The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumper Boy CEO

The recording about high call volume is just their answering machine recording all the time. Normally they answer the phone pretty quickly. I have three BB units and have not had any problems. I bought two of them used here on RTF from someone that complained about BB's and how awful they were. I called BB and got the parts that needed replacing in a timely manner and they work great. I have no complaints with BB at all.
    Keith Summerlin

Indian Creek Kennels
    Drake Waterfowl Field Expert

I've called BB several times with no success whatsoever. Ordered the updates to my DDs when the updates were first offered. I have been told by BB several times that the updates would be shipped soon, nothing, called back, "oh, theyre on back order"-multiple times. Still have not heard from BB since. Just to think that I was one of their staunch supporters.
    Last edited by David Maddox; 10-06-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    We are only as good as those that surround us.

Birthplace to:
    •FC-BAYOU TECHE TEX-'09 Nat'l Finalist
    •FC-BUTCH's DREAM CODE of TCR-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    •FC-DREAM DANCIN'-2x Nat'l Qualifier
    Gettin' Jiggy Widdit-MH
    Dancin' Dreamer Kate-MH (•FC-"FINN",QAA-"Coal"-MNHofF, QAAs-"Tank", QAA-"Allie", MH-"Tease", QAA-"Hardy", MNH-Ruby)

RIP Sweet mama Dancy!!!

I have had the worst problems with BB of anyone I have ever dealt with.

Mid august ordered a new 8 shooter, upgrade elec for my old unit, and a servo repair. Was told the 8 shooter was in and would be sent out soon.
    3 weeks later sent email that I would cancel order. Training was winding down and time to hunt I would just order in the spring. Email from BB the 8 shooter would be there Wed. 12th.
    Sept 25 order finally arrives. One receiver doesn't take a charge the other cycles through 3 firings then is dead.
    Sent an email and called BB with the problem. Was told that new receivers would be sent. Couple of minutes later receive another call saying that BB will send out an old style receiver to use until they figure out what is wrong with the receivers. This was to happen right away so I could use the 8 shooter I just purchased.
    On oct 2 I received a package with 1 old style receiver, 1 new style receiver, battery, charging unit, antenna and a bill for everything.
    Now I have to return everything that was sent less the old style receiver and the charging unit at my expense. And I have no idea when if ever I will receive the new equipment that I had ordered and paid for. I would have been much better off to cancel the order when I had the chance.
    This will be my last dealing with BB. I'll find a bird boy to hire next summer to throw my birds.
    Dan Boerboon

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about them.” Albert Einstein

Those without dreams won't go the extra mile

I used to cuss my two twelve shooters as the best I could get was maybe eight shots. Batteries died and the units just go stored. Recently got the updated electronics and the difference is amazing. Several rounds, no misfires, and extremely simple. Had to go through the long wait when I first ordered, but very pleased now.
    DawgOnIt

I ordered the new electronics in April, and then in oct they called me back to get my credit card info again so they could send me out the electronics I told them I didn't want to do business with them if they were going to take 6 months just to send out an order that they said would be sent out in 2 to 3 weeks
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Need new batteriers in my old style electronics and thought hmm maybe upgrade to hawk system. reading this thread says where can i find new batteries for the receivers sounds like best bet is to stay with old electronics

One of the selling points to upgrade was that the batteries for the old style electronics were going up to $40. (I think) When the upgrades first came out they were only $65. (I think) Plus you'd have all new electronics with a two year warranty.

Somewhere I'm sure you can buy the batteries for around $15 though.

I got the upgrades. They work fine. There are things I like better with the new style and things I miss from the old style. They sell an E-collar that works with the BB transmitter that would probably be cost effective for someone who didn't already have a collar or wanted another.

My incentive was when the old style gets older and fails I'd have to buy 1 new style and 1 new style transmitter. Then I'd have to remember what was where with two transmitters. Plus the high cost to ultimately replace everything in the future.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Keith, is this the correct battery for the older style Bumper Boy?

Thanks!

Got my new electronics just in the past couple of weeks, original order was Sept. 2011. Credit card was charged a different amount than originally quoted, sent email to BB asking why, they added 2 speaker brackets, wasn't much but went ahead and did it and nothing said unless i questioned it. When the upgrades arrived, no new speaker brackets were in the box, sent another email, they sent them right out but charged another shipping charge. Originally when I saw the $35+ shipping for the upgrades, I thought that would include return, not so, when I sent back old electronics, shipping UPS was $23.50. So, total shipping for upgrade, their mistake in not shipping speaker brackets, and return of old electronics was over $65. All that said, i really like the new elctronics.