The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    If you haven't served, my opinion is you don't have the right to denigrate those who have, nor those who have not.

Edit: While you have the legal right, my opinion is you don't have the moral right. (Apparently, the use of the word "right" created some confusion....)
    Did you serve, and if so in what capacity? By the way, I think your arguement holds no water. See, that's the great thing about the United States, we have free speech, which if you served, is one of the things you would have protected. I asked in what capacity because using your thought process, if you were rear echelon, then you really couldn't give your opinion on combat matters, just like I shouldn't give my opinion on how rear echelon does things, right? Buzz has every right to question anyone running for office about anything he feels important to him, without having his service record, or lack of one called into question. I think morally(using your word), we all have a duty to find out everything we can about a person that wants to hold the highest office in our land and control our armed forces. The only mistake our forefathers made when forming this country was not making it mandatory for the president to have served in the miltary.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Yes I did Clay... Air Force 1980-1985. Got out in Alaska. Spent 21 years there. Wouldn't be in this debate if I didn't.
    Why not? Just because we did serve, doesn't make us the supreme all knowing being that some people think it does. Yea, it gives us more knowledge about all things military, but doesn't give us the right to shit on people that didn't serve and say their opinion isn't worth anything.

And before anyone asks, I did serve, 88-93, US Army.
    Last edited by Clay Rogers; 08-28-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown