The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Akin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    He wasn't in 1995 when he was writing for SNL which is a comedy show unlike running for the Senate which isn't. There is an old saying about wrestling with a pig. 'Nuff said.
    The Left side proved it was a total joke when they let Al Franken take a seat...

And they had to steal the votes to do it.
    Last edited by huntinman; 08-23-2012 at 05:14 PM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    did you mean this

conĚsenĚsuĚal (kn-snsh-l)
    adj.
    1. Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
    a. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.
    b. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
    3. Physiology
    a. Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.
    b. Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.

he doesn't know.
    Bill Davis

Yep.........

No. An SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate. Big difference, huge.
    Perhaps you can tell us just when rape is and is not a joke?

Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin?

I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

See what I mean. You just LIKE to argue.
    Perhaps, that is what we do here, but remember the arguments are "Consential!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Perhaps, that is what we do here, but remember the arguments are "Consential!!!"
    I thought that was what this forum was for...........arguments ! Personally I like an interesting, spirited, argument.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Perhaps you can tell us just when rape is and is not a joke?

Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.

I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.
    Over the years SNL has offered comedic skits and satire, often in bad taste. One can choose to watch it or not. I do not.
    Statements made by candidates for public office are given much closer scrutiny, and taken seriously, as they should be. I'm sure a search of the public record would reveal many, many cases of candidates and those already elected making spurious, inappropriate and down right stupid remarks, from both sides.
    Who knows, one day Leno or Letterman or Beck may run for public office, (weirder things have happened, Reagan, Swartzenegger (sp) Ventura)? Even the messiah Romney now contradicts himself...
    I think the righties trying to latch on to Franken's past, as well as Clinton's, as hypocrisy is grasping at straws.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

I'm sure a search of the public record would reveal many, many cases of candidates and those already elected making spurious, inappropriate and down right stupid remarks, from both sides.

Even the messiah Romney now contradicts himself...

Whereas I agree with the first statement, if there any messianic figure in this race it would have to be the current occupant of the white house.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    .....I was taught that rape is never a joke but apparently that's just me.
    I'm standing with Eric.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Both Romney and Obama have publicly said that Akin's comments were inappropriate. So, shouldn't we consider this particular "issue" (if it ever was one) a "wash" for voting preferences?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.