The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    The same might have been said about the Kennedy dynasty.
    JFK lost his older brother Joe in WW2. I'm not to sure abut Bobby's and Teddy's service. PT109, still a good movie to watch.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

If being in the military were the litmus test on whether or not someone was qualified to be President then John McCain would be POTUS not BHO....I sure as heck didnt want Colin Powell or Wesley Clark as our President, now Stormin Norman S might have been one heck of a POTUS
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Romney was born on March 12, 1947. When the draft was changed to the lottery, his birth year was included in the first lottery. His drawn number was 300 of of 366. The highest lottery number that was called to service during Romney's year was 195. In short, all the talk about Romney avoiding the draft is codswallop.

Now on the subject of Ron Paul. Representative Paul got a government grant(!) to attend medical school. Upon completion, he appears to have entered the USAF under what was called the Berry plan. What was required of him was 2 years of active service and 3 years of guard or reserve or 3 years of active service. His was a 2 year active stint. As I recall, no, repeat, no physician entering the USAF as a 2 year Berry plan doc went to VN. Some 3 year folks did but not the two year ones. Heck, it took the first two year tour to learn they couldn't salute with the left hand. Seriously, taking physicians into the Air Force was a major "socialization" problem. It took two years to get that accomplished and to get the ascension (grant, travel, and training) costs covered.

Didn't Clinton actively avoid the service by some chicanery regarding the ROTC at U of Ark.
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 08-22-2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

So buzz posts a LIE, knows its a LIE, but keeps the post up. Super classy there buzz. I have zero respect for people like you. Then there are people like poor Murral that can't comprehend that it is a LIE and keep repeating it as true.
    Typical dim debate techniques. Can't win so you just keep making shit up to fit your agenda until the sheeple get in line behind you.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Didn't Clinton actively avoid the service by some chicanery regarding the ROTC at U of Ark.
    Yes he did, he took a College deferment, it was a major focus during the election, just Google "Clinton draft dodger" and you'll get about 12,000 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    So buzz posts a LIE, knows its a LIE, but keeps the post up. Super classy there buzz. I have zero respect for people like you. Then there are people like poor Murral that can't comprehend that it is a LIE and keep repeating it as true.
    Typical dim debate techniques. Can't win so you just keep making shit up to fit your agenda until the sheeple get in line behind you.
    I remember years ago, in a very similar case when 'Joe S' "quoted" a couple of his moron minions and replied......"Your not helping". I can only assume an educated Buzz must enjoy the fact he can post a lie and then watch a couple of fools run with the baton.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I guess it takes a military man to know the difference between politics and keeping Americans safe
    ^THIS^

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    Buzz, have you served in the military?
    Rhetorical? I think we all know the answer to that.

You guys should have figured out by now that when you call these foolish, hypocritical, left-wing nut-jobs out they run and hide. They seldom answer any question with a rational response.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Ever since they reworked the website...my computer messes...have you noticed I don't copy quotes...so I'm sorry At home I don't have this problem
    mine too. I have reported the issue to chris. nothing has been fixed. blamed it on my browsers, all 3 of them.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    As the youngbloods say today....."BAM.....headshot!!!!"
    Stan b & Elvis