The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: How many ways can the govt waste money?

Default How many ways can the govt waste money?

It might be kind of interesting to list the many ways govt can downright waste money.

I saw this today ... sorry, it is from Fox News ...
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ermann-maddow/

The Labor Dept spent $500,000 to advertising training programs for "green job training". Primarily the adds were run on the Rachel Maddow and Olberman shows, over a two-month period.

It's unclear how many people might have gotten involved in the green job training program because of the ads. But in terms of direct economic impact, the official online entry on the contract listed zero jobs created as a result of the payment.
    Not surprising that the "stimulus" never performed as expected if this is an example of how money got spent.

According to the Labor Department, the Job Corps committed more than $9 million in stimulus funds toward growing its training program and brought in more than 60,000 students to participate in the process.
    That works out to $15/student. But it must have cost more than $15/student to actually do the training. No mention of how many jobs created. Were there 60,000 jobs for the people they trained?

Just recently, it was reported that there were some stimulus funds that were never used for road/bridge projects. So now they're releasing those funds to various state projects ... that didn't quite fit into the rules of the original disbursement guidelines. Duh? I think they mentioned a bit over $1 billion in funds.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Request for an increase in taxes by an elected republican judge:

What began as a proposed property tax increase to expand the Sheriff’s Office and raise prosecutors’ pay turned into a political melee after Lubbock County Judge Tom Head’s remarks that the county must be prepared to deal with a civil uprising if President Barack Obama is re-elected.

Lubbock’s County Commissioners’ Court recently proposed a property tax increase of 1.7 percent from the current rate, on which the court will vote Sept. 10.

Head and County Commissioner Mark Heinrich appeared Tuesday night on a local television news broadcast to promote the tax increase, when the judge expressed concerns civil unrest of the worst proportions would break out if Obama wins a second term.

“He’s going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?” Head asked.

“I’m thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we’re not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we’re talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy.

“Now what’s going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He’s going to send in U.N. troops. I don’t want ’em in Lubbock County. OK. So I’m going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say ‘you’re not coming in here’."

During Wednesday morning’s public hearing for the proposed tax hike at the Commissioners' Court, Head’s remarks were brought up by Sue Barrick, a research proposal editor at Texas Tech, when she asked what portion of the revenue from the tax increase would be used to “fund the eventuality of a civil war.”
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.