The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Speech The GOP Doesn't Want Americans To Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    actually it says a ton about Newt, he kept to his word..he vowed on stage that the single most important issue was to defeat BHO in Nov...Newt does not have to prove that he doesnt have the best intentions for the country above his own personal ambitions or agenda....

your claim that nothing will change smacks of sour grapes...I never expected you to embrace ANY nominee except RP, but what is more important to you...the good of the Nation or your ideology shaped by RP ...

Mitt was not my first choice but I will back him 100% because IMO he is better than the current resident of the WH, and because he will do a better job of bring back the US to the type of nation that it deserves to be, and that is good for the country as a whole...
    Sour grapes? The American people have a chance to refrom our government and Romney offers more of the same! Even former Repub Governor Crist is endorsing Obama! That's because Romney offers nothing more than the failure of the GOP past and Crist knows it. Not to mention that Romney's Foreign Policy is another disaster waiting to happen, the guy is clueless! Romney's political views are so obviously directed by polls and NOT conviction! But, maybe this is what the GOP needs, to fall hard so that maybe, just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future. RP supporters are too principled to line up behind another political hack!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Sour grapes? The American people have a chance to refrom our government and Romney offers more of the same! Even former Repub Governor Crist is endorsing Obama! That's because Romney offers nothing more than the failure of the GOP past and Crist knows it. Not to mention that Romney's Foreign Policy is another disaster waiting to happen, the guy is clueless! Romney's political views are so obviously directed by polls and NOT conviction! But, maybe this is what the GOP needs, to fall hard so that maybe, just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future. RP supporters are too principled to line up behind another political hack!
    Just amazing. There was a time the little hand grenade with the bad haircut cornered enough voters to where we had the "first" black president elected. Now we have another batch of followers of a 3rd party, out to show us all how "principled" they are, they would gladly allow this nation to become so compromised it will take SEVERAL generations to bring it out of the abyss. Even you won't live long enough to see that happen, Mr. Principle.

Funny you should mention Crist and sour grapes in the same paragraph. You've just illustrated the epitome of sour grapes. I don't have time for "just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future", our future is NOW, and since you don't see the calamity of what your crowd will cause, we will have to draft more conservatives equipped with clothes pins, to overcome your batch of "principled" ignoramuses. All your bluster will just make the incumbant stronger. And should you and others that don't vote to remove THIS black president from office, you will be among those ignorants that are no better than the SFN, and OWS crowds that will succeed in turning this country into another Greece.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Just amazing. There was a time the little hand grenade with the bad haircut cornered enough voters to where we had the "first" black president elected. Now we have another batch of followers of a 3rd party, out to show us all how "principled" they are, they would gladly allow this nation to become so compromised it will take SEVERAL generations to bring it out of the abyss. Even you won't live long enough to see that happen, Mr. Principle.

Funny you should mention Crist and sour grapes in the same paragraph. You've just illustrated the epitome of sour grapes. I don't have time for "just maybe we get some reformers running for office in the future", our future is NOW, and since you don't see the calamity of what your crowd will cause, we will have to draft more conservatives equipped with clothes pins, to overcome your batch of "principled" ignoramuses. All your bluster will just make the incumbant stronger. And should you and others that don't vote to remove THIS black president from office, you will be among those ignorants that are no better than the SFN, and OWS crowds that will succeed in turning this country into another Greece.

UB
    The calamity is that neither Obama or Romney offers any real chance or reform. The calamity is the electorate that doesn't see the forrest for the trees; the Dems and Repubs are what got us into this mess.

I don't remember one person here on RTF that supported Romney prior to him becoming the Presumptive nominee! This attitude of anyone but Obama is nuts! Have you already forgotten the mess the Repubs created the last time?

I don't like either and I have a third party option! The "vote third party is a vote for Obama" is not a reason to vote for Romney!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The calamity is that neither Obama or Romney offers any real chance or reform. The calamity is the electorate that doesn't see the forrest for the trees; the Dems and Repubs are what got us into this mess.

I don't remember one person here on RTF that supported Romney prior to him becoming the Presumptive nominee! This attitude of anyone but Obama is nuts! Have you already forgotten the mess the Repubs created the last time?

I don't like either and I have a third party option! The "vote third party is a vote for Obama" is not a reason to vote for Romney!
    Then you shall reap what you sow. Unfortunately the rest of us will have to live with your shortsightedness and selfish views. After you get pissed on by the skunk in the White House, please don't cry about how bad you smell...you will be known by the company you keep, and it won't be Paul's fault. He will see the light, but I doubt your fellow bloviators will recognize what you have done.

After 4 more years of Obama, you'll pay hell explaining to your offspring what you helped cause for them.

And when Obama and his corrupt henchmen in the AG office come for my guns, you will be one of the indelible pictures in my mind as to why so many Americans are suffering under this regime.

Puff out your chest, Franco. Your principled pride is so comforting to you, but you fail to recognize the Libertarian party is well ahead of it's time. Are we supposed to pat you on the back for your stance? It won't happen, because you are just as big a fool as the rest of those voting for Obama and the Democrats. If you don't see that, then you are as blind as Sambo. At least he isn't fooling himself into thinking he's voting for something 'different'. He KNOWS what he's getting.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

If a vote for a third party candidate is a vote for Obama, and you really won't regret the consequences of your actions, go ahead and vote third party......If you do not want four more years of Obama, perhaps you should consider the other option.

It's just that simple

john
    Last edited by john fallon; 08-26-2012 at 09:19 PM.
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Frankly, it's a speech Americans don't want to hear.
    We made that abundantly clear in the primaries.
    The last thing we need right now are the aberrant ramblings of an angry old fool.

What we need is a start back towards American exceptionalism.
    Lower unemployment
    Lower gas prices
    Lower food prices
    Less Govt spending

That's a start.
    If you think the "Angry Old Man" can win an election on his theory of abolishing the fed, you're high!!!

It really is that simple.
    Last edited by road kill; 08-27-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Its horrible under Obama it will tear the country apart so why would you vote for a third party that can't win? Put Romney in he will not let things get as bad as they will under Obama he will save medicare for you, your kids under bo it gone..... and if you dont like him in four years he will be out. People feel now like we have no choice we have been beaten down so much we feel we have to just except Obama thats not true we are his boss he can play his games protecting Holder, & Big Janet , but now is the time we have a right to say NO MORE He cannot force this on us anymore. If you were in this much debt you would have to cut up your credit cards live on a budget tighten your belts and cut your costs the Gov has to do the same thing Obama doesnt know how to handle money he has proven that by spending 1.3 Trillion dolars in the last 12 months,when he promised he would cut the debt by half these were his own lying words. We cannot take 4 more years and we DONT HAVE TO.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Ending the Fed would go a long way in helping our economy get on a solid footing, not the fanasty economy that the Fed creates! But then again, Romney does believe in crony capitalism.

Looks like most Repubs here on RTF want more of the same; big spending, big government, war and limited Liberties which the Repubs are offering in 2012.

--------------------------------
    As Republican National Committee officials scrambled to adjust the storm-shortened schedule for this week's convention to nominate Mitt Romney for president, Paul followers gathered across town at the University of Southern Florida's Sun Dome.
    Paul, who is retiring from Congress this year after a colorful career and three failed White House runs, looked embarrassed as he got a prolonged standing ovation from an ear-splitting crowd as music thumped "Ron Paul, Ron Paul" in the background.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48797539/?ocid=ansmsnbc11

--------------------------------------------

The far-right media still has their heads stuck up their arses and didn't cover yesterday's event. How dare anyone challenge thier candidate!

--------------------------------------------

more from ABC News...
    Some in the crowd said they would not support Mitt Romney in November in part because the way Ron Paul and the movement had been treated by the Republican establishment. Paul was denied the chance to offer an unvetted speech despite the fact that numerous states sent delegations to the convention dominated by Paul supporters. (Rand Paul does have a speaking slot.) One woman wore a shirt that read "Let Ron Paul Speak."
    Calvin Lee, who traveled to Florida from Los Angeles to hear Paul's speech, said he felt "betrayed" by the Republican Party. "Every time you get betrayed by the party, it makes you want to stand up," the 26-year old added.
    "They didn't earn my vote or my respect," Erick Cardona, who just moved to Florida from Arizona, said of the GOP.
    Paul, meanwhile, seemed undeterred.
    Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Its horrible under Obama it will tear the country apart so why would you vote for a third party that can't win? Put Romney in he will not let things get as bad as they will under Obama he will save medicare for you, your kids under bo it gone..... and if you dont like him in four years he will be out. People feel now like we have no choice we have been beaten down so much we feel we have to just except Obama thats not true we are his boss he can play his games protecting Holder, & Big Janet , but now is the time we have a right to say NO MORE He cannot force this on us anymore. If you were in this much debt you would have to cut up your credit cards live on a budget tighten your belts and cut your costs the Gov has to do the same thing Obama doesnt know how to handle money he has proven that by spending 1.3 Trillion dolars in the last 12 months,when he promised he would cut the debt by half these were his own lying words. We cannot take 4 more years and we DONT HAVE TO.

If you really think there is a difference between Obama and Romney, then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that I would like to sell to you!

It will be business as usual!

--------------------------------
    from Yahoo News...

Paul's coalition is made up of anti-war Republicans, people who want stricter government adherence to the Constitution and those who want to dismantle the Federal Reserve.
    Paul encouraged his supporters to continue until their views are the GOP mainstream.
    "Believe me, we will get in the tent because we will become the tent eventually," he said. "With the energy that we have, it seems to me they would be begging and pleading for us to come into the party."
    Paul, 77, is leaving Congress after his 12th term expires at year's end. He will be honored Tuesday night in a video tribute at the convention. The RNC also amended the party's platform to include policy provisions Paul has advocated for, such as an audit of the Federal Reserve.
    Despite the conciliatory gestures, some of Paul's ardent supports believe the Republican Party is marginalizing him.
    "It's nice they're doing a tribute, but it doesn't change my opinion of them," said Susie Mann, 55, of Columbus, Ohio. "Let the man speak."

Last edited by Franco; 08-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Another speech they don't want to hear:
    Rick Scott, the Republican governor of Florida, likes to tell voters that his state has experienced a major economic turnaround since he took office 19 months ago.
    All success belongs to the dog, all failure to the trainer.