The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Default I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Romney and all his other deferment buddies, like Cheney...

Monday, at a press event in California before the GOP primary in that state, former Gov. Mitt Romney was asked about his support of United States military involvement overseas. He was pleased to answer the question...

“We are the most powerful nation in the world, and it is our responsibility to make sure we protect all of our interests both here and abroad. This helps protect each and every freedom that has been fought for and won over the centuries of our nation’s existence. We will do what we have to in regard to strengthening our allied relationships, as well as letting our enemies know we do not intend to back down. We will stay the course of freedom at all costs. That is what our founders would have wanted.”
    Yes, I'm sure this is what our founders would have wanted.

The next question asked went as follows,
    “Governor Romney, it is true, is it not that you had four deferments from the Vietnam War… You have said before that you support war and the efforts of US military involvement overseas at all costs, yet you made sure you would never go to war yourself. What makes you think that veterans and those currently serving in the military think that you have their best interests at heart when you yourself weren’t even interested in sacrificing your time, energy, or life for your nation at a time when it seemed most crucial?”

Romney responded:“That’s a good question, young man, and I would be happy to answer it. The Vietnam War came at a time in my life when I had other plans. I knew in my heart of hearts that I would one day serve my nation. That I would one day hold an office that would help not only our nation, but also the world. So I did what I could to make sure that I would be around to serve my nation, as well as serving God by teaching very important religious principles to a broader audience overseas. My father did not want me serving, and he convinced me that yes, I was too important to go to Vietnam. I had a greater purpose in life. I wasn’t neglecting my nation, but rather preparing myself for a future of service.”
    An onlooker that seemingly was a Vietnam veteran shouted,
    “Fuck you, Romney! You wouldn’t know service if it bit you on your well manicured ass.”

To which Romney responded,
    “Please don’t be testy, my friend. I did what I did for you, and I thank you for your service as well.”

That same veteran responded,
    “You only served yourself, you jackass. You could’ve served your nation even if your draft number wasn’t called… but you didn’t… you chose to serve yourself instead. Thanks for revealing your true colors.”
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I call Bravo Sierra!!!!
    (hey Buzz, ya might wanna do your snopes thing )
    Stan b & Elvis

Obama didn't serve in the military either . Maybe thats why he thinks its ok to leak classified information that puts the men and women serving in danger. He should spent more time in Afghanistan instead of hanging out with Justin beiber and George Clooney.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

OK, so I was had... I guess that puts me in good company around here.

I do have to wonder why a guy how vocally supported the war went out and got 4 deferments though.

It was important that other people fight it I guess.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

And your messiah's military record is?

And why did your messiah increase troops in Afghanistan?
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Correct, the story does not pass the smell test but, it does bring up an interesting take on Obama and Romney. Neither one is in any hurry to end our involvement with A'stan and Iraq. International banking and internal political pressure doesn't want us out. Yet, all Obama would have to do is order the safe withdrawal of our troops.

Yet, my man Ron Paul who served as an officer and Military Doctor in the U S AirForce opposes our continued involvement in these two lost causes! I guess it takes a military man to know the difference between politics and keeping Americans safe
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

The next question asked went as follows,
    “Governor Romney, it is true, is it not that you had four deferments from the Vietnam War… You have said before that you support war and the efforts of US military involvement overseas at all costs, yet you made sure you would never go to war yourself. What makes you think that veterans and those currently serving in the military think that you have their best interests at heart when you yourself weren’t even interested in sacrificing your time, energy, or life for your nation at a time when it seemed most crucial?”

Romney responded:“That’s a good question, young man, and I would be happy to answer it. The Vietnam War came at a time in my life when I had other plans. I knew in my heart of hearts that I would one day serve my nation. That I would one day hold an office that would help not only our nation, but also the world. So I did what I could to make sure that I would be around to serve my nation, as well as serving God by teaching very important religious principles to a broader audience overseas. My father did not want me serving, and he convinced me that yes, I was too important to go to Vietnam. I had a greater purpose in life. I wasn’t neglecting my nation, but rather preparing myself for a future of service.”
    An onlooker that seemingly was a Vietnam veteran shouted,
    “Fuck you, Romney! You wouldn’t know service if it bit you on your well manicured ass.”

To which Romney responded,
    “Please don’t be testy, my friend. I did what I did for you, and I thank you for your service as well.”

That same veteran responded,
    “You only served yourself, you jackass. You could’ve served your nation even if your draft number wasn’t called… but you didn’t… you chose to serve yourself instead. Thanks for revealing your true colors.”

The sad part about this whole post is some intellectually challenge schmo will read this, believe it and pass it on to all his mentally challenged friends and the whole thing goes viral until it makes it on MSNBC as the lead story. By then it is true and really happened because the news media said so.

My opinion

Richard

Hey Buzz, tell us all the great things Clinton and Obama did for the military... I won't hold my breath.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Hey Buzz, tell us all the great things Clinton and Obama did for the military... I won't hold my breath.
    I must have missed it. Did Clinton and Obama protest the vietnam protesters like Mitt did?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...leader/?page=8

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I must have missed it. Did Clinton and Obama protest the vietnam protesters like Mitt did?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...leader/?page=8

I hope nobody drags up some of the stuff I did in Viet Nam or the 70's.

Just sayin'.........
    Stan b & Elvis