kicked....beating McCaskill should have been a slam dunk and he has managed to screw it up and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...Akin is an idiot
    Could we refer to that as "pulling a Biden"? I think that the RNC should say "well, someone once said that there is a jackass in every crowd, and now we know who ours is"!

Really makes me want to just go out in the monte and scream!
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

There's one senate seat we are sure to lose now!!!

You sure about that? It'll hurt and help him. He's motivating the base.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

what base ? he survived the run off by getting a measley 36%, this is the Sharron Angle saga all over again, a marginal candidate that catered to a fringe of the Party...you have everyone from Sarah P. to Mitt to the talking heads asking for him to drop out, so which base is he motivating...not buying it ....He will be a pariah within the pariah, NO ONE wants to be associated with him, and EVERYONE is trying like heck to attach him to the R&R ticket

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Motivating the base and making everyone else think you are 1. dumb as a stick or 2. completely culturally tone deaf, is no way to win an election. This motivating the base stuff may be great for the primaries, but in the general election, you better be able to build a consensus and I personally love what Newt said about that in one of his lectures. He named several so called Republican positions that are actually about 75-85% positions across the electorate and suggested that our candidates should "stand by those issues and smile".

In this general election, no republican should say anything about abortion. No smart conservative should ask the candidates their positions at this point, and the folks running certainly should not volunteer information. Talk about the economy, talk about job creation, talk about fuel prices, and so on. Stay away from abortion, immigration, etc. Stay on topic. Pols seem to indicate that the economy is the most important issue so grab it, hang on, and stay on topic, stay on topic, stay on topic!!!
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Todd Akin is on topic. Have any of you read the party platform that will be presented next week? The Dems have this one by the tail and ain't letting go. Mitt may have to do something bold to pull this one out cause the Dems won't let the issue go away. Not with attacks on Planned Parenthood and the preceived attacks on birth control. Repubs have painted themselves clearly in the corner!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

He should have stepped down today. I understood that it was possible but it seems he did not. Has he never read about all the the women impregnated by enemy troops during world war 2. Where's the duct tape ?
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Motivating the base and making everyone else think you are 1. dumb as a stick or 2. completely culturally tone deaf, is no way to win an election. This motivating the base stuff may be great for the primaries, but in the general election, you better be able to build a consensus and I personally love what Newt said about that in one of his lectures. He named several so called Republican positions that are actually about 75-85% positions across the electorate and suggested that our candidates should "stand by those issues and smile".

In this general election, no republican should say anything about abortion. No smart conservative should ask the candidates their positions at this point, and the folks running certainly should not volunteer information. Talk about the economy, talk about job creation, talk about fuel prices, and so on. Stay away from abortion, immigration, etc. Stay on topic. Pols seem to indicate that the economy is the most important issue so grab it, hang on, and stay on topic, stay on topic, stay on topic!!!

That is the winning strategy right there....let the numbers speak volumes about this admin being inept....gas is higher again,unemployment, housing....the economy is where thsi should be won or lost

this dill hole will not drop out of the race.
    seems like Ron White, is right.
    you cant fix stupid!
    hope that state spots the other repub in the race
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin