The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Speech The GOP Doesn't Want Americans To Hear!

Let us suppose for arguments sake that the Tea Party Movement's platform is what I have in mind for the country. Do they have someone to run that can beat BHO.....Even if he could. Ron Paul is 77 YO, for crying out loud, around the same age as the Supreme Court Justices that we are worrying about retiring

At this point we need a two term candidate.

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 08-25-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

[QUOTE=Franco;1002345]UB, RP has earned a prominent speak spot at the convention. It would go a long way in recruiting support for Romney. Not the video tribute the RNC has planned, where they get to control the message. That jesture of appeasement will not make RP bite his tongue Sunday evening! RP will step aside after this week but, the movement lives on![/QUOTE]

That's funny, seems to me "the movement" as you call it petered out in just about every state and staggered to the finish with Ron Paul suspending his campaign before the actual end. If he thought it actually "lived on", would he have just quit like he did??
    Bill Davis

If RP's son, Rand, has put his backing to Romney ... I think that gives us reason to believe that RP's supporters need to do that, too. Or is that just too simple for the complex world of politics?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

What will be missing at the RNC Convention? Integrity!

Although there has been speculation for weeks that Ron Paul was never invited to speak at the convention, it has been recently revealed that he was offered a speaking spot but it came with 2 strings attached. He would have to submit his speech for approval and vetting by the Romney team. He would also have to fully endorse Mitt Romney for President. Dr. Paul declined the offer due to these compromising conditions. In an interview reported by the New York Times, he is quoted as saying that "It wouldn't be my speech" and "That would undo everything I have done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for President."

http://www.examiner.com/article/worl...ly-at-sun-dome

And John, RP is NOT a Tea Party person and never been a so-called member. The Teas backed big spending Rick Santorum!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What will be missing at the RNC Convention? Integrity!

Although there has been speculation for weeks that Ron Paul was never invited to speak at the convention, it has been recently revealed that he was offered a speaking spot but it came with 2 strings attached. He would have to submit his speech for approval and vetting by the Romney team. He would also have to fully endorse Mitt Romney for President. Dr. Paul declined the offer due to these compromising conditions. In an interview reported by the New York Times, he is quoted as saying that "It wouldn't be my speech" and "That would undo everything I have done in the last 30 years. I don't fully endorse him for President."

http://www.examiner.com/article/worl...ly-at-sun-dome

And John, RP is NOT a Tea Party person and never been a so-called member. The Teas backed big spending Rick Santorum!
    That would be the one bill he sponsored and got passed. Give me a break.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That would be the one bill he sponsored and got passed. Give me a break.
    In case you haven't noticed, Congress has been dysfunctional for the last couple of decades! They like spending money we don't have, limiting our Liberty and passing bills that caters to the lowest common denominator.

Ron Paul political deciples.
    http://www.startribune.com/politics/...5.html?refer=y
    Last edited by Franco; 08-26-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

the RNC knows that in order to beat BHO they have to show a united front and message, they wont risk any loose cannons, like Palin, RP,or Santorum straying off point and trying to further their own personal agendas....it looks as if Newt Gingrich is the only former candidate that has put the good of the country above his own personal beliefs, Santorum released his delegates, but has been quiet as a church mouse, same with Gov Goodhair (Perry)

I dont expect any of the former candidates to give Mitt the big reach around, but I do expect them to show the same spirit that they pledged during the primary season to defeat BHO, their silence shows they were willing to say and do anything to get the nomination..

Ron Paul will soon be a footnote in politics, his followers will find someone else to rally behind
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the RNC knows that in order to beat BHO they have to show a united front and message, they wont risk any loose cannons, like Palin, RP,or Santorum straying off point and trying to further their own personal agendas....it looks as if Newt Gingrich is the only former candidate that has put the good of the country above his own personal beliefs, Santorum released his delegates, but has been quiet as a church mouse, same with Gov Goodhair (Perry)

I dont expect any of the former candidates to give Mitt the big reach around, but I do expect them to show the same spirit that they pledged during the primary season to defeat BHO, their silence shows they were willing to say and do anything to get the nomination..

Ron Paul will soon be a footnote in politics, his followers will find someone else to rally behind
    That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.
    actually it says a ton about Newt, he kept to his word..he vowed on stage that the single most important issue was to defeat BHO in Nov...Newt does not have to prove that he doesnt have the best intentions for the country above his own personal ambitions or agenda....

your claim that nothing will change smacks of sour grapes...I never expected you to embrace ANY nominee except RP, but what is more important to you...the good of the Nation or your ideology shaped by RP ...

Mitt was not my first choice but I will back him 100% because IMO he is better than the current resident of the WH, and because he will do a better job of bring back the US to the type of nation that it deserves to be, and that is good for the country as a whole...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

[QUOTE=Franco;1002535]That doesn't say much for Newt. That he would be a politician above what he feels is best for the country, integrity out the window!

Obama or Romney, nothing will change.[/QUOTE

Maybe he feels four years of Mitt is better than four more years of BHO.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown