The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 72

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

  1. #41
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    As the youngbloods say today....."BAM.....headshot!!!!"

    I admitted that I had been had. I thought of removing the thread, but then I stopped and thought about it. I have been posting up links to snopes to the BS that many here like UB have been posting for years. Never once have I ever seen anyone admit that what they posted was BS, let alone remove the thread, so I said screw it. I admitted it was BS, if some moron can't read two or three posts down from the original and figure it out, it's not my problem.

    At least I'm not supporting a candidate who is a serial liar. Romney is basing his entire campaign on lies. First he comes out with an ad with Obama stating that "we can't talk about the economy or we lose." Oops, they forgot to include the part where it is clear the he was quoting McCain. Then he comes up with the "you didn't build that" BS. From the context it is clear that he was talking about the infrastructure that makes this a country that the motivated can be successful in, but no, liar in chief claims that he said that you didn't build your business. Then he tells another bald faced lie, saying the Obama gutted work requirements in welfare reform when all he did was give states the right to get deferments from certain requirements in order to institute more effective efforts to get people off of the dole and into the workforce. Something by the way that conservatives had been asking for. Then he comes out with the whopper that Obama is gutting medicare, implying that he is taking $700 billion out of the program and that seniors will pay with less coverage. The fact is the savings comes from cuts to the medicare advantage program which has proved to be much more expensive than the traditional fee for service, and from negotiating reductions in reimbursement to hospitals and providers. Romney implies that "putting that $700 billion back in" will help seniors, when in fact it will bankrupt the program sooner. The truth is exactly opposite of what your guy is saying.

    So, save the overblown indignation. I'm threw with this place. Have a good life...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  2. #42
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I admitted that I had been had. I thought of removing the thread, but then I stopped and thought about it. I have been posting up links to snopes to the BS that many here like UB have been posting for years. Never once have I ever seen anyone admit that what they posted was BS, let alone remove the thread, so I said screw it. I admitted it was BS, if some moron can't read two or three posts down from the original and figure it out, it's not my problem.

    At least I'm not supporting a candidate who is a serial liar. Romney is basing his entire campaign on lies. First he comes out with an ad with Obama stating that "we can't talk about the economy or we lose." Oops, they forgot to include the part where it is clear the he was quoting McCain. Then he comes up with the "you didn't build that" BS. From the context it is clear that he was talking about the infrastructure that makes this a country that the motivated can be successful in, but no, liar in chief claims that he said that you didn't build your business. Then he tells another bald faced lie, saying the Obama gutted work requirements in welfare reform when all he did was give states the right to get deferments from certain requirements in order to institute more effective efforts to get people off of the dole and into the workforce. Something by the way that conservatives had been asking for. Then he comes out with the whopper that Obama is gutting medicare, implying that he is taking $700 billion out of the program and that seniors will pay with less coverage. The fact is the savings comes from cuts to the medicare advantage program which has proved to be much more expensive than the traditional fee for service, and from negotiating reductions in reimbursement to hospitals and providers. Romney implies that "putting that $700 billion back in" will help seniors, when in fact it will bankrupt the program sooner. The truth is exactly opposite of what your guy is saying.

    So, save the overblown indignation. I'm threw with this place. Have a good life...
    you still didn't answer the question posed... did you ever serve in the military Buzz??

    oh... its through... not threw...
    Bill Davis

  3. #43
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I admitted that I had been had. I thought of removing the thread, but then I stopped and thought about it. I have been posting up links to snopes to the BS that many here like UB have been posting for years. Never once have I ever seen anyone admit that what they posted was BS, let alone remove the thread, so I said screw it. I admitted it was BS, if some moron can't read two or three posts down from the original and figure it out, it's not my problem.

    At least I'm not supporting a candidate who is a serial liar. Romney is basing his entire campaign on lies. First he comes out with an ad with Obama stating that "we can't talk about the economy or we lose." Oops, they forgot to include the part where it is clear the he was quoting McCain. Then he comes up with the "you didn't build that" BS. From the context it is clear that he was talking about the infrastructure that makes this a country that the motivated can be successful in, but no, liar in chief claims that he said that you didn't build your business. Then he tells another bald faced lie, saying the Obama gutted work requirements in welfare reform when all he did was give states the right to get deferments from certain requirements in order to institute more effective efforts to get people off of the dole and into the workforce. Something by the way that conservatives had been asking for. Then he comes out with the whopper that Obama is gutting medicare, implying that he is taking $700 billion out of the program and that seniors will pay with less coverage. The fact is the savings comes from cuts to the medicare advantage program which has proved to be much more expensive than the traditional fee for service, and from negotiating reductions in reimbursement to hospitals and providers. Romney implies that "putting that $700 billion back in" will help seniors, when in fact it will bankrupt the program sooner. The truth is exactly opposite of what your guy is saying.

    So, save the overblown indignation. I'm threw with this place. Have a good life...
    Hey Buzz, that is not entirely true.

    I posted something once in a hurry and you snopesed it.
    I admitted I didn't check it and apologized.
    Big deal Dude, get over it!!

    Please Mr Buzz, don't go away, I enjoy your stuff!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #44
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    DNF used to do that once a week, remember? he'll be back...
    Bill Davis

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    As I recall Uncle Bill got caught doing that also, don't remember him pulling the post. I don't remember the outrage.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,125

    Default

    Buzz, the place needs your balance! At least you provide substance with your counterpoints.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

  7. #47
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,204

    Default

    When someone says they are going to take their ball and go home they are usually looking to see who will beg them to stay. I say if you want to go, go. If you want to stay, stay. Never really believed in threats. Just do what you are going to do.
    Bill Davis

  8. #48
    Senior Member achiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    2,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    As I recall Uncle Bill got caught doing that also, don't remember him pulling the post. I don't remember the outrage.
    [inthegoofiestmonstervoiceicanmuster]IT'S BUSH'S FAULT! HE DID IT FIRST! BLAH BLAH WAH WAH
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

  9. #49
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I admitted that I had been had. I thought of removing the thread, but then I stopped and thought about it. I have been posting up links to snopes to the BS that many here like UB have been posting for years. Never once have I ever seen anyone admit that what they posted was BS, let alone remove the thread, so I said screw it. I admitted it was BS, if some moron can't read two or three posts down from the original and figure it out, it's not my problem.

    At least I'm not supporting a candidate who is a serial liar. Romney is basing his entire campaign on lies. First he comes out with an ad with Obama stating that "we can't talk about the economy or we lose." Oops, they forgot to include the part where it is clear the he was quoting McCain. Then he comes up with the "you didn't build that" BS. From the context it is clear that he was talking about the infrastructure that makes this a country that the motivated can be successful in, but no, liar in chief claims that he said that you didn't build your business. Then he tells another bald faced lie, saying the Obama gutted work requirements in welfare reform when all he did was give states the right to get deferments from certain requirements in order to institute more effective efforts to get people off of the dole and into the workforce. Something by the way that conservatives had been asking for. Then he comes out with the whopper that Obama is gutting medicare, implying that he is taking $700 billion out of the program and that seniors will pay with less coverage. The fact is the savings comes from cuts to the medicare advantage program which has proved to be much more expensive than the traditional fee for service, and from negotiating reductions in reimbursement to hospitals and providers. Romney implies that "putting that $700 billion back in" will help seniors, when in fact it will bankrupt the program sooner. The truth is exactly opposite of what your guy is saying.

    So, save the overblown indignation. I'm threw with this place. Have a good life...

    Wow Buzz...used to have respect for you, may not have agreed with you politically, but respected your right to a different opinion....never seen you stoop to this level...

    whatever deep seated hatred you have for all things Republican is up to you
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    [inthegoofiestmonstervoiceicanmuster]IT'S BUSH'S FAULT! HE DID IT FIRST! BLAH BLAH WAH WAH
    Achiro, it's comments like that is why the POTUS forum is so amusing to me, Uncle Bill and Buzz can post the same type of made up crap about each others candidate, yet one is a hero and one is the devil depending on what side of the aisle you fall, and when he can't justify your words all you can come up with is "blah blah wah wah".

    So buzz posts a LIE, knows its a LIE, but keeps the post up. Super classy there buzz. I have zero respect for people like you. Then there are people like poor Murral that can't comprehend that it is a LIE and keep repeating it as true.
    Typical dim debate techniques. Can't win so you just keep making shit up to fit your agenda until the sheeple get in line behind you.
    You have Zero respect for Buzz because of his views, not because of this post, otherwise you would have to have zero respect for Uncle Bill cause he does the exact same thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •