The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Achiro, it's comments like that is why the POTUS forum is so amusing to me, Uncle Bill and Buzz can post the same type of made up crap about each others candidate, yet one is a hero and one is the devil depending on what side of the aisle you fall, and when he can't justify your words all you can come up with is "blah blah wah wah".

You have Zero respect for Buzz because of his views, not because of this post, otherwise you would have to have zero respect for Uncle Bill cause he does the exact same thing.
    OR maybe I've never read one of UBs posts because I usually try to stay away from POTUS. I was just feeling feisty and wanted to come play for a couple of days.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    OR maybe I've never read one of UBs posts because I usually try to stay away from POTUS. I was just feeling feisty and wanted to come play for a couple of days.
    welcom to POTUS... there's no such thing as jus' hangin' out around here...... and hopefully you have thick skin, these fellas don't normally hold any punches... see poor sambo's attempt at spelling consensual on the next thread..... he will be punished for years..... LOL!!!

be careful.... it sucks you in and the next thing you know..... WHAM .... ur POTUS'd.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Sorry that was probably the case, on here it seems like its a common theme where guys post up stuff without checking their facts, both sides seem to be equally guilty of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Wow Buzz...used to have respect for you, may not have agreed with you politically, but respected your right to a different opinion....never seen you stoop to this level...

whatever deep seated hatred you have for all things Republican is up to you
    I've noticed that Buzz has been much pissier (is that a word) around here lately. I find it interesting that Buzz is so pissed about the lies from the right when his side is doing it as well with more attack ads that consist of solely lies than Romney the last time I saw a count of them. I'm not sure what Buzz's hatred for Romney is more so than other candidates but it is clearly something other than the "lying" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Covey View Post
    I've noticed that Buzz has been much pissier (is that a word) around here lately. I find it interesting that Buzz is so pissed about the lies from the right when his side is doing it as well with more attack ads that consist of solely lies than Romney the last time I saw a count of them. I'm not sure what Buzz's hatred for Romney is more so than other candidates but it is clearly something other than the "lying" issue.
    He, like the other libs are starting to see the writing on the wall. They are starting to think their boy might lose... and they don't like it... makes them a little grouchy...
    Bill Davis

Achiro, it's comments like that is why the POTUS forum is so amusing to me, Uncle Bill and Buzz can post the same type of made up crap about each others candidate, yet one is a hero and one is the devil depending on what side of the aisle you fall, and when he can't justify your words all you can come up with is "blah blah wah wah".

You have Zero respect for Buzz because of his views, not because of this post, otherwise you would have to have zero respect for Uncle Bill cause he does the exact same thing.

who is calling UB a hero...I get the same type of emails from the same sources that UB does along with some passed along by on of my more extreme conservative family members...I give them the same attention before depositing them in the proper receptacle....there are many ways to get the facts and most of them are not on internet chat boards

disclaimer : I just like everyone else on here has been guilty of posting less than factual political info, How you defend those posts and own up to them speaks more about your beliefs in those posts
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    who is calling UB a hero...I get the same type of emails from the same sources that UB does along with some passed along by on of my more extreme conservative family members...I give them the same attention before depositing them in the proper receptacle....there are many ways to get the facts and most of them are not on internet chat boards

disclaimer : I just like everyone else on here has been guilty of posting less than factual political info, How you defend those posts and own up to them speaks more about your beliefs in those posts
    Well said.

It is not an issue of UB or Buzz being duped by an e-mail.....that's happened to most. Buzz recognized and admitted the error within a couple of posts so no big deal...... allowing a couple of addlepated devotees to continue with faulty information for an additional 5 pages is where it becomes questionable.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    mine too. I have reported the issue to chris. nothing has been fixed. blamed it on my browsers, all 3 of them.
    Have you tried the "go advanced" button ? That works for me since the other one doesn't work at times.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Romney was exempt under student status and he had a high draft lottery number
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )