The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Speech The GOP Doesn't Want Americans To Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    RP has represented his constituency without fail or floundering back and forth. That is the accomplishment that all politicians should strive for, even if it is unpopular or makes you look like a nut job. Please enlighten me on what is so awful about RP? His supporters get annoying, yes, but he is the only candidate that had different ideas. The only difference between BO and mitt is where they spend the money we don't have.
    Different ideas scare the Dems and Repubs as they like keeping things the way they are!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

you guys sound like you would fit right in with the obama administartion... By listing all the thing RP did not do as his accomplishments... you are listing his accomplishments... impressive.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    you guys sound like you would fit right in with the obama administartion... By listing all the thing RP did not do as his accomplishments... you are listing his accomplishments... impressive.
    You mean unlike the current presumptive ticket that voted;

7 times to raise the debt ceiling
    TARP
    Auto Bailout
    Unfunded Medicare Plan B
    Invasion of Iraq and A'stan
    Future increases to the military budget
    Support of offshoring American jobs
    Unlimited printing of U S dollars
    Advoacting premptive wars on Syria and Iran

I glad my guy doesn't want any part of the above!

Unlike Mittence, my guy has INTEGRITY.

Romney is a classic crony capitalist, i.e., a fascist, and his ties to Paul Ryan go far beyond tapping him as his Vice Presidential selection. Last week, The Telegraph reported that Romney may have violated ethics laws while Governor of Massachusetts by profiting from a marketing company that was contracted by the State after receiving $5 million from Bain Capital.
    Paul Ryan’s brother Tobin was senior manager at Bain from 1995-1998. He left to become vice president of Imagitas, a company co-founded by Bain consultant Tom Beecher. In June 2000, the company got a $5 million investment from Bain. It expanded and began to win contracts with several State governments, including Wisconsin — where Republican and Ryan ally Scott McCallum was Governor — and Massachusetts (a contract that began in 2002, shortly before Romney’s election as Governor and shortly after Tobin Ryan says he left Imagitas).
    That work with Massachusetts continued for several years, yet Romney never disclosed the potential conflict of interest. According to The Telegraph, Romney’s 2002 financial disclosure forms state he still owned 100 percent of Bain Capital Investors VI and Bain Capital, Inc. But the forms do not detail individual companies like Imagitus, in which Bain Capital was invested.
    In 2005, while Romney was still Governor, Imagitus was sold for $230 million.
    Victor Fleischer, a law professor at the University of Colorado specializing in private equity, told The Telegraph it was “possible but unlikely” that Romney could have completely prevented himself from benefiting from Imagitas.
    Over the years, Imagitas gave the Republican Governor’s Association, which Romney chaired, a total of $64,825. Former Imagitus board member Glenn Youngkin, a senior executive with The Carlyle Group — an organization with several directors and staffers who are members of the Council on Foreign Relations — has donated $50,000 to the Romney Victory Fund. He has donated more than $16,000 to Ryan’s campaigns since 1999.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Your guy LOST ALL 50 STATES... GIVE IT UP. You sound like a drunk on a barstool at 3 in the afternoon.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Your guy LOST ALL 50 STATES... GIVE IT UP. You sound like a drunk on a barstool at 3 in the afternoon.
    What's the matter, can't handle the facts?

200 delegates will be shouting Ron Paul Tuesday night!

Huntinman, we just have a different philosophy on things...dems and reps still believe the govt can fix the country's problems. Us libertarian leaning folks realize that govt is the problem. He lost all fifty states, but he also made people think, I am one of those people. I can make the arguments that you are making against RP probably better than you because a year ago I was! But truth is still truth whether or not it gets votes. While RP did not get a lot of votes, that does not diminish the truth he stands for and that you actually support if you would stop drinking the Kool aid

Franco....I have been trying to make them look up and open their eyes but its all about beating Obama...not what's good for the country. Had they been able to compromise it would have allowed Obama to come closer to what their voters want and some good things for the country would have happened. No lets do everything to make him fail so we can win in November. I have news though...Romney/Ryan are not going to win. So my question is do you want 4 more years of nothing until you can try again or do you want to find common ground?

"I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Franco....I have been trying to make them look up and open their eyes but its all about beating Obama...not what's good for the country. Had they been able to compromise it would have allowed Obama to come closer to what their voters want and some good things for the country would have happened. No lets do everything to make him fail so we can win in November. I have news though...Romney/Ryan are not going to win. So my question is do you want 4 more years of nothing until you can try again or do you want to find common ground?
    It would really depend on the issue.

Real spending cuts...yes.
    Downsizing the Fed Government...yes.
    Ending the two Wars...yes.
    Addressing the deficit...yes.
    A balanced budget...yes.

I agree....and there have been attemps and spending cuts....in absolute dollars sending is $600B less than a year ago. Just think what could have happened if some folks let go of a few things.