The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Joe Goebbels was a conservative propagandist. He helped usher in and keep the Nazi regime in power by skillfully pushing Big Lies. The Big Lie is most effective when it taps into fear. This is a tactic now employed by GOPper media. Happy Halloween!
    Our News Director went to see it yesterday. He told me that the movie is scaring the daylights out of the old folks. No doubt that scare tactics are an effective form of getting ones message across. Learned a long time ago to NOT let my opinions be managed by fear! May have to go and see for myself today as there is no Football on the tube.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Joe Goebbels was a conservative propagandist. He helped usher in and keep the Nazi regime in power by skillfully pushing Big Lies. The Big Lie is most effective when it taps into fear. This is a tactic now employed by GOPper media. Happy Halloween!
    I think that the D's have been more active in using "fear" in their ads. I think that Palin's "death panel" comment (I'm NOT a Palin fan), was more accurate than the Dem ad showing Ryan pushing grandma's wheelchair off the cliff.

And the COB confirmed the many negatives of Obamacare ... Medicare caregivers will get less $ in reimbursement than they do now.

Actually, not much will change in the health care system with Obamacare, if you look closely: those who are relatively rich will get their care; those who are very poor will still get less good care, or have to wait longer for it. Those who pay for care (through insurance) will still be paying for those who do not pay for their coverage.

Those who can afford the best health insurance will ALSO be "penalized" for having such good plans, just as those who do not buy will be taxed for not buying at all. That is, unless you are with a company or union who was "exempted" from the rules. Can't believe that can't be classified as some kind of "discrimination".

They can only reduce Medicare payments to a certain level before providers will find it not smart to accept Medicare patients. Medicaid the same. Not much good to have health insurance if you can't find a provider to give you the care. Guess those people will continue to use the emergency rooms as they are used now?

I think that the problem with Obamacare has a lot to do with the fact that those who designed it have so little knowledge of how the private sector works. When that becomes obvious, that will lead to a single-payer system and govt-run providers.

At least one suggestion of Newt's should be implemented: accept IBM's offer of free software to control the fraud element in the govt programs (Medicare & Medicaid). If Obamacare survives, and govt $ in health care insurance grows even larger, that software would be even more valuable. I cannot understand why the offer was flat-out refused.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Joe Goebbels was a conservative propagandist. He helped usher in the Nazi regime and keep it in power by skillfully pushing Big Lies. The Big Lie is most effective when it taps into fear. This is a tactic now employed by GOPper media. Happy Halloween!
    Hope and Change, Global Warming, No Tax Increase, Reduce Deficit, Health Care Costs Will Go Down, Transparency, No Lobbyist, No Earmarks, No Health Care Rationing, Shovel Ready Jobs, Energy Independence, Close Gitmo.

Just a few regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by pat addis View Post
    every one blames obama but don't forget he could't do this with out a willing democrat congerss so as you vote don't forget to throw out those sob's i know your local dems wil play a good game and try to convince the voters that they are at least more conservervist than not but they will vote with obama. with the supreme court is also on the line this year
    Agreed. Although there were some Dems who were subjected to strong-arm tactics to get their votes ... and "pork" for their states. Probably should be thrown out as well anyhow since their votes were that easy to buy, in spite of the inequity it created for everyone else. Have to imagine that those Dems in Congress who did not play "hard to get" regretted not doing so.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What is scary is an electorate that continues to support big spending government, just two different flavors of it!

With a 16 TRILLION deficit, tax payers work for the politicians. Just remember, the bigger the Federal Government, the less Freedoms we the people will have!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

It doesnt scare the old folks we dont have to put up with it much longer Our kids and grandkids are going to pay the price they wont be able to afford any health care, obamacare will make it more difficult to have surgery, see a Dr , God help you when you need a prescription , and it will take your entire paycheck to pay for it, social security will be gone and you will not have medicare thats a fact not a myth, 21 new taxes right now with obamacare and a recession the first of the year so if you vote for him you will get everything you deserve.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 09-02-2012 at 09:48 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Our News Director went to see it yesterday. He told me that the movie is scaring the daylights out of the old folks. No doubt that scare tactics are an effective form of getting ones message across. Learned a long time ago to NOT let my opinions be managed by fear! May have to go and see for myself today as there is no Football on the tube.
    I went to see it last night Franco... There wasn't much on it that someone who actively follows politics such as yourself won't already know. I started falling asleep the last 20 minutes. My wife kept waking me up.

The people that really need to see it unfortunately are already locked in to voting for him...
    Bill Davis

It is very clear what the intentions of a movie like this is....you guys can go watch this and then feel your vote is saving the country from the evil muslim or the anti-christ what ever flavor you think works best on that given day

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    It is very clear what the intentions of a movie like this is....you guys can go watch this and then feel your vote is saving the country from the evil muslim or the anti-christ what ever flavor you think works best on that given day
    I was going to vote for Romney before I saw the movie... I think you know that. I went to see if they had anything new... to my surprise, I already knew just about everything that was presented on the movie. End result... he still sucks as president.
    Last edited by huntinman; 09-02-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post

If I wanted to see the anti christ , all I have to do is watch Debbie Wasserman Schultz on the Sunday News programs
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"