The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Todd Akin!!!

The republican only wish they could call this a wash....it keeps happening and happening. Years ago we had a republican with a double digit lead for governor, and in an interview he said a women should lay there and act as if she was enjoying it. He lost by double digits.

The point is that many republicans are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    The republican only wish they could call this a wash....it keeps happening and happening. Years ago we had a republican with a double digit lead for governor, and in an interview he said a women should lay there and act as if she was enjoying it. He lost by double digits.

The point is that many republicans are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK
    Care to back that up with facts? Or is it more of your usual BS?
    Bill Davis

So Akin should lose? Maybe he should. But that has nothing to do with Romney/Obama.

And even if there are Rs who are "not sensitive to others", it does not appear that Romney is in agreement with Akin, so what's the point in ascribing the views of Akin to Romney?

I promise to "THINK" ... if you will promise to do the same.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

There you go again making GENERALIZATIONS about a group of people
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

a quick (although UN scientific) poll amongst my girl friends (asked whether Akin has an affect on their vote)....

"We will vote Romeny/Ryan regardless of what some other idiot in another state says. R&R didn't say it and the guy who did is NOT running for President. We do not think the Republicans are waging a war against women. We think the Dems believe we are stupid or something and we are tired of being lumped into one "group" as if we cannot think for ourselves.
    Besides that...Paul Ryan is a Hottie.!!"
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

"The point is that many Politicians are not sensitive to others. In other words, before you speak out of your a<<.....THINK "
    Biden should take that advice, as Should Obama. All politicians will offend someone at some point as will most people.
    People need to toughen up.

I do not agree with what Akin said though.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Mr. JDogger-

>Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? (Your words)As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.<

It has now come to light that Franken has at least made homophobic remarks if indeed he is not a homophobe ... as well as a rapist humorist. Yet the democrats got behind his election and are poo-pooing his remarks while pointing at Akin's. There's the rub.....the Republicans have requested, repeatedly, that Akin withdraw from the race. The dems just kept promoting Franken. See the difference?
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Sambo, Sambo, Sambo since you tend to overgeneralize with your posts like many republicans are not sensitive to others, instead of "some" is like me saying that all liberals are ignorant instead of most, wait I mean some.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Mr. JDogger-

>Since Franken was both an SNL writer and a Senatorial candidate, is he held to a lower standard than is Akin? (Your words)As a SNL writer/satirist yes, as a Senatorial candidate no.<

It has now come to light that Franken has at least made homophobic remarks if indeed he is not a homophobe ... as well as a rapist humorist. Yet the democrats got behind his election and are poo-pooing his remarks while pointing at Akin's. There's the rub.....the Republicans have requested, repeatedly, that Akin withdraw from the race. The dems just kept promoting Franken. See the difference?
    I did not like Franken as a humorist and do not care for him as a politician. I disagree with Akins remarks, but since I reside neither in Minnesota nor Missouri it's a moot point. What other people think or say about them is their choice.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

.................................................. ..........................................

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry but I just got to say it. "many men are not sensitive to others" ( of course the same can be said of women ). So what is the point since both "sides" have these kinds of people opening their mouths and letting things leak out that are dumb. Pick and choose who you vote for, not the party line.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~