The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Speech The GOP Doesn't Want Americans To Hear!

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Huntinman, we just have a different philosophy on things...dems and reps still believe the govt can fix the country's problems. Us libertarian leaning folks realize that govt is the problem. He lost all fifty states, but he also made people think, I am one of those people. I can make the arguments that you are making against RP probably better than you because a year ago I was! But truth is still truth whether or not it gets votes. While RP did not get a lot of votes, that does not diminish the truth he stands for and that you actually support if you would stop drinking the Kool aid
    I hear what you are saying... but what I am saying is RP has had his chance (s). The country told him no. RP and his followers really have no way to change anything at the present time... it's all just a buzz in the background...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I hear what you are saying... but what I am saying is RP has had his chance (s). The country told him no. RP and his followers really have no way to change anything at the present time... it's all just a buzz in the background...
    I absolutely understand where you're coming from here... but I will submit this idea to you:
    How many states would RP have carried more delegates from if there hadn't been 6 horses in the race at the time?
    I almost think the Rs kept the vote spread amongst the multiple candidates just long enough for the institution's guy to win.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    I absolutely understand where you're coming from here... but I will submit this idea to you:
    How many states would RP have carried more delegates from if there hadn't been 6 horses in the race at the time?
    I almost think the Rs kept the vote spread amongst the multiple candidates just long enough for the institution's guy to win.
    Good point. but that works both ways... How many times did you hear the media hammer Romney for not being able to finish the deal? he couldn't "wrap up" the nomination early enough to satisfy the talking heads precisely for the same reason you bring up.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Huntinman, we just have a different philosophy on things...dems and reps still believe the govt can fix the country's problems. Us libertarian leaning folks realize that govt is the problem. He lost all fifty states, but he also made people think, I am one of those people. I can make the arguments that you are making against RP probably better than you because a year ago I was! But truth is still truth whether or not it gets votes. While RP did not get a lot of votes, that does not diminish the truth he stands for and that you actually support if you would stop drinking the Kool aid
    How ironic a RP supporter telling someone to stop drinking the Kool Aid.....what you ideologists have bought into is the thinking that one person can unilaterally change the way government does its business..RP gets you in a lather with talk of ending the FED, when you dont realize its not like he can just issue an executive order and poof the FED is gone...a lot of Ron Paul's ideas are pie in the sky thinking, they are romantic and easy to fall in love with, its the same type of ideology that swept BHO into office, except that BHO had a willing electorate and a mandate in the House and Senate...RP has neither, all he has is his minions of supporters that want to believe in something, so they latch onto his message with an almost cult like craze, they dismiss the naysayers by joining the two parties together as a common enemy...

RP has some good messages, he has some fresh ideas...but he forgets to tell you how he is going to implement those ideas...RP followers buy into the rhetoric that a single man with a cause can start a movement or a "revolution" as is the mantra, but as any historian will attest a revolution takes more than ideology, you need willing participants, in this case Congress, pinning your hopes on one man in a Congress of 535 is not sound thinking,how many other politicians besides Rand Paul stand side by side in your mode of thinking...at least with the Tea Party they realized that to get change they needed to have more members elected in order to make a change, one man alone will not get it done
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    What's the matter, can't handle the facts?

200 delegates will be shouting Ron Paul Tuesday night!
    Here is a fact: RP lost in the primaries and is NOT getting the nomination!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    How ironic a RP supporter telling someone to stop drinking the Kool Aid.....what you ideologists have bought into is the thinking that one person can unilaterally change the way government does its business..RP gets you in a lather with talk of ending the FED, when you dont realize its not like he can just issue an executive order and poof the FED is gone...a lot of Ron Paul's ideas are pie in the sky thinking, they are romantic and easy to fall in love with, its the same type of ideology that swept BHO into office, except that BHO had a willing electorate and a mandate in the House and Senate...RP has neither, all he has is his minions of supporters that want to believe in something, so they latch onto his message with an almost cult like craze, they dismiss the naysayers by joining the two parties together as a common enemy...

RP has some good messages, he has some fresh ideas...but he forgets to tell you how he is going to implement those ideas...RP followers buy into the rhetoric that a single man with a cause can start a movement or a "revolution" as is the mantra, but as any historian will attest a revolution takes more than ideology, you need willing participants, in this case Congress, pinning your hopes on one man in a Congress of 535 is not sound thinking,how many other politicians besides Rand Paul stand side by side in your mode of thinking...at least with the Tea Party they realized that to get change they needed to have more members elected in order to make a change, one man alone will not get it done
    One man CAN make a huge difference! But, like he has said many times, it is not about this election but the future. He has given birth to a movement that will haunt the big spending Dems and Repubs.

I wanted to copy and paste a PM I received a little while ago from an RTFer that attended yesterday's rally. But, this new RTF format won't let me do it.

It was about RP supporteres not wanting to compromise their convictions for the sake of two lesser evils and how paranoid the Romney folks are.

Rand Paul 2016
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

One man CAN make a huge difference! But, like he has said many times, it is not about this election but the future. He has given birth to a movement that will haunt the big spending Dems and Repubs.

I wanted to copy and paste a PM I received a little while ago from an RTFer that attended yesterday's rally. But, this new RTF format won't let me do it.

It was about RP supporteres not wanting to compromise their convictions for the sake of two lesser evils and how paranoid the Romney folks are.

Rand Paul 2016
    That kind of foolishness is what gave us Clinton and will most likely give us 4 more years of obama. Thanks!!
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That kind of foolishness is what gave us Clinton and will most likely give us 4 more years of obama. Thanks!!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

if you dug Harriet Tubman up out of her grave and ran her for president... she would get more votes than Ron Paul. Good choice...
    Bill Davis

I would never call it foolishness to vote your convictions. If you don't vote your convictions the you don't have a vote. If you feel that it is more important to have a repub in the white houses than a democrat that's fine. If that is your strongest conviction this season vote mitt and give it all you got. And for the record, we all drink the kool aid, it just depends on the flavor.