The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying ads

Obama wants to stay in the WH so we can continue to send him on vacations and golf games. Add up the hours he spent playing golf vs how much time he has spent in a meeting theres no comparision. He doesnt have time to be Pres. He will be alot happier to play golf with his showbiz buddies and do interviews for people, entertainment tonight, thats where his heart is. So we will do him a favor and send him on his way. Once Romney is officially nominated and that money is opened to him you will see alot of new ads, cant wait. BTW the movie 2016 took in 9 million dollars so far & is in the top 10 . Between that movie and Hope and Change which is all about dem's who voted for him supported him in 08 and now want him gone he should be toast.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-27-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I bet when Romney is bashing Obama you feel warm and fuzz....right?
    No. My issue is not with the ads going back and forth. I do not care for ads from either side. My issue is playing them that often and on practicly every station is the annoying part, I also find it to be very rude to mimic a traffic report on radio when people actually listen to the traffic report to make their trip.

On a funnier note all the ads were on clearchannel stations, which Bain Capital had a role in. BTW I heard it 2 times during lunch.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

~Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted~

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post
    No. My issue is not with the ads going back and forth. I do not care for ads from either side. My issue is playing them that often and on practicly every station is the annoying part, I also find it to be very rude to mimic a traffic report on radio when people actually listen to the traffic report to make their trip.

On a funnier note all the ads were on clearchannel stations, which Bain Capital had a role in. BTW I heard it 2 times during lunch.

that is hilarious.... Isn't clearchannel owned by a christian organization or some such? I cant remember.... Either way... at least they are taking in the ad dollars LOL!!! Maybe Bain is using the ad revenues to donate to Romney.

I am sooooo happy NOT to live in a swing state. I do not envy your tv watching or radio listening at this time.
    "I'm gonna lean up against you, and you lean up against me. That way we don't hafta sleep with our heads in the mud"
    Forrest Gump, 1994

See the republicans have been lying about Obama so long they believe them.....can't get any lower than the republicans have been...I'm glad he is standing up for himself

See the republicans have been lying about Obama so long they believe them.....can't get any lower than the republicans have been...I'm glad he is standing up for himself
    This ad doesn't stand up for anything, it says if Romney/Ryan win traffic will get worse, if Obama wins traffic will get better. I have yet to see our roads here get better because of Obama.
    My Father,My Friend,My teacher,and now My Angel~ 04/21/1956-03/21/2011 You will always be missed. I hope to learn half of the stuff you knew.

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post
    that is hilarious.... Isn't clearchannel owned by a christian organization or some such? I cant remember.... Either way... at least they are taking in the ad dollars LOL!!! Maybe Bain is using the ad revenues to donate to Romney.

I am sooooo happy NOT to live in a swing state. I do not envy your tv watching or radio listening at this time.
    Clear Channel is owned by; 28% Bain Capital, 28% Thomas Lee Partners and the rest is owned by the Mays and McComb families. They are in it for profit, as they should be.

Clear Channel owns Premier Radio Network which owns the Rush Limbaugh Show. They also syndicate Hannity which is owned by Cumulus.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Glavich View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ARay11 View Post

Clear Channel or just about any other media mega empire (including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC) only know one color...GREEN...they would take ads from Hugo Chavez,Fidel Castro and Putin, if they thought they wouldnt lose their other sponsors

the marketing wizzes know if they bludgeon you with the ads, it will stick, just like a catchy tune or a jingle, its all about saturation..its the same thing they use the news media and why they have their pundits repeat the same talking points, they repeat it often enough , the uninformed start believing the rhetoric...They learned from the sales guys how to sell detergent,soda,and toothpaste...except this time the product is a candidate

Like the Stones song goes about some man telling me about how to keep my white shirts clean

When I'm watchin' my T.V.
    And that man comes on to tell me
    How white my shirts can be
    But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
    The same cigarrettes as me
    I can't get no, oh no, no, no
    Hey hey hey, that's what I say
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Clear Channel or just about any other media mega empire (including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC) only know one color...GREEN...they would take ads from Hugo Chavez,Fidel Castro and Putin, if they thought they wouldnt lose their other sponsors

the marketing wizzes know if they bludgeon you with the ads, it will stick, just like a catchy tune or a jingle, its all about saturation..its the same thing they use the news media and why they have their pundits repeat the same talking points, they repeat it often enough , the uninformed start believing the rhetoric...They learned from the sales guys how to sell detergent,soda,and toothpaste...except this time the product is a candidate

Like the Stones song goes about some man telling me about how to keep my white shirts clean

When I'm watchin' my T.V.
    And that man comes on to tell me
    How white my shirts can be
    But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
    The same cigarrettes as me
    I can't get no, oh no, no, no
    Hey hey hey, that's what I say
    I must be different then. When I hear something like that over and over I do the opposite. Just like everytime I see 10 anitsmoking commercials I feel the need to smoke.

They can try and sell the product all they want. Ads like this are worse than ads that lie and attack.