The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Northstar Dog Boxes

Default Northstar Dog Boxes

Hoping to get some feedback about Northstar Dog boxes. I am going to buy a box but not sure which one yet. I like the Molded plastic because it is lighter and easier to move. I suspect it will stay cooler and warmer as it will reflect instead of conduct heat and I think it is a little cheaper. I am looking at a 3 hole slide in that is insulated, has a fan, airing lights, Louvered doors and locks, bottom storage and a 15 gal. pressurized water tank. They gave me a verbal for $3800 new. I know similar boxes with Deerskin, Mountaintop, and Ainley are heavier and more expensive. Just trying to get some feedback from folks that have owned a Northstar and how they liked or disliked it as well as those who own other boxes. I would like to see a Northstar before I make a decision. Any info is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Welkins View Post
    Hoping to get some feedback about Northstar Dog boxes. I am going to buy a box but not sure which one yet. I like the Molded plastic because it is lighter and easier to move. I suspect it will stay cooler and warmer as it will reflect instead of conduct heat and I think it is a little cheaper. I am looking at a 3 hole slide in that is insulated, has a fan, airing lights, Louvered doors and locks, bottom storage and a 15 gal. pressurized water tank. They gave me a verbal for $3800 new. I know similar boxes with Deerskin, Mountaintop, and Ainley are heavier and more expensive. Just trying to get some feedback from folks that have owned a Northstar and how they liked or disliked it as well as those who own other boxes. I would like to see a Northstar before I make a decision. Any info is appreciated.
    The price quoted is not that far off...get a quote from Ainley, you'd be surprised!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

there have been several threads..... scroll down thru the list to you see "northstar"
    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...earchid=649994
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

I just picked a 3 hole up a month ago just as you described. Nice box, good people, and quick delivery. I called everywhere and most were 12-14 weeks out and Northstar did mine in 3 weeks. I had them put a water tank in one of my drawers. The people are great to deal with.
    ENJOY THE JOURNEY!!!

Stay away from them! go Ainley i wish i did!