The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I was too important to go to Vietnam!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLandR View Post
    Buzz, have you served in the military?
    What has that got to do with anything?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    What has that got to do with anything?
    Because Buzz was questioning Romneys military service... Fair question.
    Bill Davis

If you haven't served, my opinion is you don't have the right to denigrate those who have, nor those who have not.

Edit: While you have the legal right, my opinion is you don't have the moral right. (Apparently, the use of the word "right" created some confusion....)
    Gotta be one of the dumbest statements ever on POTUS...........and thats saying a lot!!!

I apply it equally to all parties, unlike most on here who are too blinded by their allegiance to one side or the other.

Kind of goes along with if you didn't vote, don't complain.
    Who cares who you apply it to? You can make as many arguments as you want and I ain't buying any excuse to restrict 1st Am right of any citizen or class of citizens for any reason.

By your "LOGIC" if I go to a restaurant and get a burnt steak then I shouldn't be allowed to criticize the cook, if I've never been a cook before. Likewise I guess you would say the parents of the soldiers killed in A'stan today , allegedly by "friendly US trained A;stan security personnel that were alienated by the Koran burning US soldiers: ' that unless they were veterans that they had no right to criticize those involved

Carried to its "logical" conclusion, unless your real name is Bush, Carter, or Clinton then you should'nt be on POTUS criticizing the POTUS, since you have never been the POTUS.

Seems "LOGICAL" to me3. NOT!!!

so, what's your real name?

Anyway, as I said, I wasn't referring to restricting a legal right. I said in my opinion, you have no moral right to call someone out for something you yourself have not done. Lots of things are legal that aren't moral. Do you need a civics lesson, too?

By the way, I've seen some of your posts, and I think you really take the cake for dumbest post when you compared a truly conservative person to Alec Baldwin. That was funny.
    My real name is Marc Healey. Im an attorney which may explain my confusion on "Moral" matters. Any sign of morality results in immediate expulsion from law school.

So its your position that in the examples of the restaurant and the parents of the dead soldiers that it would be morally wrong to question the actors unless the diner had been a cook and the parents had been soldiers?

If a LEO did something stupid and killed an innocent loved one of yours; would you feel compelled by your "morality" to not question the LEO's irrational stupid behavior; unless you have a LEO background? REALLY??

I differ from you in that I see no moral or legal problem with questioning either the cook, the soldiers, or thje LEO" regardless of whether or not I had ever had that job. Furthermore in the case of the soldier or the LEO, or any profession that is granted the authority to use deadly force; I almost feel that we have a duty to criticize when they act incorrectly, resulting in the killing or maiming of innocent people. Maybe thats just me.

Now if you feel I need a civics lesson then I'm all ears Professor. When do classes start?

Before we start the classes please send me a syllabus. Highlight the part that explains how a Civics class would be the academic venue to resolve the interplay between legality, morality & ethics Also will this class explain that none of us can morally be on POTUS criticizing the POTUS' unless like you they are one of our 4 surviving past POTUS's?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    My real name is Marc Healey. Im an attorney which may explain my confusion on "Moral" matters. Any sign of morality results in immediate expulsion from law school.

So its your position that in the examples of the restaurant and the parents of the dead soldiers that it would be morally wrong to question the actors unless the diner had been a cook and the parents had been soldiers?

If a LEO did something stupid and killed an innocent loved one of yours; would you feel compelled by your "morality" to not question the LEO's irrational stupid behavior; unless you have a LEO background? REALLY??

I differ from you in that I see no moral or legal problem with questioning either the cook, the soldiers, or thje LEO" regardless of whether or not I had ever had that job. Furthermore in the case of the soldier or the LEO, or any profession that is granted the authority to use deadly force; I almost feel that we have a duty to criticize when they act incorrectly, resulting in the killing or maiming of innocent people. Maybe thats just me.

Now if you feel I need a civics lesson then I'm all ears Professor. When do classes start?

Before we start the classes please send me a syllabus. Highlight the part that explains how a Civics class would be the academic venue to resolve the interplay between legality, morality & ethics Also will this class explain that none of us can morally be on POTUS criticizing the POTUS' unless like you they are one of our 4 surviving past POTUS's?
    Sounds like something an attorney might say... I'll side with FinnLanndr on this one.
    Bill Davis

so, what's your real name?

Anyway, as I said, I wasn't referring to restricting a legal right. I said in my opinion, you have no moral right to call someone out for something you yourself have not done. Lots of things are legal that aren't moral. Do you need a civics lesson, too?

By the way, I've seen some of your posts, and I think you really take the cake for dumbest post when you compared a truly conservative person to Alec Baldwin. That was funny.
    Initially I was going to disagree with you, but man it would be nice if the general public wasn't allowed to state a negative opinion about a Police Officer, Serviceman, or a school teacher , unless they had spent an few years in their shoes. I don't believe that will ever happen, but the world would be a much better place if they had your morals.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Sounds like something an attorney might say... I'll side with FinnLanndr on this one.
    Marc guides in my home county - most of the residents at one time were from the heartland of Europe - Those who got a deferment during WW II were shunned - it's not like being a cook or anything of that nature - you give yourself to the government for the betterment of civilization, we all can hope.

To those of us who are veterans, being one is special, though I advocate no special treatment for those who served they did give. In turn, many who did not go also served in some manner.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Because Buzz was questioning Romneys military service... Fair question.
    Did you serve, and if so in what capacity?
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Rogers View Post
    Did you serve, and if so in what capacity?
    Yes I did Clay... Air Force 1980-1985. Got out in Alaska. Spent 21 years there. Wouldn't be in this debate if I didn't.
    Bill Davis