The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Congressional Reform

Default Congressional Reform

This is a very important election and I have read lots of passionate posts from both sides. Of the two choices available, I believe Romney is the better choice. We have already seen what direction Pres. Obama has in mind for the country. I believe that most of the politicians are more interested in preserving their income and power by keeping their jobs. I believe that most would say or do whatever it takes to stay in office. The problem is they do it under the guise of lofty ideas of serving the public. If the Congress was really interested in serving the public and vote for what is best for the country, why would they vote themselves exempt from most of the things that are "best for the country".

They do not Participate in social security, instead they have a private retirement program.
    They are exempt from the new Healthcare law that was voted in before they even read it.
    They can vote themselves a raise from our taxes. Do you really think they deserve a raise when
    We are nearly 16 tril in debt? After serving two terms, I believe they receive their salary for life.
    Wow, I wish I could find a job that would pay me my salary for life after working 8-12 yrs (2 terms).

I believe that a lot of congress is there not to serve the people, but rather be served by the people and
    many of them from both parties need to go and be replaced with men/women that will uphold the spirit and vision of the founding fathers not turn public service into a career.

Has anyone in Congress ever proposed a bill that would move legislators into the SS and new Obamacare systems?

Isn't it time to make Congress abide by all the same laws as everybody else? Some have proposed a Constitutional amendment to that end, but do we really need that? Shouldn't everyone be subject to the same laws anyhow?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Welkins View Post
    This is a very important election and I have read lots of passionate posts from both sides. Of the two choices available, I believe Romney is the better choice. We have already seen what direction Pres. Obama has in mind for the country. I believe that most of the politicians are more interested in preserving their income and power by keeping their jobs. I believe that most would say or do whatever it takes to stay in office. The problem is they do it under the guise of lofty ideas of serving the public. If the Congress was really interested in serving the public and vote for what is best for the country, why would they vote themselves exempt from most of the things that are "best for the country".

They do not Participate in social security, instead they have a private retirement program.
    They are exempt from the new Healthcare law that was voted in before they even read it.
    They can vote themselves a raise from our taxes. Do you really think they deserve a raise when
    We are nearly 16 tril in debt? After serving two terms, I believe they receive their salary for life.
    Wow, I wish I could find a job that would pay me my salary for life after working 8-12 yrs (2 terms).

I believe that a lot of congress is there not to serve the people, but rather be served by the people and
    many of them from both parties need to go and be replaced with men/women that will uphold the spirit and vision of the founding fathers not turn public service into a career.
    If you are really serious about this how could you support Romney? The Repubss are responsible for 12 TRILLION of the 16 TRILLION debt! Romney's running mate, though likeable, has never met a spending bill he doesn't like!

The Dems and Repubs offer nothing different, just more out of control government!

Gerry, only one member of the House has written bills that gives Congress the same benefits as us Plebs but, he has been rejected by both parties and the uneducated electorate!
    Last edited by Franco; 08-26-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I am serious and if they both offer nothing different will take my chances with Romney over Obama. Respect your opinion if you disagree and encourage you to vote your conscience in Nov. As far as Congress is concerned, both parties need to be given an enema. Both parties spend and waste way too much of our money. If we ran our households or businesses like they do we would be broke and homeless. We cut back when we run short of money, they do not. I think they see the American people as an endless supply of money from which to take from. Only we can change that because they don't appear to have any desire to do so. I think we would be better off if there were no republican or democratic party.