The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Akin!!!

I watched an interview of him this morning. When asked if what he said was a mistake then what was he really trying to say. Akin didn't answer the question.

He is saying that he used one wrong word, legimate. Sadly he is on a Science committee and unfortunately I think there are many people out there that belive what he said was true.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.

what he said is no different than what the crazy liberal whoopi goldberg said a few years ago about the difference between "rape" and "rape rape". He is under scrutiny more because he is a politician, but he says that at the end of the day he is mainly concerned with the life of the child. I think he is a bit crazy but i am in the same theological camp as he is that believes God is completely sovereign and never says woops. There is not a happy answer to this one way or the other. Akin, while defending the rights of the child, was insensitive to the situation and the victim that brought the child into being.

First, I think what he said was completely stupid and think he should step down just because anyone that would say something so dumb while running for office probably isn't smart enough to be making decisions required of a Senator. (although if being smart were required I'm not sure how many would be left).
    I saw more of the interview this morning, he was asked how he could defend his stance on no abortion, even in cases of rape. His answer(whether you agree with his opinion or not) should have been more along the lines of, " I believe that abortion is murder, no matter how tragic the circumstances of conception, it is still a life". Instead he just got stupid. When he said, "legitimate rape", I'm certain he wasn't saying that there is illegitimate rape. He believes that the stresses of rape would prevent pregnancy, and that women could use it as an excuse to get an abortion even if they hadn't "legitimately" been raped.
    I have heard that reasoning for years so it isn't something he came up with on his own.
    Again, I want to clarify that I think he is stupid and should step down, just trying to make some kind of sense as to what the heck he could have been thinking.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

He may win look at Scott Walker everybody wanted him out to. He's stupid if he believes what he said but there are alot of stupid people in the WH that say Dumb things everyday no one calls for them to resign.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    First, I think what he said was completely stupid and think he should step down just because anyone that would say something so dumb while running for office probably isn't smart enough to be making decisions required of a Senator. (although if being smart were required I'm not sure how many would be left).
    I saw more of the interview this morning, he was asked how he could defend his stance on no abortion, even in cases of rape. His answer(whether you agree with his opinion or not) should have been more along the lines of, " I believe that abortion is murder, no matter how tragic the circumstances of conception, it is still a life". Instead he just got stupid. When he said, "legitimate rape", I'm certain he wasn't saying that there is illegitimate rape. He believes that the stresses of rape would prevent pregnancy, and that women could use it as an excuse to get an abortion even if they hadn't "legitimately" been raped.
    I have heard that reasoning for years so it isn't something he came up with on his own.
    Again, I want to clarify that I think he is stupid and should step down, just trying to make some kind of sense as to what the heck he could have been thinking.
    He also apologized for his poor choice of words. Still stupid, but at least he apologized for his choice of words, and still stood by his belief on right to life.

With all this talk about Akin's choice of words, hardly a murmur about the MN Democrat who admitted to a rest stop, sexual liaison with a 17 yr old boy. D's are also asking him to step down. He is not being prosecuted because the boy was over the age of 16 (I guess in some states that "legal" age might be 18?) Forget about the same-sex thing ... I'm more concerned about the age of the "partner". This sounds like someone who is just one step away from pedophilia.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Heck, we have a president that thinks he has been to 57 states with 1 more to go...
    Bill Davis

Didn't Senator Al Franken used joke about rape on Saturday Night Live?

Curiously, he's been campaigning for the Obama-Biden ticket without comment from women's groups, the DNC, or for that matter....Obama or Biden.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Didn't Senator Al Franken used joke about rape on Saturday Night Live?

Curiously, he's been campaigning for the Obama-Biden ticket without comment from women's groups, the DNC, or for that matter....Obama or Biden.

Senator Famous for Joking About Rape Campaigns for Obama, Biden
    12:29 PM, Aug 23, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPERSingle Page

Earlier this week, Senator Al Franken of Minnesota joined Vice President Joe Biden for a campaign event in Minnesota.

"Biden got plenty of support from Minnesota Democrats," PostBulletin.com reports. "Sen. Al Franken praised Obama for pushing the health care law, saying it will help more seniors get help paying for prescriptions and will ensure Medicare's solvency for an additional eight years."

But before Franken was a senator he was a writer on the TV show Saturday Night Live. Then, he famously joked about raping CBS reporter Lesley Stahl.

As New York magazine reported in 1995, from a writing session that the reporter sat in on:

Franken: “And, ‘I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ Or, ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.’ Or, ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”With the national conversation now turning to women's issues as a result of the bizarre and offensive comments by Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin over the weekend, it seems a bit odd that Vice President Biden would take the stage with Franken, considering his own lack of sensitivity to the horrors of rape.
    Hypocrisy?????
    Stan b & Elvis

Your side screws up royally and you find a way to make it Obama's fault.....Obviously there is no confidence on your side of the isle.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Your side screws up royally and you find a way to make it Obama's fault.....Obviously there is no confidence on your side of the isle.
    No sambo, "my side" didn't screw up.

A guy that is a member of the Republican party made a terrible mistake and your side is trying desperately to use it to change the conversation away from Obama's record.

In those efforts, your hypocrisy is made more apparent.

But that's all OK with you, because you feel it's right!!!!!

Pathetic............

BTW--This "screw up" pales in comparison to what Obama has done to America..........get my drift???
    Stan b & Elvis